Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=ElNueve; BUT when I applied I was told all new guys go to northern border for two years before they go to souther border. WAUGH!![/QUOTE]

That is funny. But, it is what people are doing now to go north. Sounds even funnier the other way though.
    trainee

Comment

• I just heard a rumor on applicants being called in the order of their TO, instead of their TSU date. I know I can't get an exact date but with a TO date of 1/31/2009, I was wondering if I could get a rough estimate on when I would receive the call. Reason why I ask, is because I'm standing in a wedding in August.

Comment

• Originally posted by lugonatron View Post
        I just heard a rumor on applicants being called in the order of their TO, instead of their TSU date. I know I can't get an exact date but with a TO date of 1/31/2009, I was wondering if I could get a rough estimate on when I would receive the call. Reason why I ask, is because I'm standing in a wedding in August.
        I shook my 8-ball for you and it says, "Are you kidding?"
        ____________ _____________
        "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

• Any idea whether they will be hiring Border Patrol Agents anytime soon?

Comment

• The BP is still hiring 100 or so each month, but since there are already thousands that have completed the process and are waiting for a class date, the BP is not currently taking any more applications. If you aren't already in the process, you'll have to wait until a new vacancy is posted on USAJOBS.

Comment

• To Pre-LEO

From all the info i gathered its going to be almost a year more. You are a few months before me by your TO date. Mine is 3/3/2009. I am using the time to get a Graduate Cert. in Criminal justice, work on my PT and try to learn basic Spanish.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                  If you applied to a high need BOP joint you will likely be on the job in a few months.
                  Also it seemed like after Christmas the whole splurge on FAM hiring went nuts. I would imagine they will try to push people through. I was surprised how many coworkers have been/were about to become FAM but then ended up a PA (OR was a PA, went FAM, and then came right back )
                  "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• !! ........................
                    Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Does border patrol do ride alongs?

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Ok I'm new to this discussion so forgive me if this has already been answered. Why does the website say they are not accepting applications even though they are still having job fairs? Is it because they are looking for more qualified applicants?

Comment

• Nope they have around 12000 people in the pipeline on various stages of the hiring process. The career fair is probably for Customs and Border Protection with other job openings.

Comment

• Nice to see activity on the forum again! I've been reading the honorfirst postings and it seems as though the TO date does factor in now. However, calls are not coming in exact chronological order. Nobody can really figure out how they are deciding who to call because TO dates, TSU dates, and stations are all over the place. As for me, I have an OCS packet in currently and I'm waiting to go to the selection board. Believe it or not even the Army has a long waiting list for Officer Candidates. The soonest I could ship to Benning would probably be in early FY2011. So I guess I'll just wait to see who calls me first. BP and OCS are both great opportunities so I guess I can't lose.
                              "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                              George Orwell

BP
                              Written Test - 2/14/2009 Passed
                              Medical Exam - 3/13/2009 Passed
                              Fitness Test - 3/13/2009 Passed
                              Drug Screening - 4/24/2009 Passed
                              Structured Interview - 4/29/2009 Passed
                              Pre-Employment Forms - Received
                              Qualifications - GL-7
                              Background Investigation - Met with BI 7/22/2009

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
                              Written Test - 5/27/2009 Passed
                              NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

• I just wanted to give thanks to everyone's advice in this forum, i finally got the call on march 22. I was only given the chance to pick between campo, ca or el centro, ca. They gave me 24 hours to decide so i went online to check and explore the area, finally i choose el centro, ca sector headquarters. I am expected to eod the 24 of may pending on the results from my PFT2 and start the acadamy on the 27, if anyone has any information about this area please contact me at this forum or via email at [email protected]. Thank you again

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10818 users online. 375 members and 10443 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X