Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry if this is annoying/redundant post and it sound like I'm tooting my own horn. Just wanted to get info from anyone who might be able to help.

I took the BP test in Philly in Sept 09 and got a 100 with my 5 points from being a vet factored in. however, I applied for a northern border position because at that time, I was told they only hired for northern border. Since then, I have been told they aren't hiring for northern border and I have to wait until they put up another ad for southern border. Needless to say, I have seen no movement.

So, how much longer do you think my wait will be? 2-3 years? I'm 36 now.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifnotnowwhen? View Post
          Two years? Is there a requirement that if you accept a job with BOP that you cannot switch to another fed agency for two years?
          For the state of Ca., if you do not have a four year degree, you need two years of prison experience coupled with at least two years of college to apply to be a Parole Agent.

For the Feds, you can apply for other Fed agencies as soon as you are in. However, I believe that most all of the Fed agencies cut off at the age of 37. Border Patrol is currently 40.

Comment

• I recently got called and was giving El Centro, ca, I was waiting for two years and finally I was given and opportunity. However, after waiting so long my wife and kids don't want to move anymore, she just got hired at a good position should I just find another LE job here in Florida? Or go through the academy and give it a chance because u never know I might not make it

Comment

• Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
              I recently got called and was giving El Centro, ca, I was waiting for two years and finally I was given and opportunity. However, after waiting so long my wife and kids don't want to move anymore, she just got hired at a good position should I just find another LE job here in Florida? Or go through the academy and give it a chance because u never know I might not make it
              Only you can answer that question.

Get your "masters or 6 pack" license and work for CBP in the Marine Interdiction Division....stay in FL

Comment

Comment

• PHOENIX – President Barack Obama's plan to send as many as 1,200 National Guard troops to the US-Mexico border appears to be a scaled-down version of the border security approach championed by his predecessor. Under the Obama plan, the troops will work on intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance support, analysis and training, and support efforts to block drug trafficking. They will temporarily supplement border patrol agents until Customs and Border Protection can recruit and train additional officers and agents to serve on the border. Obama also will request $500 million for border protection and law enforcement activities.

Should we expect another MASS hiring blitz?
                  NYPD
                  Exam: 8314 11/08
                  Got the call: 1/7/11

"Last of the mohicans"

Comment

• Originally posted by njdream View Post
                    Obama also will request $500 million for border protection and law enforcement activities.

That is what I am wondering as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by njdream View Post
                      Don't hold your breath.

Comment

Comment

• hey guys i am about to start my 3 week at the academy, and its been difficult. I know it is going the get harder but i am ready to take on the challenge. Hopefully the border patrol will give the experience necessary to move on within or to another agency that will give me the chance to get back to my family in Miami in about 3 years. good luck for those starting this Wednesday and for those graduating July 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
                            ... Hopefully the border patrol will give the experience necessary to move on within or to another agency ....
                            Regardless of who you are or who you work for, its fine to plan for such a career. However, its best to keep such ambitions under your hat. Superiors aren't likely to extend you many opportunities if they expect you to jump ship.
                            FBI CI 1811:
                            June 2007: Applied
                            July 2007: Phase I
                            October 2010: Phase II
                            March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
                            April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

Comment

• Bursting the bubble

Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
                              Hopefully the border patrol will give the experience necessary to move on within or to another agency that will give me the chance to get back to my family in Miami in about 3 years. good luck for those starting this Wednesday and for those graduating July 1.
                              You'd almost have to move to a different agency. There's probably only a infinitesimal slim chance after 7 years or more. The BP is not known for letting its journeyman agents move around; there is no established pathway to guarantee any moves within any timeframe after having "paid your dues." As hard as the BP Academy is, you may want to reconsider if it is your ultimate goal to leave.
                              Last edited by Psalm3; 06-06-2010, 12:45 PM. Reason: i is a bad speler

Comment

• Hello, I just completed the medical update form last week. Just wondering for those who have received the call, how long after you updated your medical did you guys get an offer?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16462 users online. 522 members and 15940 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X