300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
    Unless things have changed, you cannot apply to specific sectors.
    Maybe we mean stations? On the online app we could choose one station that we would prefer to work at. Does that sound more correct?

Comment

• Just remember there are stations in the San Diego Sector that don't include working on the sunny beach. San Diego has an extensive mountain range to the east.

Comment

• FYI - each of you applied to work ANYWHERE along the southwest border. The current knee yerk reaction from DC is going to send many of you to AZ. Your geographic preference is that and only that, a preference.

Comment

• The number I heard was 90% of all applicants are going to texas and AZ

Comment

• Geographic Locations
            Applicants must be willing to accept placement anywhere along the Southwest border of the United States. However, you will be able to identify the one location where you would prefer to work. The four preferred worksite areas are South Texas, West Texas/New Mexico, California and Arizona. In order for your application to be processed, you must choose one geographic location where you would prefer to work.
            991 - South Texas (includes the Laredo Border Patrol Sector and the Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol Sector)
            992 - West Texas/New Mexico (includes the Del Rio Border Patrol Sector, El Paso Border Patrol
            Sector, and Marfa Border Patrol Sector)
            993 - California (includes the El Centro Border Patrol Sector and San Diego Border Patrol Sector)
            994 - Arizona (includes the Tucson Border Patrol Sector and Yuma Border Patrol Sector)

Comment

• I've also heard that most are going to Arizona, but rumors in the Border Patrol should be taken with an entire brick of salt. Just hope you don't get Yuma sector or you'll be bored to tears

Comment

• Being that most all details are currently to the Tucson sector, it stands to reason that most new hires will go there. I don't hear Tucson sector agents detailing to the SD sector, but vice versa? You betcha.
                FBI CI 1811:
                June 2007: Applied
                July 2007: Phase I
                October 2010: Phase II
                March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
                April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

Comment

• Which state, sector and or city would be best to pick from if you have a family of five, three kids, the wife and myself? I hear San Diego is the best but I'm sure like several posters have posted above, the rooks are going else where!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
                    Just remember there are stations in the San Diego Sector that don't include working on the sunny beach. San Diego has an extensive mountain range to the east.
                    Yep. It also goes as far north as riverside
                    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by lambda3472 View Post
                      Which state, sector and or city would be best to pick from if you have a family of five, three kids, the wife and myself? I hear San Diego is the best but I'm sure like several posters have posted above, the rooks are going else where!!!
                      Apparently you didn't read enough! The announcement is for the SOUTH WESTERN BORDER...............meaning that you will go where the Border Patrol needs you. So you cannot pick a Sector or city! You will either be in Arizona, Texas, or maybe Cali. Attention to detail is a huge part of this job. If you can't get it from the announcement, good luck in the academy and or the field!

Comment

• Been studying the artificial language practice test in book I was mailed. Is this about the same length as the real test? Did anyone here who studied the pamplet struggle with time on the test even though they thought they had a good grasp on the concepts? I think I will probably do well on this portion of the test if it is layed out the same. As for the comments above about the significants others reactions, I told my wife, she wasnt thrilled, but she knows I want to be in law enforcement and I need to do this now before its too late. Also I told her, I put my time in, there's always a possibility of transferring in the future.
                        Last edited by oscar100; 07-28-2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• genes81 from Texas, I wish you the best. Some people just need more love than others! :0)

Originally posted by genes81 View Post
                          Apparently you didn't read enough! The announcement is for the SOUTH WESTERN BORDER...............meaning that you will go where the Border Patrol needs you. So you cannot pick a Sector or city! You will either be in Arizona, Texas, or maybe Cali. Attention to detail is a huge part of this job. If you can't get it from the announcement, good luck in the academy and or the field!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                            I've also heard that most are going to Arizona, but rumors in the Border Patrol should be taken with an entire brick of salt. Just hope you don't get Yuma sector or you'll be bored to tears
                            Why is Yuma sector so bad?

Comment

• Originally posted by MN_Justice View Post
                              Why is Yuma sector so bad?
                              He didn't say it was bad, just that you'd be bored. This is why:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvZQn8UPEzc

Comment

• At this point, I could care less if it is in the middle of nowhere. All I need is high speed internet, a home gym, cable/satellite television, and a few places nearby to go fishing. Oh and wal-mart
                                What is Perseverance?
                                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12853 users online. 239 members and 12614 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X