X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't apply for San Diego Sector.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
      Well that's what happens when the President says "Here, take this $440 million and hire up a load more agents. Make it at least 6,000. Oh, and make it happen by the first quarter of FY 2009. Oh, and I'm not asking you," You're bound to see pretty quick movement. From what I can gather USSS hires anywhere between 100-200 SAs a year, with a fluctuation on election years.

USSS fluctuation up, or down? I heard the general "we usually hire 100 agents per year" when I first applied but I wasn't told what the specific # was for FY 2008. Anybody know?

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
        You can't apply for San Diego Sector.
        I can choose it as my geographical preference, which is what I was trying to indicate.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

I can choose it as my geographical preference, which is what I was trying to indicate.
          Which is what I was pointing out. You cannot choose San Diego, your choice was CA, AZ, W TX/NM, or S TX.

If you choose CA, you will likely be offered a station in San Diego or in El Centro.

Depending on what is available you may be offered a station in AZ or TX.

Comment

Which is what I was pointing out. You cannot choose San Diego, your choice was CA, AZ, W TX/NM, or S TX.

If you choose CA, you will likely be offered a station in San Diego or in El Centro.

Depending on what is available you may be offered a station in AZ or TX.
            Indeed, color me corrected.

Comment

Well while we are all posting the timelines, I'll post mine:

Applied: 3/19 for San Diego sector
              Exam/NOR: 4/29 (Compressed testing center)
              Fitness/Medical/Oral: 5/30
              Medical Clearance: 7/16 (Revoked two days later due to injury)
              Drug Test: 7/23
              BI: 7/25 (report was supposed to be submitted today for adjudication)

Basically now that I'm injured, I am NMC until I'm fully healed. It isn't a show stopper, but I have a good 1-2 months until I'll probably let the medical staffing unit know that I'm good to go.
              Had I been medically cleared on time, I'd probably be waiting on the hiring offer right now. Because I had to get more info, it stalled the process by 35 days-they didn't start the BI process until they cleared me medically (though they did the OB for some reason...)

I think everyone wants "San Diego Sector", but keep in mind that San Diego is the 8th biggest city in the US, so that could mean a sub-station that is still in the middle of nowhere.

BTW,
              San Diego is unusually cool this time of year! Low 70's all week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Shiherlis View Post
                Had I been medically cleared on time, I'd probably be waiting on the hiring offer right now. Because I had to get more info, it stalled the process by 35 days-they didn't start the BI process until they cleared me medically (though they did the OB for some reason...)
                They didn't wait on your BI, all the steps (after the written test) are seperate of one another.

San Diego is unusually cool this time of year! Low 70's all week.
                Maybe downtown, its been low to mid 90's for quite a while out in east county. For a while it was 100+...

Comment

• I'm near the Otay Mountain Range and it's been in the mid-80's. Rather annoying

Comment

They didn't wait on your BI, all the steps (after the written test) are seperate of one another.
                    I can confirm this, as once they revoked my medical clearance, the drug test and BI started a few days after. It doesn't necessarily go in succession, it seems that they are just trying to complete their side of the application as fast as possible.

Maybe downtown, its been low to mid 90's for quite a while out in east county. For a while it was 100+...
                    Up here in Sacramento it's been like this all summer. This weekend we've caught a break and have seen low 90's, but it should hit high 90's/low 100s once the week starts again. I'm not looking forward to this since I have to work on my car. Then again, east county in the weather you described doesn't sound too fun, once you add in the extra % humidity you guys probably see. I'm lucky to say that Sacramento's heat is mostly dry.

Comment

• I have been kicking around the idea of applying with BP for awhile. Im already in a covered position with the G and not crazy about going back to FLETC, but oh well. Im really only interested in 3 stations located in West Texas. I really have nothing to lose by applying and seeing what they offer. If they dont offer the stations I wish, ill just turn it down. I know some of you are saying that's selfish and not to waste their time, but it's worth a shot to get the city I want.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXICE View Post
                        I have been kicking around the idea of applying with BP for awhile. Im already in a covered position with the G and not crazy about going back to FLETC, but oh well. Im really only interested in 3 stations located in West Texas. I really have nothing to lose by applying and seeing what they offer. If they dont offer the stations I wish, ill just turn it down. I know some of you are saying that's selfish and not to waste their time, but it's worth a shot to get the city I want.

I surely can't speak for them but I'm guessing that you'd have no problem getting West Texas. It sounds like a lot of people are interested in SD, I wouldn't go there if it were a condition of accepting the job. West Texas is rather desolate for my tastes so that's out for me as well. Southern TX is too hurricane prone for me, so I'm left to pick AZ, where there are some decent sized towns close to the border and you still retain your rights as an American (unlike CA). So,long story short: I doubt there's a lot of competition for those W/TX slots. Not to say that getting the geo pref is competitive, but I think they'd be happy tosee someone actually requesting that area. Best luck and God bless.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWU View Post
                          So,long story short: I doubt there's a lot of competition for those W/TX slots. Not to say that getting the geo pref is competitive, but I think they'd be happy tosee someone actually requesting that area. Best luck and God bless.
                          Negative. Texans seem to rather fond of Texas, especially around El Paso.

Comment

Negative. Texans seem to rather fond of Texas, especially around El Paso.

I am a Native Texan originaly from Ft. Worth, and I am dying to get back home. When I applied I put in for W. Texas. If I am lucky to get a spot in Texas it doesn't matter where it is. Every where in Texas is home.

Comment

• Originally posted by phillystactical View Post
                              A private investigator w/ 1 yr. work experience (insurance claims) and who can demonstrate his skills, knowledge and ability for the GL-09grade, in addition to his advanced degree has a great possibility to get a GL-09. It does not necessarily have to LE experience. It is easy, but not impossible
                              I think I can interject here and clarify. I just finished my SF86 and all accompanying paperwork and on the grade determination sheet it says "There is only one way to qualify for the GL-9 grade level, that is, specialized experience". There are 8 specific elements you must describe/document and the..."hiring center determines what meets the specialized experience requirement".

Comment

• Originally posted by MNCop2b View Post
                                I think I can interject here and clarify. I just finished my SF86 and all accompanying paperwork and on the grade determination sheet it says "There is only one way to qualify for the GL-9 grade level, that is, specialized experience". There are 8 specific elements you must describe/document and the..."hiring center determines what meets the specialized experience requirement".
                                Also known as KSA's. It is not up to us, it is up to MHC to make you eligible and they base that on your description & documentation for each element. From that they decide. One other advice, you might not want to interject at the BPA. Good luck.
                                There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8612 users online. 376 members and 8236 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X