Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PM received and replied to.

    Comment


    • Is there a way to make an inquiry into my background check? Or should I just be patient and wait to be contacted?

      Comment


      • ......................
        Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:29 PM.

        Comment


        • Got the call!

          Been doing alot of reading on here and all I have to say is keep your hopes up and keep working out. I tested in Detroit in August 2008, took my oral board 1 week later, took almost 4 months to clear BI, after that came the medical and physical in September 2008. I finally hit TSU in May 2009. Waiting and waiting. I got the 1st NB call for 2010 to go to El Paso and I gladly accepted. I EOD March 8th after I complete the new PFT2 physical Feb 16th. It can be a long process but you have to want it and have patience. I'm a older recruit but I always wanted to be a LEO, and now I have the chance to be a FLEO with National Jusrisdiction. For those that think you know it all and have those awful attitudes, if you ever make it to the academy those people you talk about will be there and they will push you to your limits. I've learned to shut up and do whats told of you especially in the Federal Govt. My 2cents. Class sizes are down to 25 per class so far this year and hiring has slowed down. The push is over, some may wait 3 to 4 years before getting a call. So once again be patient.

          Comment


          • I think dreamcrusher said it best when he said live your life like you have never applied. I am just glad I have another job that I can go to and focus on for the time being. Also trying to lift and run every chance I get will hopefully make Fletc doable. TSU is going to be a very long long wait from what I can tell.

            Comment


            • I handed in my application late. However I attended a structured interview and passed. After not hearing from BP for a while I called and they said since my app was late my file was closed. Is there anything i can do to reopen it?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by WannaBeTacMedic View Post
                I handed in my application late. However I attended a structured interview and passed. After not hearing from BP for a while I called and they said since my app was late my file was closed. Is there anything i can do to reopen it?
                Reapply whenever the position opens again.

                And don't be late next time.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by glock26daddy View Post
                  Been doing alot of reading on here and all I have to say is keep your hopes up and keep working out. I tested in Detroit in August 2008, took my oral board 1 week later, took almost 4 months to clear BI, after that came the medical and physical in September 2008. I finally hit TSU in May 2009. Waiting and waiting. I got the 1st NB call for 2010 to go to El Paso and I gladly accepted. I EOD March 8th after I complete the new PFT2 physical Feb 16th. It can be a long process but you have to want it and have patience. I'm a older recruit but I always wanted to be a LEO, and now I have the chance to be a FLEO with National Jusrisdiction. For those that think you know it all and have those awful attitudes, if you ever make it to the academy those people you talk about will be there and they will push you to your limits. I've learned to shut up and do whats told of you especially in the Federal Govt. My 2cents. Class sizes are down to 25 per class so far this year and hiring has slowed down. The push is over, some may wait 3 to 4 years before getting a call. So once again be patient.
                  So you applied NB and they offered you a southern border? I hope they give me whatever is available, I'll go NB or SB

                  Comment


                  • So, I entered TSU on August 27th, my fitness test expired in september and the day I was supposed to re-take it, I had to go to the hospital, after I came out of the hospital I had to send the medical information to MHC and I got medically cleared. I took my fitness test again about 2 weeks ago and passed.

                    I received a letter on the 27th of January telling me I have been sent to TSU.

                    My question is, does the TSU date change?

                    I thought once I cleared everything again I would keep my August date.
                    BPA:
                    Written Test: Passed (97%)
                    Reactivated Feb 09
                    Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                    Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                    Medical Exam: Completed
                    Drug Test: Completed
                    Fitness: Completed
                    Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                    Background Investigation: Completed


                    IEA ICE
                    Written Test: Passed (80% )
                    Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                    Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

                    Comment


                    • Any PA's have advice for a good Patrol Bag? Size, pockets, brand, etc. The backpacks from ART are not good for field use. I have heard good things about the smaller Galls bag.

                      Also seeking input on cut lights: magnetic, rechargable, LED, ? So far the Qbeam non recharge is working well, but it is large. Thanks in advance.
                      trainee

                      Comment


                      • Are you in FTU or are you still at ART?
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                        "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                        Comment


                        • I used a Hatch D1 for a while down south.


                          http://www.lapolicegear.com/had1padugeba.html

                          Now I've got a midsized CamelBak (The HAWG I think) and carry the rest of my junk in this:


                          http://www.lapolicegear.com/jumbo-bailout-bag.html

                          As for the light, true signcutters build their own.

                          I got a 90lb strength magnet at Dr. Ike's, a 12v adapter/cord from Radio Shack (make sure you get one with a built in fuse, so you don't have to tear apart the console in the Kilo Unit), and the light itself from Northern Tool.

                          http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...8441_200318441

                          Your finished product should look something like this:

                          Comment


                          • I still don't understand why other sectors get 4x4 vans (we don't) and we get cut lights installed on our trucks (most stations don't)...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                              I still don't understand why other sectors get 4x4 vans (we don't) and we get cut lights installed on our trucks (most stations don't)...
                              Hm. I've never heard of a 4x4 van, and I know that we have cutting lights on all of ours so I guess we're in the same boat.
                              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                              "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                              Comment


                              • ..........................
                                Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:29 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4026 users online. 215 members and 3811 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X