Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When are your employment qualifications reviewed, is it before the BI? And is it done to see if you qualify for GS-5 or GS-7 etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
      When are your employment qualifications reviewed, is it before the BI? And is it done to see if you qualify for GS-5 or GS-7 etc...
      From what I can gather from the other applicants, it varies. People have had theirs done before the BI, and others after. For example, my packet was sent in for adjudication today, and I finished the oral/physical/medical in May, and I still haven't gotten the quals checkmark in CASS. madchiken something to this effect: portions of the app are completed independent of one another, not in succession.
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I just entered into the BPA process. I took the test yesterday and scored a 92% with out my vets pref. I am filling out all of the paper work now and have my interview next week.

I do have a question in regards to military addresses. I spent 4 years in the Marines do I put every station from Paris Island to MCT to MOS School to my main station and indicate a year deployed in Iraq? or do i just indicate my main duty station, or if i do use every station, do I just list my units or bases or do i have to figure out every BEQ i lived in.

Thanks For the advice
        BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
        Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
        Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
        Med---09/02/2008--Passed
        Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
        Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
        Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by momnie48 View Post

I do have a question in regards to military addresses. I spent 4 years in the Marines do I put every station from Paris Island to MCT to MOS School to my main station and indicate a year deployed in Iraq? or do i just indicate my main duty station, or if i do use every station, do I just list my units or bases or do i have to figure out every BEQ i lived in.

Thanks For the advice

I think I remember some instructions on military addresses in E-quip. Something like schools lasting 90 days or less don't need to be listed, but longer ones do. In my case I had different entries for Basic, AIT (MOS School) but not Jump School.

As far as living in different barracks while at your permanent duty station, I listed the company headquarters as my address, rather than trying to sort out the individual barrack and room number (some of which have been torn down now anyway). I created a new entry for when I moved off post.

I first completed an SF-86 for my MOS, and this was how the security folks had us do it.

Comment

• Has anyone taken a polygraph? A friend of mine, said he was just randomly selected to take one.

Comment

• Finished everything on my end. Just waiting
              Standing by to stand by

Comment

Has anyone taken a polygraph? A friend of mine, said he was just randomly selected to take one.
                I just was. It's not for an interm clearance either. I was told it was to clear up some issues
                Border Patrol Process

Written Test---4/21 (101 testers-23 passed)
                Medical--------5/19
                Oral Board------5/19
                Physical Agility--5/19
                Credit Report Pulled---6/06
                Random Drug Test-----6/13
                B.I. Started Field Interviewing---6/24
                Employment Qualifications Cleared For G-5 6/26
                Meet With B.I. From The D.H.S.-------7/7

http://<span style="font-size:12px">...rst.com</span>

Comment

Has anyone taken a polygraph? A friend of mine, said he was just randomly selected to take one.
                  I actually remember the lead agent running the oral/physical/medical saying something to the effect that you could somehow volunteer to take the polygraph by setting something up with MHC. I'm not sure how much better it would put someone, but I can only assume it was a way for them to give an applicant interim clearance and then finish it out while the trainee was at the academy. I never heard of anyone doing this, and didn't attempt it myself (I actually needed the extra time to move out of my apartment).

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                    I actually remember the lead agent running the oral/physical/medical saying something to the effect that you could somehow volunteer to take the polygraph by setting something up with MHC. I'm not sure how much better it would put someone, but I can only assume it was a way for them to give an applicant interim clearance and then finish it out while the trainee was at the academy. I never heard of anyone doing this, and didn't attempt it myself (I actually needed the extra time to move out of my apartment).
                    They are being used more often now. Some applicants have had to take 2 or 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                      They are being used more often now. Some applicants have had to take 2 or 3.
                      2 or 3 as in...failing the first and then taking it again? I mean I understand what the polygraph is for and all, but I guess it just shows how much I know about the hiring process(hint: none), because I would have just figured if they suspected that they had to administer a polygraph, and then you failed it, you were gone. Unless of course you failed for the wrong reasons like it being inconclusive or something; that I have heard happening. Okay I'll stop rambling.

Comment

• They were inconclusive from what I have heard.

Comment

• Sup Sup

I just want to say hi and thanks for all of the posts. I am glad I got my paperwork off by the deadline. Now, I am training for the fitness test.

L8r,
                          Section8
                          BPA Status
                          TSU: 04/24/09
                          EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                          Resigned: 10/28/09
                          Reapplied: 07/29/11
                          NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                          TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                          PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                          Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                          Applied: 06/24/11
                          Written: 07/21/11
                          NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• TO for the North today. With the South already in progress, everything should (figuratively) fly by from here. Just waiting on my BI.
                            Last edited by GitmoVet; 08-16-2008, 11:01 PM.
                            USSCP
                            Faxed App 7/28/10
                            Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                            Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                              TO for the North today. With the South already in progress, everything should (figuratively) fly by from here. Just waiting on my BI.
                              Just a piece of friendly advice... I would highly recommend taking a position on the southern border if you can get it. If you want to experience what this job is about you really need to do at MINIMUM 4-5 years on the southern border. IMHO, the whole "northern Border intern" thing will really shortchange you and not give you a good idea of what the job is about. I wish you the best in your hiring process, but I STRONGLY suggest taking a spot on the southern border if you want to get the most out of the job.

Just my $.02

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                                Just a piece of friendly advice... I would highly recommend taking a position on the southern border if you can get it. If you want to experience what this job is about you really need to do at MINIMUM 4-5 years on the southern border. IMHO, the whole "northern Border intern" thing will really shortchange you and not give you a good idea of what the job is about. I wish you the best in your hiring process, but I STRONGLY suggest taking a spot on the southern border if you want to get the most out of the job.

Just my $.02
                                At this point I'll take whatever I can get. I will spend 15 months down south before I go to my northern station,so I'll have some idea of both areas. I am a northerner, though, and would be extremely happy to have a good job close to home. All that being said, if the first call I get is for southern border I'm not going to say No.
                                USSCP
                                Faxed App 7/28/10
                                Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                                Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8915 users online. 425 members and 8490 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X