Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElNueve View Post
    OEFvet

By the way, I also took the IEA test and got the same similarly unspectacular score. Weird since I aced the BP test, which I considered to be the most difficult of all the FLEO tests I've taken, and I took FBI, SS, SS-UD, BP and ICE IEA.

Maybe something in the water in Afghanistan made us dumb
    ICE SA test was the hardest for me

Comment

• Got an odd question. When out in the desert, how often to BPA's come in contact with wild animals, i.e. coyotes, snakes, rodents?

Are agents ever attacked by animals?

Comment

• Don't know about the desert, but I see coyotes, snakes (depends on the time of year), and jackalopes on a daily basis. Walking through spider webs is common until you learn how to age sign and I've heard other stations have tarantula migrations. I've seen a mountain lion cub and have heard scopes warn agents of a big cat in their area but luckily haven't seen one up close and personal yet.

We also walk through properties with dogs, bulls, and more exotic pets such as llamas, ostriches, and pigs.

Comment

• Wow! Have you heard of agents being attacked by such animals?

Comment

• We've had some rattle snake bites here but that's about it. There are a couple of stories from agents on HF about tarantula migrations and I think one where an agent or two had a mountain lion stalking them.

Comment

• I have pictures of raccoons, tarantulas, blacks widows, various snakes, and other less than cuddly animals. We have a draw in my AOR named "Rattlesnake" because it is literally a breeding ground for rattle snakes...try working a group there during MIDS. You gotta really watch your step. We also have similar stories about the "big cats"....hopefully, the guy on scope is watching out for you. LOL. You learn to cope....fun stuff.

Comment

• I called the Minneapolic Hiring Center today. I got my score six months ago but haven't heard a peep. All the people were really nice, but they said Northern border is shut down....no hiring.

I know this has been said a million times but why do they post jobs jus to NOT hire people. If there are still 10,000-20,000 eligible in a hiring pool why not work through everyone that has a score of 90 or better before putting up a bogus post?

Also, if there is such a huge pool why not whittle it down by being more selective. Why not say you have to have a 95 and then cut hiring times way down. The wait time would be cut way down.

Comment

• For whatever reason you applied about three years after the hiring push started. Government hiring has a lot to do with the budget. After you applied, the budget was cut and thus hiring was put on the back burner again. Especially the NB where not nearly as many agents are needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                    For whatever reason you applied about three years after the hiring push started. Government hiring has a lot to do with the budget. After you applied, the budget was cut and thus hiring was put on the back burner again. Especially the NB where not nearly as many agents are needed.
                    My buddy got hired by BP three years ago, screwed that up and then got hired by CBP a few months later. I know what you are talking about, that was a golden time. I couldn't apply back then because I was stationed overseas. I got back to Texas and deployed to Afghanistan two months later so I couldn't really start any of these processes until last summer.

Oh and the lady at hiring said that even if spots opened on the southern border, I won'y be eligible because I applied for northern border. BUT when I applied I was told all new guys go to northern border for two years before they go to souther border. WAUGH!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ElNueve View Post
                      BUT when I applied I was told all new guys go to northern border for two years before they go to souther border. WAUGH!!
                      There has never been a more incorrect statement. Before the hiring push it was more common for an agent to be on the SB for 10+ years before getting a transfer to a less than desirable NB station. Due to the housing market and other factors, many senior agents were not able to move north.

Thus, NB trainees became a reality. While there were only about 500 open positions on the NB, my understanding is that over 1000 NB trainees were hired to fill those spots because many didn't last.

Comment

• Madchicken, now that's you've established that my process will expire next month, what can I do to keep my file updated?
                        "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        George Orwell

BP
                        Written Test - 2/14/2009 Passed
                        Medical Exam - 3/13/2009 Passed
                        Fitness Test - 3/13/2009 Passed
                        Drug Screening - 4/24/2009 Passed
                        Structured Interview - 4/29/2009 Passed
                        Pre-Employment Forms - Received
                        Qualifications - GL-7
                        Background Investigation - Met with BI 7/22/2009

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
                        Written Test - 5/27/2009 Passed
                        NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

• Wait for them to call you to set up a new medical or for them to send you a form to fill out that says you haven't hurt yourself. I'm not sure how they are doing it right now.

Comment

• Wow, so since I re-applied for the northern border based on a request I got from them, I won't be eligible for potential SB slots? I tested last April for the SB and got an email saying that re-applying for the NB will make things quicker.

Also, my background has "been in the security office" since August and they havent even contacted anyone I know. I realize being in TSU for me will prolly be years but I would still like to see my background completed. Is there anyone I can call to inquire about my background?

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
                                Wow, so since I re-applied for the northern border based on a request I got from them, I won't be eligible for potential SB slots? I tested last April for the SB and got an email saying that re-applying for the NB will make things quicker.
                                If you were on HF, this wouldn't be a surprise... Also, I doubt you will be able to change back to the SB until they put out a new vacancy announcement.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4092 users online. 158 members and 3934 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X