Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are some 4x4 vans here. I have also seen a few vehicles with cut lights mounted on the rear drivers side bumper. The magnetic style looks good; I may build one.

Sap- FTU
    trainee

Comment

• Any word on hiring for new BP agents. I got a 100 on the test last October but haven't heard a peep from BP.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElNueve View Post
        Any word on hiring for new BP agents. I got a 100 on the test last October but haven't heard a peep from BP.
        You're in line with 10,000-20,000 other applicants that applied during the past 3 years and BP already has more applicants in TSU than they plan to hire this FY.

Get comfortable...

Comment

• Wah-wah,

Comment

• Originally posted by flyfrog View Post
            There are some 4x4 vans here. I have also seen a few vehicles with cut lights mounted on the rear drivers side bumper. The magnetic style looks good; I may build one.

Sap- FTU
            Ask your FTO. Or see what agents around you are using.
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Thanks sap. I got the magnetic idea from my FTO. I was just looking for additional input.

Currently the Qbeam is working, but post-FTU will find a magnetic in my bag as well.
              trainee

Comment

• Does the Border Patrol offer tuition reimbursement? If so, what are the limits and eligibility requirements?

Comment

• Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
                  Does the Border Patrol offer tuition reimbursement? If so, what are the limits and eligibility requirements?
                  Is there a program? Yes

Is there $$$ funding the program? Doubtful.

Comment

• 2011 Budget Curbs Border Security

The latest news is that Border Patrol will lose 180 agents via attrition with Obama's 2011 budget proposal.

Can anyone put into perspective how - if at all - those of us in TSU may be affected if this goes through?

Is this a jab on the shoulder or a kick to the face?

Comment

• Originally posted by KPBPA View Post
                      2011 Budget Curbs Border Security

The latest news is that Border Patrol will lose 180 agents via attrition with Obama's 2011 budget proposal.

Can anyone put into perspective how - if at all - those of us in TSU may be affected if this goes through?

Is this a jab on the shoulder or a kick to the face?
                      It's a pretty vague report. After glancing over the actual budget request report (a 20mb pdf file *ugh*) it looks like they're looking to reduce premium pay for management or supervisors that are looking work extra, and the way they want to do that is to just not fill 181 of the slots that will open up due to attrition. That means that there could be more than 181 agents lost due to attrition and those will be filled.

Everyone that is in the pipeline (no matter where you are in it) needs to know this: Right now station and sector management is putting the word out - Budgets are disappearing, so plan accordingly. Take that for what you will.
                      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                        Is there a program? Yes

Is there $$$ funding the program? Doubtful.
                        There was an email in the fall asking for applicants for the program. IMS, there was $2,000 for about 2,000 people. That may have been DHS-wide.
                        trainee

Comment

• I was hearing some chatter over at honorfirst about guys renewing their med/phys and was wondering if I am going to have to renew mine anytime soon based on my timeline below. Any advice would be helpful.
                          "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                          George Orwell

BP
                          Written Test - 2/14/2009 Passed
                          Medical Exam - 3/13/2009 Passed
                          Fitness Test - 3/13/2009 Passed
                          Drug Screening - 4/24/2009 Passed
                          Structured Interview - 4/29/2009 Passed
                          Pre-Employment Forms - Received
                          Qualifications - GL-7
                          Background Investigation - Met with BI 7/22/2009

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
                          Written Test - 5/27/2009 Passed
                          NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

• You expire next month.

Comment

• Originally posted by OEFvet83 View Post
                              I was hearing some chatter over at honorfirst about guys renewing their med/phys and was wondering if I am going to have to renew mine anytime soon based on my timeline below. Any advice would be helpful.
                              OEFvet

Looking at your timeline, it looks like you've flown through. Any advice for me. I am also an OEF vet. Took the test in Philly in August, got a score of 100 yet I have not heard a peep from anyone.

What should I do?

Comment

• Originally posted by OEFvet83 View Post
                                I was hearing some chatter over at honorfirst about guys renewing their med/phys and was wondering if I am going to have to renew mine anytime soon based on my timeline below. Any advice would be helpful.
                                OEFvet

By the way, I also took the IEA test and got the same similarly unspectacular score. Weird since I aced the BP test, which I considered to be the most difficult of all the FLEO tests I've taken, and I took FBI, SS, SS-UD, BP and ICE IEA.

Maybe something in the water in Afghanistan made us dumb

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4383 users online. 304 members and 4079 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X