Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys. When I saw that I was scratching my head thinking "What the...(insert expletive here)." Now back to hiring. I just got the email from TSA today saying I passed my minimum quals for a TSO position and now its on to taking the test. Not glamorous in the least but it's Federal and it pays and it's something to do until BP begins applications again.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• I'm curious as to whether or not they're going to re-open the application process or just hire the people who are already in the process and waiting. I hear there is still a decent number who've completed the process and are just waiting.

Comment

• God bless Arizona...you know my fingers and toes are all crossed. That's the best news I've heard in a while. If you hear any new info please pass it along.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
            In muster today the afos stated the academy is in need of detailers. It looks like they will bump up hiring a bit later this year. You all have the gov of arizona to thank.
            I have also heard rumors from sector that hiring is going to pick up a bit... not to the level of the big hiring push, but it will definitely be more than they are hiring right now... that is all just unconfirmed rumors of course. I have heard nothing about whether or not there will be a new hiring announcement.

Comment

• From my understanding, not only is Arizona making a big push on immigration, but I read recently that Arnold is begging for more CBP presence on his piece of the border. Article is below. Maybe, if enough pressure is put on the powers 45 miles Northwest of where I sit now...ahem 1600 Pennsylvania Ave....ahem...maybe those of us hoping to serve will get our chance...or second chance in my case, a little sooner.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...patrol-agents/

Comment

• Yeah, I've heard some rumors as well... I've heard of some people starting to get scheduled to report back to the Academy to instruct. I've also heard that there might still be a lot of people in the pipeline from the big hiring push. That's about all I've heard though.

Comment

• Hopefully this means people with 09 TO's can get in, by the end of the fiscal year.

Comment

• Well today I did two things that'll hopefully help for when I go to be hired. I joined a legit gym and had a session with a personal trainer. I gave her the information on both PFTs and she is designing a workout program to best maximize my chances on both of them. I also am applying to work part time at a reputable Mexican restaurant so I can be around native speakers and start practicing the language.

Comment

• Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
                      Well today I did two things that'll hopefully help for when I go to be hired. I joined a legit gym and had a session with a personal trainer. I gave her the information on both PFTs and she is designing a workout program to best maximize my chances on both of them. I also am applying to work part time at a reputable Mexican restaurant so I can be around native speakers and start practicing the language.
                      If your goal is to truly become BORSTAR, then I would get your trainer to develop a workout program towards that goal. If you have trouble passing either PFT then you are a long, long way from your goal. A friend of mine showed me videos of BORSTAR tryouts in San Diego and it reminded me of what I've seen of SEAL training and selection.

Remember this when you research and locate the physical requirements for BORSTAR. Those are the minimums. That's just to get in the tryout. You'll need a great deal more to persevere through the hardships that you will be put through. Personally, I would strive to be able to triple those requirements, just as a starting point. If you can reach that goal, then the PFT will be like a refreshing nap for you.

Good luck and stay safe.

Comment

• This is what a quick search found:

1.5 Mile Run: 12:00
                        Pushups: 40
                        Situps: 60 (No time specified in article for pushups or situps)
                        Benchpress 85% of bodyweight.
                        There's also a mention of a 6 man team having to carry a stretcher 5 miles on rough terrain.

Can you confirm or deny this information as accurate?

Comment

• There PFT requirements don't seem all that hard, but the catch is you won't be taking that PFT when you're fresh...

Comment

• How much time do you have to put in on the southern border before you get to move to the scenic Canadian border?

Comment

• Don't hold me to this but I think you have to finish up your first couple of years. Every once in a very blue moon you'll see an announcement for the Northern Border but that is RARE.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                                How much time do you have to put in on the southern border before you get to move to the scenic Canadian border?
                                For a while it took 5+ years to get a transfer there.

In the past ~4 years, anybody who had 2 years in could get a transfer up north, because they needed the numbers, and many people were stuck upside down on houses in the southern border areas and couldn't move.

Then they started the northern border intern program. That changed everything. Most of the northern border stations are full now. The only way people are getting up there right now is by promoting up there as supervisors. If you really want to go to the northern border, apply for a NB announcement. Since hiring there is attrition only, it may be a while if you even get hired. If you choose to apply to the southern border, you need to realize that you are not going up north anytime soon. If that idea is not something that you can deal with, then I suggest not even bothering to apply.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16601 users online. 455 members and 16146 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X