300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They get Auo.
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• @johnnylawman No BPAs do not wear bullet proof vests. They do however wear bullet resistant body armor. lol. While you're in the Academy you will be fitted for a vest. Depending on your sector and station guidelines you may or may not have to wear it all the time but I believe it is required to be with you.

@mil_intel_sgt The actual hiring process moved really fast for me. I applied in May, rescheduled my test twice so I ended up taking the test in August (STUPID MISTAKE ON MY PART), within like 5 weeks of taking my test I was in the BI phase. Had my interview, urinalysis, medical/PFT, and all that in less than a month. My gf at the time got so annoyed of FedEx showing up on what seemed like a daily basis because it was always something new and if FedEx wasn't there, I was getting some sort of call from MHC or BP. Now this was in 2008 and things have slowed to a snail pace in the interim. However now, if my reading through the announcement and the phrasing of the questions has given me any info, they are planning on getting people through ASAP. If it goes fast, I'm happy because the sooner I can get to FLETC and onto the real job. If it takes it's time, it's no loss, it's time to prepare. Good luck with ICE and USBP. I hope one picks you up soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnylawman38 View Post
        Without going through 118 pages of posts can someone help me with a few questions........do Border Patrol Agents get LEAP or AUO?
        25% AUO.

Also I see promotion potential is GS-11. Why does the pay grade change from GL to GS? What is GS-11 pay?
        The pay tables are on OPM.gov. Journeyman level is going to go up to GS-12, that should happen at the beginning of teh next fiscal year, as teh upgrades were funded in the budget.

Do Border Patrol agents have to go through polygraphs now, I thought I read that somewhere?
        It used to be that they only polygraphed some applicants, but it appears lately they have been polygraphing everybody. Who knows if they will continue to do so for everybody through the upcoming hiring push.

Also, I am currently in the process for ICE 1811....I am worried that if this BP process moves fast, I may be in FLETC when ICE 1811 comes calling for an interview. Would I be able to leave FLETC for a day for an interview.....I'm thinking no but thought I would ask.

Thanks.
        Highly doubtful, I don't think they will let you leave teh academy to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnylawman38 View Post
          Forgot to ask too.....do BP wear bullet proof vests when they are running around the desert? Is a vest part of the uniform or optional?
          Yes they give you body armor. Yes, it is highly advisable to wear it, even if you are pushing a group on foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Backpacking View Post
            Looking at these forums for a while. Joined yesterday. I have a written test for Border Partol Agent on the 18th next month. Also had a few questions my self if an agent would be so kind as to pm as well.

One question for anyone. Should I have a hair cut for my test date? My hair is pretty long right now.
            If they are doing compressed testing (which I heard they might do) where they give you your oral hiring board right after you take the test, then you had better go in there with a professional appearance.
            Last edited by BigPat; 07-17-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
              Yes they give you body armor. Yes, it is highly advisable to wear it, even if you are pushing a group on foot.
              Highly advisable or required by policy? Just curious.....I would wear mine but I want to know if its absolutley mandatory that they are worn at all times. I would think for some assignments you wouldnt have to wear it but maybe Im wrong.
              ICE SA

Test: July 2009
              NOR: Sept 2009
              Interview: Nov 2009
              NOR: Dec 30, 2010
              TO: Jan 3, 2011
              Medical: Jan 14, 2011
              Drug Screen: Jan 26, 2011
              Cleared all Pre-Employment Checks Feb 23, 2011
              Met with BI: March 9, 2011
              BI Complete: April 26, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                If they are doing compressed testing (which I heard they might do) where they give you your oral hiring board right after you take the test, then you had better go in there with a professional appearance.
                I applied today and on my admission notice it stated: for those of you registered to take the test at a Compressed Testing Location plan on spendng the entire day there to include receiving test results, orientation, forms to complete, and schedule an oral interview.

I didn't see any where in the NEW annoucements of these "Compressed Testing Locations" Anyone else see this....maybe I missed it.
                ICE SA

Comment

• There is no reason not to look sharp. You never know who you will run into.

However, I wouldn't freak out too much about the expedited process. If you are part of the compressed testing they'll let you know.

You wont be able to leave the academy. I would discuss your predicament with the SA handling your ICE application. Sometimes people get "butt hurt" if you are applying to somewhere else, but generally they understand that you have to have a safety net and will work with you.
                  Last edited by o2force; 07-17-2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• During your first 2 years you are required to wear it every day. After, it is just mandatory to have it in your possession while at work.

Some times you are allowed to not wear body armor, such as certain plain clothes operations, and sometimes you are required to wear it like during high risk entries (i.e. SRT ops)

Comment

• SHU, BigPat, or any other BPA

I read in the hiring announcement about:

Accelerated Promotion Plan - The Border Patrol Agent position has an accelerated promotion plan. Individuals hired at the GL-5 level are eligible for promotion to the GL-7, and individuals hired at the GL-7 are eligible for promotion to GL-9 after six months of satisfactory performance.
                      Is this common? Is it hard to get? It would certainly be nice. Also can you get QSIs for good performance?

Also I believe one of you started at the BOP and moved over to border patrol. Do you believe that helped in the hiring process? Was your security clearance at the BOP able to get you through backgrounds any faster?
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• It's always been like that. You get your first promotion at 6 months, provided you graduate the academy. I.e., not get hurt and on light duty.

Your second promotion is 1 year after the first.

Comment

• Does anyone have a link for the entry-level study guide. The link on the website is not working and no luck with google.
                          ICE SA

Comment

• if you applied online they will email you a sample booklet and a CD. I got mine today on the mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
                              @johnnylawman No BPAs do not wear bullet proof vests. They do however wear bullet resistant body armor. lol. While you're in the Academy you will be fitted for a vest. Depending on your sector and station guidelines you may or may not have to wear it all the time but I believe it is required to be with you.

@mil_intel_sgt The actual hiring process moved really fast for me. I applied in May, rescheduled my test twice so I ended up taking the test in August (STUPID MISTAKE ON MY PART), within like 5 weeks of taking my test I was in the BI phase. Had my interview, urinalysis, medical/PFT, and all that in less than a month. My gf at the time got so annoyed of FedEx showing up on what seemed like a daily basis because it was always something new and if FedEx wasn't there, I was getting some sort of call from MHC or BP. Now this was in 2008 and things have slowed to a snail pace in the interim. However now, if my reading through the announcement and the phrasing of the questions has given me any info, they are planning on getting people through ASAP. If it goes fast, I'm happy because the sooner I can get to FLETC and onto the real job. If it takes it's time, it's no loss, it's time to prepare. Good luck with ICE and USBP. I hope one picks you up soon.
                              So what happened the first time you applied that makes you have to apply again? Did you withdraw your application when you applied in 2008?

Comment

• I tested at a compressed testing site in March of 2009. I passed the oral interview 3 weeks later. B.I. took about three months and I have been in TSU since Dec. 2009. Everybody from here on out is going to be polygraphed. If you are dead set on becoming a LEO, you might as well apply for as many agencies as possible. From what I have heard and read, BP's polygraph is knocking out about 60%. 60%, however, does sound ridiculously high. And if you fail a poly for BP, good luck getting a shot at any other FED agencies. I am giving up on waiting for BP. I have accepted a CO position for CDCR, and will be attending the Academy later this month.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5843 users online. 275 members and 5568 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X