• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
    This is what a quick search found:

1.5 Mile Run: 12:00
    Pushups: 40
    Situps: 60 (No time specified in article for pushups or situps)
    Benchpress 85% of bodyweight.
    There's also a mention of a 6 man team having to carry a stretcher 5 miles on rough terrain.

Can you confirm or deny this information as accurate?
    It is kind of like the difficult military schools... they smoke the **** out of you before you even do the tests. I have seen some people that were in very good shape fail out of Borstar... if you are training for that, focus on cardio, not weight lifting....

Comment

• Got a question. I am a NB applicant so I've resigned to the fact that I may have a couple years wait until I get the call. I got a TO from the BP at the GL-5 rate. If I take a job with the BOP and am there long enough to get promoted to GL-6 and then the BP calls me would I go back down to a GL-5 in order to take the job? Or will the BP give me a GL-7 slot?

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Thanks SHU, thats good to know. Do you think I'd make it to a 7 step 3 in just a couple years or were you just using that as an example?
          Last edited by mil_intel_sgt; 06-21-2010, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Thanks BigPat. Luckily for me I have however much time it is until the next hiring announcement, plus the amount of time to get to Artesia, then plus 2 or so years to get through the intern program and probation. Plenty of time to prepare. I'm fortunate.

Comment

• Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
              Thanks SHU, thats good to know. Do you think I'd make it to a 7 step 3 in just a couple years or were you just using that as an example?
              If you start as a GL-5 with BOP, after a year you will be a GL-6 step 2, and after a second year you will be a GL-7 step 3.

Also for those that are waiting, I saw that BLM has an FCIP announcement open for law enforcement officers (1801).
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                For a while it took 5+ years to get a transfer there.

In the past ~4 years, anybody who had 2 years in could get a transfer up north, because they needed the numbers, and many people were stuck upside down on houses in the southern border areas and couldn't move.

Then they started the northern border intern program. That changed everything. Most of the northern border stations are full now. The only way people are getting up there right now is by promoting up there as supervisors. If you really want to go to the northern border, apply for a NB announcement. Since hiring there is attrition only, it may be a while if you even get hired. If you choose to apply to the southern border, you need to realize that you are not going up north anytime soon. If that idea is not something that you can deal with, then I suggest not even bothering to apply.
                I wasn't really planning to apply. I'm colorblind anyway.

Comment

• FYI -

Obama is asking for 600 M for new border protection missions

Comment

• That's about the smartest thing I've heard about him doing in a while. Maybe there is potential.

Comment

• Here's an article I found about it. Basically saying they will bring on 1000 new agents as well as roughly 150-200 ICE agents. Should be interesting to see how it pans out.
                      http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun...atrol-20100623

Comment

• When they say they want Ice "agents" do they mean ERO or HSI?
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• It didn't specify. Most newspapers are probably not going to differentiate.

Comment

• Any new word...it's been quiet on here for over a week?

Comment

• There should be a new announcement posted for the BPA(intern) position this month.

Comment

• Omg that is the greatest news ever!!!!!!
                                Last edited by BORSTARSDbuff; 07-05-2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8992 users online. 306 members and 8686 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X