Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First of all i want to thank everyone on this forum, the information provided to me was of great help. I would like to say that as of this morning I passed my PFT2, 25 sit ups, 20 push ups, 220 yard run in 26 sec, and the 1.5 mile run in 13.02, not good enough but i am going to do better. If anyone can provide info as to what other steps the B.P will take after passing this test please feel free i am open to advice.

Comment

• I would imagine that you are about to EOD. When I got my PFT2 email it said that the test would take place within 30 days of your EOD date

Comment

• Can anyone tell me the policy on cells during the academy

Comment

• Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
          Can anyone tell me the policy on cells during the academy
          Bring it with you. Beyond that, you'll be filled in during orientation as far as the rules go.

Comment

• Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
            I would imagine that you are about to EOD. When I got my PFT2 email it said that the test would take place within 30 days of your EOD date
            I am not taking a jab at jesus 981 but I thought I heard the Border Partrol training was very difficult? Those numbers aren't good at all compared to other agencies I have done PT for. Will they hire someone with those PT numbers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
              I am not taking a jab at jesus 981 but I thought I heard the Border Partrol training was very difficult? Those numbers aren't good at all compared to other agencies I have done PT for. Will they hire someone with those PT numbers?
              Well. First of all those numbers were the ones to pass, I been working out and my numbers are better. I just didn't want to strain myself

Comment

• Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
                Those are the requirements for a SHOT at the academy, not what you need to earn your badge. Beyond that, even the academy PT can't prepare you for the physical demands in the field.

Comment

• What happens if an applicant that is in TSU and is a reservist is deployed and your number comes up? Will they hold it for you or pass you up?

Comment

• They "pause" your process and begin it again when you become available.

If you come down on orders, you need to let NHC know quickly, so they can take care of you. If you get an offer, you need to let your unit know so that they can place you on an inactive status. If you get called up while at the Academy, you'll start the Academy again from day one when you get back.

Upon returning from your deployment, NHC will re-activate your packet, then you'll re-do anything that has expired (physical, background, etc.). You'll either get a completely new offer or go to the Academy bound for your original station. (This will depend on how you leave the Academy) As with all things in the Federal Government, this process will take TIME.

When I went to the Academy, I had myself placed on inactive status with my unit, thus I did not need to attend drill and was excused from annual training. Good communication with your readiness NCO (or whatever that position is called in your organization) will prevent problems.

Good luck and stay safe.

Comment

• Just got an offer today for a CO position with California Dept of Corrections in Blythe, CA. Hopefully the Border Patrol will eventually come through with job offer at some point. If not, I will do my two years at the prison and apply to be a Parole Agent.

Comment

• Where Do You Go To Apply For California Border Patrol

Comment

• Did CA start their own BP?

Comment

• Parole agent not Patrol agent. Parole as in monitoring the felons after they are released from prison.

Comment

• I have a question??? If i were to be stationed in El Centro, ca for around 5 years, from a scale from 1 to 10 what would be my chances of transferring to the Miami sector?

Comment

• Originally posted by 67camaros View Post
                                Just got an offer today for a CO position with California Dept of Corrections in Blythe, CA. Hopefully the Border Patrol will eventually come through with job offer at some point. If not, I will do my two years at the prison and apply to be a Parole Agent.
                                Two years? Is there a requirement that if you accept a job with BOP that you cannot switch to another fed agency for two years?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8540 users online. 329 members and 8211 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X