Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Don951 View Post
    So a NOPA isn't an auto DQ? I have been reading posts, and it seems if you provide a good explanation on a certain situation the NOPA can be overturned?
    Depends on what it is for and how much time has passed, but yes, it is possible to overcome a NOPA.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by madchiken View Post
      While you are surfing the web looking for a different job, maybe you should look up INTEGRITY.
      who said i was surfing the web looking for a job??? lol

      Comment


      • Originally posted by security58 View Post
        who said i was surfing the web looking for a job??? lol
        He's saying you WILL be surfing the web looking for a job, since the BP isn't going to work out for you.

        Comment


        • I've been reading on honorfirst.com and can't wait to take the exam. I'm stoked about getting to the North Border (Spokane or Havre) and then to BORTAC, BORSTAR, SRT, pilot (uav or plane) ... that's all...
          trainee

          Comment


          • Originally posted by security58 View Post
            who said i was surfing the web looking for a job??? lol
            Heres what you have to keep in mind here security58, and you should know this being employed as a Juvenile Det. Officer.

            Law Enforcement agencies expect to hire applicants with the highest amount of INTEGRITY. Of course they are not looking for saints and virgins but because of the fact that you are dealing with upholding the law, they cannot afford to have someone who may lie in a court proceeding, out in the field, etc. due to the fact that you are UPHOLDING THE LAW. Now specifically with border patrol, you are going to be dealing with seizures of a lot of drugs. The fact that you lied on your initial application ABOUT DRUGS, is going to send off a huge red flag. There have been agents out there who have stolen drugs from seizures and when that happens the department as a whole comes under fire by the people, the media, and the government. They will do whatever they can to minimize the chance of this happening. I believe you probably got a letter stating that you couldn't continue in the process due to 1) Illegal Drug Usage 2) Criminal Activity and 3) Mission Critical Conduct. Think about it, even though you admitted it later on you still lacked integrity at the time you submitted the initial application and I bet it is going to be a rough road to even get past the background process for you. By all means I am in NO way telling you to look for a different career path, BUT I am telling you don't put all your eggs in one basket. Make sure you have a backup plan.

            Good luck in your career.
            Last edited by SoKalCopKid; 08-02-2008, 02:20 PM. Reason: Spelling

            Comment


            • Originally posted by flyfrog View Post
              I've been reading on honorfirst.com and can't wait to take the exam. I'm stoked about getting to the North Border (Spokane or Havre) and then to BORTAC, BORSTAR, SRT, pilot (uav or plane) ... that's all...
              I think you may have some unrealistic expectations. You want to be assigned to SOG but work in areas that have less arrests in a year than some stations have per daily shift.

              Comment


              • +1
                Flyfrog, your best bet at an exciting and fruitful career is going to be you heading down to the SouthWest Border. It's not that you can't have an exciting career and get those details by starting up north, but the odds are heavily stacked against you.

                Comment


                • Thanks guys for the input. I may be getting ahead of myself. As a planner, i want all options, but i'm going BP to slow down from overseas work so i can concentrate on my family (bun in oven). I would like to live in the cooler areas but my drive will lead me towards SOG things. Probably best for me to just take things as they come, THEN decide what is good at that time. I do appreciate the input guys.

                  I can't find what the average/max miles per week are for running during FLETC. I don't want to over/under train. Anyone shed light on that?

                  Thanks for any info.
                  trainee

                  Comment


                  • Quick question: How do you know when your credit report has been pulled? Does DHS/CBP let you know? Or do you have to look up your credit report yourself to find it out?


                    Thanks in advance

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
                      Heres what you have to keep in mind here security58, and you should know this being employed as a Juvenile Det. Officer.

                      Law Enforcement agencies expect to hire applicants with the highest amount of INTEGRITY. Of course they are not looking for saints and virgins but because of the fact that you are dealing with upholding the law, they cannot afford to have someone who may lie in a court proceeding, out in the field, etc. due to the fact that you are UPHOLDING THE LAW. Now specifically with border patrol, you are going to be dealing with seizures of a lot of drugs. The fact that you lied on your initial application ABOUT DRUGS, is going to send off a huge red flag. There have been agents out there who have stolen drugs from seizures and when that happens the department as a whole comes under fire by the people, the media, and the government. They will do whatever they can to minimize the chance of this happening. I believe you probably got a letter stating that you couldn't continue in the process due to 1) Illegal Drug Usage 2) Criminal Activity and 3) Mission Critical Conduct. Think about it, even though you admitted it later on you still lacked integrity at the time you submitted the initial application and I bet it is going to be a rough road to even get past the background process for you. By all means I am in NO way telling you to look for a different career path, BUT I am telling you don't put all your eggs in one basket. Make sure you have a backup plan.

                      Good luck in your career.
                      yeah i guess ur right.....ty

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
                        Quick question: How do you know when your credit report has been pulled? Does DHS/CBP let you know? Or do you have to look up your credit report yourself to find it out?


                        Thanks in advance
                        When your BI comes to meet with you in person, he/she'll have it, show it to you, and have you sign off on it for accuracy. I was wondering the same thing until last Monday(when my BI met me). Unfortunately for me, "MilitaryStar" is on there for an alleged bad credit debt from 8 years ago. 99% sure I paid that off, but now I have to prove it. So watch out for that kind of stuff.

                        Comment


                        • BI Info.

                          Hello everyone. I'm a network engineer looking to make a career change in law enforcement. I recently applied for the U.S.B.P. I submitted my packet last week. I pulled my credit report from Experian on Sunday and realized there is a place of residency that I completely forgot about. Oddly enough it did not show up on the reports from Equifax or Transunion. I was there about 4 weeks, then moved back in with my parents. This was just about 10 years ago.

                          This was left off of my SF86, completely by accident. Do you think this will automatically DQ me from the position?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Chris Shiherlis View Post
                            Unfortunately for me, "MilitaryStar" is on there for an alleged bad credit debt from 8 years ago. 99% sure I paid that off, but now I have to prove it. So watch out for that kind of stuff.
                            Lesson learned? Whenever you apply for anything (job, loan, etc..) in which your credit history is going to be checked, run it yourself to find any mistakes. Personally, I check mine every 3 months.

                            Comment


                            • Doesn't it affect your credit score each time you check it?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
                                Doesn't it affect your credit score each time you check it?
                                Not if you run it yourself through the actual credit reporting agencies or annualcreditreport.com (FTC program, which also runs the report directly through the agencies).

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9609 users online. 445 members and 9164 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X