Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm getting the same message that i used to get when i applied like 2 years+ ago..

We are unable to process your registration at this time (7/15/2010 3:47:13 AM) due to technical difficulties with the Border Patrol Agent Web system. Please try your back button again and resubmit again. If you continue to receive this error notification message, please print this as proof of your attempted registration and contact DHS. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your interest in employment with the Department of Homeland Security.

anyone have advice? should i try calling MHC?

Comment

• Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
      I have a question i graduate on 8 13 10, the event takes place at 7 am right? by what time can i leave that day??
      For me the following day after graduation was the approved travel day, that means you can leave at 0000 hours. However, you can go off base and "stay" (AKA leave) in Artesia. How is the Wal-Mart? I miss that place!

For all the new applicants, good luck. I've been out of the academy since the start of February, and I've had a blast. This truly is a great job. Words of advice, do all that you can to learn all you can at the academy. Most of it is going to go the way of the Dodo when you get to your station, but you will be expected to know what you've been taught. The fact is that a lot of the newer agents haven't exactly impressed the senior guys lately, so try not to be one of those guys. Take it from me, you are going to be 10-7 in their eyes at first, but the more you retain from the academy, the quicker you can become 10-7 1/2.....you'll never be 10-8!

Comment

• Last time I had applied I was trying to go to San Diego and was so pumped to go so it's hard to not try for that again. Besides, I may want something leisurely to do in my off-duty time. I always wanted to take up surfing, and with surfing of course is the Socal beaches, and let us not forget las chicas de California. I'll take a posting to any middle of nowhere station where the most exciting thing that goes on is the occasional tumbleweed if it gets me into USBP and out of Southern Md. San Diego and Tucson Sectors were always my first choices though so if I get either of them I'll be ecstatic. If i get the middle of nowhere I'll still be jumping up and down because I want this job more than anything on the face of Earth.
        Last edited by BORSTARSDbuff; 07-15-2010, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evangellon View Post
          I would avoid the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia on principal and opt to work in the United States (AZ) instead. The Tucson Sector continues to lead the nation in arrests and seizures. Your resume will build much more significantly than anywhere else in the nation. Much less of your income will be siphoned off into welfare and attorney benefits to the illegal aliens you are trying to arrest and you'll find a state that, in general, supports you more.
          Nearly any station you work will build your resume. However, I suggest opting for a "line" station, as opposed to a checkpoint station. There are only two sectors in California and both get a pretty good amount of work. Ask any old agent and they will tell you that the traffic travels in waves. It started in San Diego and moved east. In time, with the addition of personnel and infrastructure, the traffic in AZ may change as well.

Can a Border Patrol Agent transfer to a Police department, and if so in what States?
          Like a lateral transfer? I wouldn't count on it, but nothing is absolute.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
            Nearly any station you work will build your resume. However, I suggest opting for a "line" station, as opposed to a checkpoint station.
            That depends. I know in Texas that some checkpoint stations like Falfurrias and Kingsville have much better work than some of the "line" stations. Also, in AZ, most of the stations have "line" as well as checkpoint, so they are more of a mixture.
            Last edited by BigPat; 07-16-2010, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• Any current BPA's that came from local law enforcement?

Can you drop me a pm I have a few questions.

Comment

• Looking at these forums for a while. Joined yesterday. I have a written test for Border Partol Agent on the 18th next month. Also had a few questions my self if an agent would be so kind as to pm as well.

One question for anyone. Should I have a hair cut for my test date? My hair is pretty long right now.

Comment

• no wear shorts and flip-flops as there will be no one from Border Patrol there.

Comment

• You will be in a large room with about 30 people with a person who is just paid to read the instructions and watches you take the test. They have no clue about the process at all.

Comment

• I'd dress comfortable but dress decent. It's a long morning but you might as well get used to the habit of dressing well for this process.

Comment

• Without going through 118 pages of posts can someone help me with a few questions........do Border Patrol Agents get LEAP or AUO? Also I see promotion potential is GS-11. Why does the pay grade change from GL to GS? What is GS-11 pay? Do Border Patrol agents have to go through polygraphs now, I thought I read that somewhere?

Also, I am currently in the process for ICE 1811....I am worried that if this BP process moves fast, I may be in FLETC when ICE 1811 comes calling for an interview. Would I be able to leave FLETC for a day for an interview.....I'm thinking no but thought I would ask.

Thanks.
                        ICE SA

Test: July 2009
                        NOR: Sept 2009
                        Interview: Nov 2009
                        NOR: Dec 30, 2010
                        TO: Jan 3, 2011
                        Medical: Jan 14, 2011
                        Drug Screen: Jan 26, 2011
                        Cleared all Pre-Employment Checks Feb 23, 2011
                        Met with BI: March 9, 2011
                        BI Complete: April 26, 2011

Comment

• Forgot to ask too.....do BP wear bullet proof vests when they are running around the desert? Is a vest part of the uniform or optional?
                          ICE SA

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnylawman38 View Post
                            Without going through 118 pages of posts can someone help me with a few questions........do Border Patrol Agents get LEAP or AUO? Also I see promotion potential is GS-11. Why does the pay grade change from GL to GS? What is GS-11 pay? Do Border Patrol agents have to go through polygraphs now, I thought I read that somewhere?

Also, I am currently in the process for ICE 1811....I am worried that if this BP process moves fast, I may be in FLETC when ICE 1811 comes calling for an interview. Would I be able to leave FLETC for a day for an interview.....I'm thinking no but thought I would ask.

Thanks.
                            I finished the border patrol process and I am also in the ICE 1811 process. Past practices showed me that the border patrol process does not move fast at all. I have been in TSU for the USBP for a couple months and I will still more than likely get offered by ICE before them (got ICE T.O. couple weeks back). I sincerely doubt you will be in FLETC for the patrol before you get an interview for ICE unless you scored in the low 70's. There are waiting to be hired by the border patrol that test YEARS ago!

Where are you in the ICE process? I know the 85-89 testers are being scheduled now for interviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
                              I finished the border patrol process and I am also in the ICE 1811 process. Past practices showed me that the border patrol process does not move fast at all. I have been in TSU for the USBP for a couple months and I will still more than likely get offered by ICE before them (got ICE T.O. couple weeks back). I sincerely doubt you will be in FLETC for the patrol before you get an interview for ICE unless you scored in the low 70's. There are waiting to be hired by the border patrol that test YEARS ago!

Where are you in the ICE process? I know the 85-89 testers are being scheduled now for interviews.
                              Im in the next group....scored an 82. You know answers to my other questions?
                              ICE SA

Comment

• no wear shorts and flip-flops as there will be no one from Border Patrol there.
                                Really sunglasses too?!

ha ha. Alright thanks guys

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12693 users online. 467 members and 12226 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X