Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Well this pay period, I worked 50 and 58 hours.

Week 1:
      8+2 all week

Week 2:
      8+2
      8+3
      8+4
      8+7
      8+2

My long so far is 23 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
        Early consideration=Preference. Those who apply before that date will be given consideration for TO's before those who apply after it. Means just like it says.
        I'm glad i am taking the test in AUG 26........

Comment

• Sorry for the random question...any current BPA's working in the San Diego area? I'm looking for info on the tempo of work in that AOR...how manageable it would be to live a bit north of the city, but work south of it? Etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by izamsilas View Post
            Sorry for the random question...any current BPA's working in the San Diego area? I'm looking for info on the tempo of work in that AOR...how manageable it would be to live a bit north of the city, but work south of it? Etc...
            Being that San Diego Sector has stations along the border from the ocean to out in Campo and Boulevard, and two more in north county makes it fairly difficult to answer your question as far as what kind of work, the tempo, and where you should live. You can't apply for San Diego and San Diego only, you also need to think about living and working in Indio, Blythe, or somewhere near El Centro, maybe even in another state along the SW border..

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
              Well this pay period, I worked 50 and 58 hours.

Week 1:
              8+2 all week

Week 2:
              8+2
              8+3
              8+4
              8+7
              8+2

My long so far is 23 hours.
              8 + 7 on your Thursday... Ouch. A really good sup and that shift would of been a double into your weekend...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                Y

Your average day at work will be 8-10 hours long depending if you want to do your AUO. Don't think you'll be working 13 hours a day every day without a choice in the matter. FTU is one thing, but by service policy a sup CANNOT force you to work AUO. Sometimes circumstances make it unavoidable but on your average day, it is your call and yours alone.
                That is a common misconception about AUO. A sup can force you to work AUO, the circumstances just have to be "administratively uncontrollable". That means that a sup can't schedule you ahead of time to work AUO, but if a situation occurs that is out of the sups control then they can make you work it as long as the work you are doing meets the legal definition of AUO. For example, if you caught a 1324 case, the sup can make you stay and finish on AUO. There are lots of other situations where you can be required to work AUO, the key is that it must be "administratively uncontrollable". Sorry to nit pick, but this is a common misconception that I hear.

The rest of your post is spot on though.

Comment

• With all the people waiting for "the call", does anyone have an idea of what the process will be for these new openings?

I remember some time back people were getting pushed through in 4 to 6 months. I imagine this won't be the case with the amount of people in limbo. Or is the plan to rush applicants through if the budget gets passed?

Comment

• This opening is expected to fill vacancies in 2011-2012. There are thousands of applicants in TSU right now for SB. They will be hired first. Don't expect to get a call from this announcement for atleast a year to two years if you have not completed any of the steps and are starting from scratch. You have to remember all the NB applicants who have completed every step and switched from NB to SB with this announcement also.
                    Last edited by PL07; 07-31-2010, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• I've heard the turnover for this job is pretty high. Let me ask current BPA's, is the turnover pretty bad? Is the issue of location the biggest problem, or is it the work schedule, and work demands?
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                        I've heard the turnover for this job is pretty high. Let me ask current BPA's, is the turnover pretty bad? Is the issue of location the biggest problem, or is it the work schedule, and work demands?
                        The turnover is high due to the locations that BPA's work in. Some are in small towns no where near civilization down on the Southern Border. Many families can not handle it and eventually the BPA switches to another agency for a better location. On the Northern Border, the turnover is not as high because most of the stations are not in the middle of nowhere. Location is definitely the biggest cause for the high turnover over the work schedule and demands.

Comment

• Along with the high turnover rate of BPA's, most trainees either do not pass the PFT2, cannot pass the academy, get fired while on probation, or realize that the job is not what they expected. All they were looking for was a high paying, federal job and knew nothing about the job itself. Stupid, I know...

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                            Along with the high turnover rate of BPA's, most trainees either do not pass the PFT2, cannot pass the academy, get fired while on probation, or realize that the job is not what they expected. All they were looking for was a high paying, federal job and knew nothing about the job itself. Stupid, I know...
                            Wow, that's pretty bad. Do you think high turnover, combined with the increased hiring needs, will equate to a person being hired in 2011 (even late 2011) if they apply for the current opening? I'm willing to wait if necessary, I'm already a fed, so no worries about the age limit.
                            What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Sorry to bog you down with questions, but lets say you are posted in a very small southern border location. How long until you can transfer to a bigger SWB location? I mean like moving to a larger metro area like El Paso, or Tucson?

Lets say you are located in the Tucson sector, but in a very small area that is far away from the city itself. How long before you can transfer to a station closer to the city within the same sector?
                              What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                                Being that San Diego Sector has stations along the border from the ocean to out in Campo and Boulevard, and two more in north county makes it fairly difficult to answer your question as far as what kind of work, the tempo, and where you should live. You can't apply for San Diego and San Diego only, you also need to think about living and working in Indio, Blythe, or somewhere near El Centro, maybe even in another state along the SW border..
                                So the work varies quite a bit. I'm more familiar with interior enforcement, so border is an unknown to me as an actual physical location. Debating putting in as I'm trying to get to California...other areas aren't a concern, I just won't accept the offer if its not in a location I want.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6402 users online. 348 members and 6054 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X