300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lugonatron View Post
    Hello, I just completed the medical update form last week. Just wondering for those who have received the call, how long after you updated your medical did you guys get an offer?
    I also completed my medical update form last week. I spoke with MHC last month and they stated that they were not updating any lapsing clearances until those people were about to be called. However, they also told me to call back in November for an update on when I might be called. I would not look to far into the fact that the medical clearance update was sent out. I do find it interesting that I received mine since my medical was not due to lapse until the end of August 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
      hey guys i am about to start my 3 week at the academy, and its been difficult. I know it is going the get harder but i am ready to take on the challenge. Hopefully the border patrol will give the experience necessary to move on within or to another agency that will give me the chance to get back to my family in Miami in about 3 years. good luck for those starting this Wednesday and for those graduating July 1.
      As another poster already mentioned, expecting to be back to Florida in 3 years is completely unrealistic. Right now there is no more relocation program. Relocation opportunities come and go though, so I imagine that in a few years that there will be more.... the thing is, selection for relocations is mostly based upon seniority, the newer guys are only likely to get a hard to fill area, which Florida is not. You should not come in with the attitude of expecting a paid move within a few years. That expectation is not realistic. I am not trying to discourage you, but if you come in with that attitude you are going to be disappointed and unhappy.

Comment

• Also voluntary moves have been suspended, so there isn't much hope on that front either.

Just wanted to say to the current agents on the forum that I walked out of the admin office today with separation papers in hand. I'm moving on to other things, but Id like to thank current PAs on here that helped me out. Be safe and stay cool.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
          Also voluntary moves have been suspended, so there isn't much hope on that front either.

Just wanted to say to the current agents on the forum that I walked out of the admin office today with separation papers in hand. I'm moving on to other things, but Id like to thank current PAs on here that helped me out. Be safe and stay cool.
          What happened? How long have you been in the Patrol? Well good luck on whatever you do bro! Be safe!

Comment

• Took up a new job within federal law enforcement. Gonna miss it though.

Comment

• Nice man! What agency if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• I'll take your place man. Regardless of sector or station, I will GLADLY take your spot. All joking aside, good luck with your future endeavors man.

Comment

Took up a new job within federal law enforcement. Gonna miss it though.
                  Congrats sap123 on being picked up by DSS. That seems like it can be a very interesting job and I hope everything works out for you. I was wondering when you get hired by DSS do they tell you where your initial domestic and overseas posts will be, or do you just have to wait and see?

Comment

• Gotta wait until you hit training (so it's similar to going to DEA or FBI). I won't know until I'm a few weeks in. I do know that the first tour will be domestic.

Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
                    Congrats sap123 on being picked up by DSS. That seems like it can be a very interesting job and I hope everything works out for you. I was wondering when you get hired by DSS do they tell you where your initial domestic and overseas posts will be, or do you just have to wait and see?

Comment

• All I have to say is Opportunity, Means and Intent............BANG!

Comment

Also voluntary moves have been suspended, so there isn't much hope on that front either.

God speed.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Questions for some of the PAs on the board. I just recently watched Season 1 of Border Wars and during one episode, a pair of BORSTAR agents apprehend a group of illegals with the assistance of some Agents on 4-wheelers. All of the Agents on 4-wheelers were wearing the tan colored uniforms like BORSTAR but 2 of them appeared to be wearing the CBP Air and Marine patch (could possibly be a desert subdued CBP Field Operations patch I guess). Thier uniform also had the velcro covered pockets on the sleeves (basically an ACU cut) which if I'm not mistaken is used by Air and Marine as well. Are they Border Patrol or does Air and Marine do ground work with ATVs as well?

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
                                Questions for some of the PAs on the board. I just recently watched Season 1 of Border Wars and during one episode, a pair of BORSTAR agents apprehend a group of illegals with the assistance of some Agents on 4-wheelers. All of the Agents on 4-wheelers were wearing the tan colored uniforms like BORSTAR but 2 of them appeared to be wearing the CBP Air and Marine patch (could possibly be a desert subdued CBP Field Operations patch I guess). Thier uniform also had the velcro covered pockets on the sleeves (basically an ACU cut) which if I'm not mistaken is used by Air and Marine as well. Are they Border Patrol or does Air and Marine do ground work with ATVs as well?
                                I dunno, AMO has crews for their UH-60's that will get out and work stuff on the ground. Like you said, they were tan uniforms similar to that of BORSTAR. Maybe they got dropped off by their helicopter and were assisting on foot, or maybe they just got sent to the field to assist ground agents that day for whatever reason. Who knows really.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7527 users online. 428 members and 7099 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X