300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
    Finally in T&S Lord willing I can EOD before the end of the year.

I EOD on may 24, 2010, however i am still waiting for the scheduling unit to contact me for my second physical fitness test (pft2). Have you received the call yet? If anyone already went through the PFT2, please contact me to let me know the specs of the test thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
      I EOD on may 24, 2010, however i am still waiting for the scheduling unit to contact me for my second physical fitness test (pft2). Have you received the call yet? If anyone already went through the PFT2, please contact me to let me know the specs of the test thanks.
      No I have not received the call. From what someone else posted they apparently take your blood pressure then conduct the test. It seems easy, 25 situps/min, 20 pushups/min and a 1.5 mile run in 15 min. You take the test within 30 days or your EOD.

What station did you get, what were offered, and how long were you in TSU?
      Last edited by mil_intel_sgt; 04-12-2010, 06:48 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

No I have not received the call. From what someone else posted they apparently take your blood pressure then conduct the test. It seems easy, 25 situps/min, 20 pushups/min and a 1.5 mile run in 15 min. You take the test within 30 days or your EOD.

I was in TSU for 5 months, i got the call march 25 and was offered campo, ca, el centro,ca, and somewhere in new mexico i can not recall.

Comment

Finally in T&S Lord willing I can EOD before the end of the year.
          Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
          I've seen a few of your posts and know that you're up to speed, but I wanted to make sure that you know that TSU dates don't really matter much anymore. Your Tentative Offer (TO) date is much more important.

The TO's that are getting calls right now for the Southern Border seem to be the ones issued in September/October, 2008.

Por ejemplo:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/borde...es?msg=46748.1
          http://forums.delphiforums.com/borde...es?msg=46746.1

Best of luck!

Comment

• Hey guys I got the email with my pft2 date.(may 6). If everything goes okay I will be in California on may 24, and in the academy on the 27. Wish me luck as of yesterday I am closing in at 13.5 on the 1.5 mile.

Comment

• Good luck bro

Comment

• Bolt56 is absolutely right. I just checked Honorfirst and about a dozen guys posted that they got the call yesterday. The bad news for us is they all got their TO around October 2008. I think at this point your TSU date is pretty meaningless. They seem to be committed to moving all those guys that got left behind for one reason or another out of TSU and onto the job before they get to the rest of us. For those of us who received a TO sometime in 2009, I think its going to be a pretty long wait unless something changes (which it could given the recent increase in violence against Americans). Either way I am keeping my fingers crossed for sometime in FY2011.
                "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                George Orwell

BP
                Written Test - 2/14/2009 Passed
                Medical Exam - 3/13/2009 Passed
                Fitness Test - 3/13/2009 Passed
                Drug Screening - 4/24/2009 Passed
                Structured Interview - 4/29/2009 Passed
                Pre-Employment Forms - Received
                Qualifications - GL-7
                Background Investigation - Met with BI 7/22/2009

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
                Written Test - 5/27/2009 Passed
                NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

• I talked to an agent the other night who informed me that the rumor in the Patrol is that in FY 2011...October timeframe he says...they should be opening up hiring again. He said it had a lot to do with funding being shifted around with the new administration. I pray to whatever that he is right. US Border Patrol is my dream and has been for a while. I went through the hiring process last time it was open and failed the medical because of hypertension, not making that mistake again. So if this guy was right, that gives all you hopefuls not already in the process enough time to get squared away and prepared for what's coming your way. If he's wrong, I'll be ****ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
                    I talked to an agent the other night who informed me that the rumor in the Patrol is that in FY 2011...October timeframe he says...they should be opening up hiring again. He said it had a lot to do with funding being shifted around with the new administration. I pray to whatever that he is right. US Border Patrol is my dream and has been for a while. I went through the hiring process last time it was open and failed the medical because of hypertension, not making that mistake again. So if this guy was right, that gives all you hopefuls not already in the process enough time to get squared away and prepared for what's coming your way. If he's wrong, I'll be ****ed.
                    I talked to an agent too, they told me something similar. He said calls should really pick up in August and September, this is to get as many applicants before the FY ends. He also said said there should be another announcement for hiring, which is great news for people in TSU and anyone looking for a great LE career. Hopefully the majority of us in TSU will receive the call before October, one can only dream. Good luck to you.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Right now my plan is to get hired with BOP at the Victorville facility. My dream is to be a PA and eventually BORSTAR (current EMT-B and Rescue Technician...do the math). I have patience, the job is worth it.

Comment

I talked to an agent the other night who informed me that the rumor in the Patrol is that in FY 2011...October timeframe he says...they should be opening up hiring again. He said it had a lot to do with funding being shifted around with the new administration. I pray to whatever that he is right. US Border Patrol is my dream and has been for a while. I went through the hiring process last time it was open and failed the medical because of hypertension, not making that mistake again. So if this guy was right, that gives all you hopefuls not already in the process enough time to get squared away and prepared for what's coming your way. If he's wrong, I'll be ****ed.
                          how do you fail a med for hypertension? you show up, get dq'd, go to your doctor, get meds, get a clearance letter, and pass the medical... what happened?

Comment

Right now my plan is to get hired with BOP at the Victorville facility. My dream is to be a PA and eventually BORSTAR (current EMT-B and Rescue Technician...do the math). I have patience, the job is worth it.
                            Victorville... Home away from home for alien smugglers in San Diego...

Tell em I said Hello

Comment

• Originally posted by xynder View Post
                              how do you fail a med for hypertension? you show up, get dq'd, go to your doctor, get meds, get a clearance letter, and pass the medical... what happened?
                              You also have to pass another when you get to FLETC. If you are too high you're on the next bus back to El Paso.

Comment

• My doctor gave me the meds, but refused to sign the letter. Trust me, there were some short, sweet, to the point words thrown out on my drive home. I ended up not taking the meds, stepped up the diet and exercise regimen and the blood pressure took care of itself. Unfortunetly too late for getting on. Unless there's a way to retake the medical, I'm waiting for the next open announcement.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6435 users online. 394 members and 6041 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X