Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
    My 2 cents regarding the "off duty"...

My wife and I were looking at apartments when 2 guys walked by us as I was getting our young son out of the car. They walked past us, then 1 of them turned around, and started yelling at me as we were walking away. After a few moments, realizing ignoring him wasn't working, I finally turned around, and he started accusing me of working as a "poe-lease" at an urban mall (I was a security police officer at a mall for 5 years while in college) and arresting him for whatever it was (I had arrested him for narcotics w/ intent to deliver and carrying a concealed weapon) while I was holding my young child in my arms standing there with my wife (I wasn't armed by the way-I have a CCW but left it at home). I looked at him dead in the eye and told him I had no idea who he was or what he was talking about and kept staring at him for a few moments. He mumbled something again and I simply stated that he had the wrong guy and I had never worked there. He said "yeah right" and turned around and they went on their way. (This is the clean version of what he said). Needless to say, we didn't move there, and I'm pretty sure I had to clean out my shorts when we got home.

Just having a gun on you will not always keep you safe - it's a tool of last resort - a deadly force RESPONSE to a deadly force ATTACK or THREAT - you need to use your brain and have confidence too. Although I'm not a LEO or a Federal LEO (yet), that's just my opinion. Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one.
    You're right, your not a LEO! But you got lucky and the guy decided to go on his way. You are also right about using your brain in situations like this. Thats why there is a use of force module that "LEO's" are taught to follow! Not every confrontation is going to require use of deadly force or anything for that matter. Officer presence works when used correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
      Hey I'm just curious but i know Border Patrol has grooming standards but do they accept for medical reasons (waivers)? My current federal LEO job does. Guys that are in/or been in the military know what I'm talking about.
      I can think of religious reasons. However, If you try to show up with a heavy 5'oclock shadow because of "medical reasons" then you will be............

Don't even bother.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
        I can think of religious reasons. However, If you try to show up with a heavy 5'oclock shadow because of "medical reasons" then you will be............

Don't even bother.
        No! not me ! not during interview or First day of training. I would bring it up during training.

Comment

• I reapplied under the new announcement because I was a northern border applicant. I was already in TSU for the NB so what type of paperwork should I expect to receive?

Comment

• Are the questions on the BPA test similar to the ones on the CBPO test (aside from the language aptitude test)?
            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• So... has anyone else had a problem with a significant other getting upset after you told them you applied for Border Patrol? Looking for advice to convice her that relocating won't be the end of the world (if I even get to that point). When I told her I applied.... she no likey... Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MN_Justice View Post
                So... has anyone else had a problem with a significant other getting upset after you told them you applied for Border Patrol? Looking for advice to convice her that relocating won't be the end of the world (if I even get to that point). When I told her I applied.... she no likey... Thanks.
                My wife wasnt happy either....I am currently in the ICE 1811 process so she is banking on that. I did tell her the only way I go BP is if I get San Diego area.....when and if that time comes, I may have to lie again
                ICE SA

Test: July 2009
                NOR: Sept 2009
                Interview: Nov 2009
                NOR: Dec 30, 2010
                TO: Jan 3, 2011
                Medical: Jan 14, 2011
                Drug Screen: Jan 26, 2011
                Cleared all Pre-Employment Checks Feb 23, 2011
                Met with BI: March 9, 2011
                BI Complete: April 26, 2011

Comment

• yeah ditto, san diego or bust

Comment

• Originally posted by MN_Justice View Post
                    So... has anyone else had a problem with a significant other getting upset after you told them you applied for Border Patrol? Looking for advice to convice her that relocating won't be the end of the world (if I even get to that point). When I told her I applied.... she no likey... Thanks.
                    justice is it your wife? If there are kids involved, or you are married I would say that they always come first. You are not married to your job, and your responsibility to your kids should be first. If this is your girlfirend and no kids in the picture...well there are always more girls on the SW border. Follow your dreams!

Im married and have in the just started the process with Border Patrol for San Diego. Luckily for me the wife is from SD. This is a way for me to kill two birds with one stone. Get a great job and get her back to Cali.
                    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Good luck with that as its pretty easy to tell where most of the new hires are going to go...

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
                        justice is it your wife? If there are kids involved, or you are married I would say that they always come first. You are not married to your job, and your responsibility to your kids should be first. If this is your girlfirend and no kids in the picture...well there are always more girls on the SW border. Follow your dreams!

Im married and have in the just started the process with Border Patrol for San Diego. Luckily for me the wife is from SD. This is a way for me to kill two birds with one stone. Get a great job and get her back to Cali.
                        I thought you don't know your location until you are hired?
                        Hoping to make the move from one capital to another

Comment

• Originally posted by GeauxForthTiger View Post
                          I thought you don't know your location until you are hired?
                          I applied to San Diego sector
                          Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
                            She's my girlfriend of almost 4 years. The way she freaked out it was like I had gone through the whole process already and gotten an offer of employment without telling her. I don't take the written exam until Aug. 25th! I'm tired of the situation in MN with the whole zero jobs deal and colleges pumping out LE students just to get money. I'm looking to go elsewhere and that's why I applied for Border Patrol. Maybe I shouldn't have told her I applied...

I applied to the San Diego/El Centro sector as well. I would work in Arizona too. Not sure about New Mexico/Texas though.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• you can apply to california. it stated the position is for san diego area when going through the application. whether that will happen?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3868 users online. 261 members and 3607 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X