300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnnylawman38 View Post
    I applied today and on my admission notice it stated: for those of you registered to take the test at a Compressed Testing Location plan on spendng the entire day there to include receiving test results, orientation, forms to complete, and schedule an oral interview.

I didn't see any where in the NEW annoucements of these "Compressed Testing Locations" Anyone else see this....maybe I missed it.
    Yeah mine said the same thing but did not tell me as well whether it was a compression test or not? So how do we figure it out? I guess Ill call?

Comment

• @Cman21 I was slightly above the allowed blood pressure when I went to my medical. I was told to have it checked by my doctor and if I could show it was just an isolated incident, I'd be golden. Proved not to be and my doctor refused to sign off on it. All taken care of now.

Comment

• There are no compressed testing sites with this SB vacancy.

Comment

• Hey guys,

This question is for those of you who are actual BP Agents or have an insight of the job.
          I was wondering what the work schedule is like for a rookie agent once they are out of the academy? Basically, is their time for family, such as days off during the week? When one is on their off time, can they leave the area they work at? Are your days off scheduled together or separate days throughout the week? I ask because my girlfriend and child live in D.C. My girlfriend works for the government and can easily be transferred to Dallas and maintain a very well paying job while I pursue a job with BP. I understand I will not be working out of Dallas but Dallas is much closer to South Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. I also understand that each scenario is different but I just want to know if anyone has lived or know someone who has lived this life style.

Thanks….

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
            Hey guys,

This question is for those of you who are actual BP Agents or have an insight of the job.
            I was wondering what the work schedule is like for a rookie agent once they are out of the academy? Basically, is their time for family, such as days off during the week? When one is on their off time, can they leave the area they work at? Are your days off scheduled together or separate days throughout the week? I ask because my girlfriend and child live in D.C. My girlfriend works for the government and can easily be transferred to Dallas and maintain a very well paying job while I pursue a job with BP. I understand I will not be working out of Dallas but Dallas is much closer to South Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. I also understand that each scenario is different but I just want to know if anyone has lived or know someone who has lived this life style.

Thanks….
            Your days off will most likely be during the week. You probably won't see weekends off for a long time if ever. You can do what you please on your off time and yes your days off will be consecutive.

Comment

• With a maximum GS-12 step 10 journeyman ($89,450 RUS), I could certainly retire from this job
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                With a maximum GS-12 step 10 journeyman ($89,450 RUS), I could certainly retire from this job
                and don't for get to add the 25% for AUO. I could definitely retire too!

Comment

• BP is on AUO, which actually pays a little more. GL are on the GS salary table after GS10 (or 9), b/c there is no pay difference. Vest is issued, highly recommend to wear. I wore mine in AZ everyday.

Comment

• Have any of those that were waiting for the northern border and reapplied for the new announcement heard anything yet?

Comment

• I thought BP received AUO. It didn't state in the new announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by FedUp13 View Post
                        Your days off will most likely be during the week. You probably won't see weekends off for a long time if ever. You can do what you please on your off time and yes your days off will be consecutive.
                        Not entirely true. While you are on the FTO program, days off are usually Sat, Sun. Once you hit the line you can pretty much forget about getting weekends off. Also, days off are not always consecutive. This will probably vary from station to station but thats how it was at my Station.

Comment

• that doesn't include locality pay either.

Comment

• Originally posted by genes81 View Post
                            Not entirely true. While you are on the FTO program, days off are usually Sat, Sun. Once you hit the line you can pretty much forget about getting weekends off. Also, days off are not always consecutive. This will probably vary from station to station but thats how it was at my Station.
                            Do most stations work 8's 10's or 12's ?

Comment

• Originally posted by lauderdalehawk4 View Post
                              Do most stations work 8's 10's or 12's ?
                              Well if you want to get paid that nice 25% extra you will work 10 hour days!

Comment

• GS is the standard payscale for many employees.
                                GL is the payscale for certain federal law enforcement employees. It was created in 2006. Before for that there was a tag-on to the GS scale called the "LEO special base rate" which was essentially the same deal. It is a higher salary scale then GS.

The GL scale exists only in grades 3 through 10. There are no GL-11 or higher positions. All GL employees who promote into a GS-11 or higher position leave the GL scale and enter the GS scale.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2922 users online. 197 members and 2725 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X