300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brandonthelaw View Post
    I have to share the news. I just accepted employment with the Border Patrol and will be heading to the academy next month.
    Congrats. 7 months aint bad. Watch out for the chicken wire.
    Standing by to stand by

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Last edited by brandonthelaw; 02-15-2009, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brandonthelaw View Post
        Thanks ya'll. I'll keep you posted during the training. I've done alot of reading on honorfirst.com, which has been very helpful.

Don't be doing no crazy dumm stuff. One other thing, just play the game for the next six months in Artesia and the resit 1 1/2 at the station. Good luck!
        There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

I took the BPA test the other day - Man, that what was the easiest ever. I finished one section 1:15 hr earlier and was allowed to leave and come back when time was up. I went to the mall shopping, got luch, looked around, made some calls and then came back for more.

No disrespect to anyone in the BPA but I noticed a whole lot of people taking the test looked like they had never worked out in their life. Does the BPA hire anyone ?

BPA
          test: 04/08
          Results: Passed - 04/08
          COE Received - 05/08
          Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
          Panel: 07/08: Passed
          BI: ?..
          CBPO
          test: 03/08
          COE Received: 06/08
          Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
          VBT: Passed 07/08
          BI: ???
          FBI
          Phase I: 05/08
          Results: Passed 05/08
          Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
          Language test (o): Passed 07/08
          Panel: 10/08: ???
          PFT: 11/08: ???
          USSS
          TEA test: 08/07
          Panel: 02/08

Comment

remember they still have to do the medical and physical test. you just took the initial test. you all still have the interview, backgrounds, med,physical.

Comment

we had a requiter in our class here yesterday, and the only part that discourages some in our class including myself from applying is the fact that you have to be proficient in Spanish, they make lots of money compared to what LE gets paid here, and up here on the norther border by ND they really don't do to much, mostly drive around and sleep in there Ford explorers.
              "What the problem is?"

Comment

Anyone know what the minimum time from last Marijuana use that is acceptable for BP? Is there a "set" time limit for auto DQ? I was dumb and was at a concert and down the row came a MJ joint. I took a brief puff and then passed it along. I do not have an extensive drug history, tried MJ perhaps 6 times in my life and that's my drug history. I'm 38. know most agencies are around 3 years from last use. Was wondering if anyone here knew if BP had a set time.

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Swan View Post
                  we had a requiter in our class here yesterday, and the only part that discourages some in our class including myself from applying is the fact that you have to be proficient in Spanish, they make lots of money compared to what LE gets paid here, and up here on the norther border by ND they really don't do to much, mostly drive around and sleep in there Ford explorers.
                  yes you have to learn spanish in the academy, and, from what my BP friend told me, is you have some spanish oral board during your 6 and 10 month probationary period. I'm not too positive if it's 6 and 10. he told me if you fail you're fired. and i'm pretty positive you won't be going up north when you start off. i think it's CA, AZ, NM, and TX, unless things have changed

Comment

Originally posted by ask80 View Post
                    yes you have to learn spanish in the academy, and, from what my BP friend told me, is you have some spanish oral board during your 6 and 10 month probationary period. I'm not too positive if it's 6 and 10. he told me if you fail you're fired. and i'm pretty positive you won't be going up north when you start off. i think it's CA, AZ, NM, and TX, unless things have changed

ask, They have eliminated the 6 and 10 month probationary exams. Now for two years interns are in the FTU. I recommend BP, especially if you’re looking to get your foot in the "G" door. Not too mention, the pay is good. Cons: getting stuck in a crappy border town. Thank God that wasn't my case.

As for the forum above, those who do not come in shape have a hard time making it. PT is one of the most rigorous. It will flush out those who come in struggling. When I went through, 12 left due to PT. four for Imm. Law and six for Spanish. I’ve heard now, they will work with more. That is to an extent of course.
                    There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

Can a Border Patrol Agent transfer to a Police department, and if so in what States?
                      Last edited by PPD668; 04-23-2008, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Has anybody read the agent memorial on honorfirsts website?.... Most (if not all) of the casualties were in the Southern border (CA) and some in TX since 1974.

Are those the places I want to avoid?.... If so, I'll be darned! because So Cal is where I am intended to go (san diego or el centro sector) - looking for warmer weather and variaty of things to do.

Like someone here said b4, I would like to return home with the same holes I started the work day.

BPA
                        test: 04/08
                        COE Received - 05/08
                        Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                        Panel: 07/08: Passed
                        BI: ?..
                        CBPO
                        test: 03/08
                        COE Received: 06/08
                        Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                        VBT: Passed 07/08
                        BI: ???
                        FBI
                        Phase I: 05/08
                        Results: Passed 05/08
                        Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                        Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                        Panel: 10/08: ???
                        PFT: 11/08: ???
                        USSS
                        TEA test: 08/07
                        Panel: 02/08

Comment

Originally posted by Red Swan View Post
                          It depends how bad you want it. I've seen alot of BPA's that are not hispanic.

Can anyone give me a list of the information I will need once I can get on e-qip. Is there anything info that I may need that may take a while to get?

I have a filled out 24 page background history packet for a local P.D. Will most of it be sorta the same?

Comment

New BPAs do not spend 2 years in the FTU. Its a 3 or 5 month academy (depending on your spanish skill), 14 weeks in the FTU, then some time riding around with a journeyman agent (the length of this time depends on the station and isn't set in stone). Your probationary period is 2 years.

The BP Academy is very demanding and tends to weed out the lazy pretty fast.

If you dont know spanish dont sweat it. They have a very good spanish program that is done AFTER the basic academy, so you dont have to balance studying law and spanish at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                              If you like to get sweaty and dirty, run around in the dark, and get paid to off-road... you will truly enjoy being a BPA.
                              couldn't have described it any better myself

Comment

Can anyone enlighten me further about FLETC for BPAs?

Thanks
                                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                                that we are all that stands between
                                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5754 users online. 252 members and 5502 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X