300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish I would have known that sooner.....lol

I was told at one point that each time its checked it knocks your credit score. I will for sure be checking it soon.

Thanks madchicken

Comment

• Originally posted by NETTECH View Post
      Hello everyone. I'm a network engineer looking to make a career change in law enforcement. I recently applied for the U.S.B.P. I submitted my packet last week. I pulled my credit report from Experian on Sunday and realized there is a place of residency that I completely forgot about. Oddly enough it did not show up on the reports from Equifax or Transunion. I was there about 4 weeks, then moved back in with my parents. This was just about 10 years ago.

This was left off of my SF86, completely by accident. Do you think this will automatically DQ me from the position?

I doubt it. Try sending an email to the hiring center, attention to the security office. If you forgot to tell them about living in another country for four weeks, might be a different story.

Comment

• I cant believe how fast this process is going....Received a letter for my Med and my OB letter within a week of eachother!
        ---------------------------------------------
        DEA Diversion Investigator

Interview&Written Test 2/22/10
        Medical
        BI

US Park Police
        Application Submitted
        NOR- 78

Border Patrol
        Written Test- 93%

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Shiherlis View Post
          When your BI comes to meet with you in person, he/she'll have it, show it to you, and have you sign off on it for accuracy. I was wondering the same thing until last Monday(when my BI met me). Unfortunately for me, "MilitaryStar" is on there for an alleged bad credit debt from 8 years ago. 99% sure I paid that off, but now I have to prove it. So watch out for that kind of stuff.
          That's weird, my BI didn't bring it in with him when he interviewed me. He told me he was going to get the report though.

Also, your user handle made me chuckle; I recognize it from my favorite movie of all time
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Anyone else taking the USBP exam on 9-22?
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

• jc,
              I was supposed to, but found i'll be deployed by then. So i just confirmed for the 25 Aug in DC instead. Hoping predeploy training doesn't interfere, again. Have you been studying?
              trainee

Comment

• I am looking to apply as a BPA once I graduate college, but there is an issue. My fiance will be going to grad school in San Diego, and obviously I would like to be posted in that area...

If I would list the San Diego sector as my choice, how likely would it be for me to be assigned there, and would I be even anywhere near San Diego itself?
                Last edited by Flanker; 08-06-2008, 01:27 PM.
                "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
                the more knowledge, the more grief."

Comment

• Flanker...Take a look at honorfirst.com Lots of real good information on that site as well....You will not select your individual sector:You will select a PREFERENCE; CA, AZ, TX etc. After the entire process you will be offered a location (sector) (Before the Academy)...Not trying to be a jerk but remember these are PREFERENCE Locations there are no guarantees. Best of luck to you.

Kenny
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  DEA Diversion Investigator

Interview&Written Test 2/22/10
                  Medical
                  BI

US Park Police
                  Application Submitted
                  NOR- 78

Border Patrol
                  Written Test- 93%

Comment

• Originally posted by Flanker View Post
                    I am looking to apply as a BPA once I graduate college, but there is an issue. My fiance will be going to grad school in San Diego, and obviously I would like to be posted in that area...

If I would list the San Diego sector as my choice, how likely would it be for me to be assigned there, and would I be even anywhere near San Diego itself?
                    Yeah, check Honorfirst. I learned a lot there. I am gunning for SD as well.

Comment

• Ok I'll check that site out. Thanks for the tip
                      "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
                      the more knowledge, the more grief."

Comment

• I turned my application in on Tues. I am scheduled to take the written exam on 10/21. I received a phone call to verify this last night. I pray everything goes well. Can anyone offer insight into the application process, or any other relevant information? Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Buckle your seatbelt and get ready for a wild ride. If you've applied to other FLEO agencies, you're going to be blown away at how fast this process moves.

Compare my time with the USSS and the BPA apps... I've been in the process for half the time for BPA compared to the USSS, and I'm already twice as far along. Do you notice how there's never more than a month between anything I've done with BPA? Amazing.

USSS: Applied
                          12/07: Initial app
                          01/08: Initial interview w/ASAIC
                          02/08: TEA—passed w/80
                          04/08: Panel Interview
                          (08/08): STILL WAITING to hear about panel interview results
                          (next): will require PRK laser eye surgery..

BPA: Applied
                          05/08: Initial Q’s online
                          06/08: Compressed testing. Passed TEA w/79.
                          07/08: Medical and PFT (a joke)
                          07/08: Panel Interview (One agent tells me: “You are GOING to be hired so pack your bags.”)
                          08/08: Drug test

Also, some guys above are talking about no gurantees and 'preference.' while they're technically correct, it sounds as if most are getting their first choice. I also think you get to have it guranteed before you go to FLETC--just not until you're formally offered a job.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWU View Post
                            Buckle your seatbelt and get ready for a wild ride. If you've applied to other FLEO agencies, you're going to be blown away at how fast this process moves.

Compare my time with the USSS and the BPA apps... I've been in the process for half the time for BPA compared to the USSS, and I'm already twice as far along. Do you notice how there's never more than a month between anything I've done with BPA? Amazing.
                            Well that's what happens when the President says "Here, take this $440 million and hire up a load more agents. Make it at least 6,000. Oh, and make it happen by the first quarter of FY 2009. Oh, and I'm not asking you," You're bound to see pretty quick movement. From what I can gather USSS hires anywhere between 100-200 SAs a year, with a fluctuation on election years.

I'm sure everyone knows of the hiring directive, I know I'm just stating the obvious. There's a reason why there are something like 2 academy classes starting a week right now in Artesia. CRAZY.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWU View Post
                              Buckle your seatbelt and get ready for a wild ride. If you've applied to other FLEO agencies, you're going to be blown away at how fast this process moves.

USSS: Applied
                              12/07: Initial app
                              01/08: Initial interview w/ASAIC
                              02/08: TEA—passed w/80
                              04/08: Panel Interview
                              (08/08): STILL WAITING to hear about panel interview results
                              (next): will require PRK laser eye surgery..

BPA: Applied
                              05/08: Initial Q’s online
                              06/08: Compressed testing. Passed TEA w/79.
                              07/08: Medical and PFT (a joke)
                              07/08: Panel Interview (One agent tells me: “You are GOING to be hired so pack your bags.”)
                              08/08: Drug test

Also, some guys above are talking about no gurantees and 'preference.' while they're technically correct, it sounds as if most are getting their first choice. I also think you get to have it guranteed before you go to FLETC--just not until you're formally offered a job.

Interesting. The BPA who proctored our test told everyone who passed "if you mail these forms back to the hiring center, you're going to get hired." He's right, it would have never occurred to me in a million years to apply for ANY law enforcement job due to the horror stories I hear about people getting bogged down forever in the hiring process. Then an old squad leader of mine told me about BPA, how he had got hired really quickly and made all the pay steps and everything, and here I am:

BORDER PATROL AGENT
                              APPLIED ONLINE: 4/19
                              PASSED EXAM : 5/3
                              MEDICAL/FITNESS: 5/13
                              SENT LETTER REQUESTING MORE MEDICAL INFO: 5/20
                              PASSED ORAL BOARD: 7/12
                              MEDICALLY CLEARED: 7/18
                              MET WITH BI: 7/28

Comment

• Well while we are all posting the timelines, I'll post mine:

Applied: 3/19 for San Diego sector
                                Exam/NOR: 4/29 (Compressed testing center)
                                Fitness/Medical/Oral: 5/30
                                Medical Clearance: 7/16 (Revoked two days later due to injury)
                                Drug Test: 7/23
                                BI: 7/25 (report was supposed to be submitted today for adjudication)

Basically now that I'm injured, I am NMC until I'm fully healed. It isn't a show stopper, but I have a good 1-2 months until I'll probably let the medical staffing unit know that I'm good to go.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8777 users online. 422 members and 8355 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X