Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No it will not transfer. DHS does not accept DOJ clearances.

Comment

• BP doesn't accept any clearance, because while the investigation is the same, the way it is looked at is different.

Clearance gives you access to information.
      Suitability determines if you are employable.

Someone with a DUI or DV conviction could have a TS but couldn't work in LE.

Comment

Last edited by Pennywise; 04-08-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Seem like Nogadishu is getting a lot of people new hires lately...hmm...this must be a clue lol. I would love to work there. My preference is for a busy station in San Diego but I would love the workload at Nogales.

Comment

• I've heard that it's like a "war zone" down there. This comes from people that I would not call a reliable source or I guess I shouldn't say that, more like hearsay. They are not there doing the job but think they know what it's all about. What's it really like?

Comment

• Anyone have a link or know how I can watch last Saturdays COPS special on the BP. I'm on the night rotation and forgot to set my DVR.

Comment

• Ok, to the current BPA's:

NO BS - I have a wife and 3 kids (all boys under 8) - my wife is all for me making the move to becoming a BPA - she's used to the schedule and overtime (voluntary and involuntary) as I currently work in law enforcement - especially since we're getting bent over on our latest contract and it's only getting worse (pay cuts, loss of benefits, etc.) IF I don't get laid off here shortly - I put in for Arizona and truthfully I wouldn't mind anywhere along the Southwest border and neither would she - before I waste anyone's time (including my own) what kind of life can I expect for my family along the Southwest border?? Is it possible to live in a decent area with decent schools and commute to work?? I take the written on the 20th and just want to know what I'm up against. I have a friend who's been through the whole process and has been waiting for the call for about a year now and another friend who is taking the test in October, but neither of them have kids so they don't have the same worries as I do.

Thanks!
                Originally posted by RSGSRT
                We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                  Anyone have a link or know how I can watch last Saturdays COPS special on the BP. I'm on the night rotation and forgot to set my DVR.
                  It was not about BP but OFO which is stationed at our POEs. There was no footage of BPAS only CBPOs at the San Yasidro POE.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                      There was no footage of BPAS only CBPOs at the San Yasidro POE.
                      Pretty sure that was a BP unit during that first scene, unless the enforcement guys from the port have gold badges.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                        Anyone have a link or know how I can watch last Saturdays COPS special on the BP. I'm on the night rotation and forgot to set my DVR.
                        http://www.fox.com/watch/cops

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                          Pretty sure that was a BP unit during that first scene, unless the enforcement guys from the port have gold badges.
                          Could of sworn they were CBPOE but I could be wrong....

Comment

• CBPO(E)'s wear gold badges.

I haven't watched the show, but the easiest way to tell the difference is to look at the epaulets.

Not including management, CBPO(e)s wear silver 'LT bars'. Standard CBPOs wear either plain, single silver stripe, or "Warrant Officer bars", with the exception of a very limited few who wear "Captain bars".

Comment

• They were in plain clothes Merlin.

I know the guy with the camera glasses was a CBPO detailed to a BP/SDSO unit earlier this year. But if (E)'s have gold badges it may have been all POE guys as I didn't recognize anyone else.

Comment

• Thank you very much SHU - that was my #1 concern about this whole process - the job sounds awesome, pay and benefits are great, but my main concern is and always will be my family. I'd give my left arm to get a transfer to a Northern Michigan station! I'd definitely wait 10-15 years for that chance!

Thanks again!
                                Originally posted by RSGSRT
                                We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                                Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16480 users online. 521 members and 15959 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X