300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DSL22 View Post
    I heard that it may take 10 - 12 months to be called once the paperwork has been sent to TSU.
    To verify, I called last week and this is exactly what I was told: expect to wait 10 - 12 months in TSU. I've been sitting in TSU since September as well and it definitely looks like we should find a good way to spend our time until at least the end of the summer.

Comment

• Well, it looks like SB calls are starting up again, according to some applicants on honorfirst.com, some have received the call for academy dates in March.

Comment

• If CASS says that my background is "still in the security office" does that mean that it has not been started yet?

Comment

• Also, I wanted to thank the Agents who keep posting on here. I've been in the hiring process for about 9 months and I have gotten valuable information from here. Now is the info going to be 100% accurate all the time, of course not. As an adult you have to use your deductive reasoning skills to determine which information you will take as fact and which you'll take with a grain of salt. You must realize that no one can really forecast exactly how your process will go because there are several variables that come into play. But if you ask a question about the agency, I would assume the agent's can speak with more accuracy.

But once again, thanks to the agents on here because the information I have received has helped.

Comment

• Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
            If CASS says that my background is "still in the security office" does that mean that it has not been started yet?
            Your background investigation started the day after you hit "Certify" in e-QIP. Your background investigation hit the second step the day some HR rep opened your TO packet, pulled out your fingerprint cards, and sent them off to the FBI. By the time an investigator sits down with you, 1/3 to 2/3 of the field work is ALREADY DONE.
            sigpicTwo is one,
            one is none.

Comment

If CASS says that my background is "still in the security office" does that mean that it has not been started yet?

It means that they are still investigating you. Once your background investigation has been completed, MHC will send your information to TSU and it will be stated in your CASS page.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
                Your background investigation started the day after you hit "Certify" in e-QIP. Your background investigation hit the second step the day some HR rep opened your TO packet, pulled out your fingerprint cards, and sent them off to the FBI. By the time an investigator sits down with you, 1/3 to 2/3 of the field work is ALREADY DONE.
                How will I be notified when the investigator wants to sit down with me?

Comment

• Are border patrol agents issued just the HK P2000 or are they also issued the P2000SK?

Also, I know some agents carry long arms when in the field. Are they allowed to take those home? I was wondering because if multiple agents carry the same M4 that would require them constantly re-sighting it.

Comment

How will I be notified when the investigator wants to sit down with me?
                    Do you have a telephone?

Are border patrol agents issued just the HK P2000 or are they also issued the P2000SK? Also, I know some agents carry long arms when in the field. Are they allowed to take those home? I was wondering because if multiple agents carry the same M4 that would require them constantly re-sighting it.
                    OPSEC

Comment

Are border patrol agents issued just the HK P2000 or are they also issued the P2000SK?

Also, I know some agents carry long arms when in the field. Are they allowed to take those home? I was wondering because if multiple agents carry the same M4 that would require them constantly re-sighting it.
                      As Madchicken posted, these questions follow along the line of OPSEC. Further, talk about putting the cart in front of the horse...these issues should be the last things running around your head. If you want to worry about things (and by this I mean things you can control), worry about your PT regimen and possibly learning some Spanish. If the answers to these is "I'm good with the whole PT thing," and "my ability to hablo espanol es muy excelente," then great. Run more. Do more push-ups and sit-ups. Try running a 12:00 mile and a half after doing 4 sets of 25 bodybuilders (burpees), 4 sets of 25 sit-ups, 4 sets of 25 flutter kicks, and 4 sets of 25 push-ups. Still not a problem? Increase the number of sets to 6, and lower the run time goal to 10:00. Next, learn all of the capitols of all of the countries in Central and South America (en espanol), so well that you can draw a free-hand map of them. Worry about the guns and rifles when you are in Artesia, and during your FTO period when you are at your station.
                      sigpicTwo is one,
                      one is none.

Comment

• When madchiken said OPSEC that was enough said...

Comment

• Well since there might be a bid delay on the NB hiring... I applied for Mission Support Assistant. I believe this is with the Border Patrol. It's not my dream job, but maybe I can work with BPA's and learn a little something before I get called for BP. Does anyone know anything about MSA's? Are they just paper pushers and is it worth pursuing??
                          Apr 09--Took test
                          Sept 09--Med/Fit test
                          Sept 09--Drug test
                          Sept 09--Oral Board Interview
                          Oct 09--BI Interview
                          Nov09--TSU!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Razorback09 View Post
                            Well since there might be a bid delay on the NB hiring... I applied for Mission Support Assistant. I believe this is with the Border Patrol. It's not my dream job, but maybe I can work with BPA's and learn a little something before I get called for BP. Does anyone know anything about MSA's? Are they just paper pushers and is it worth pursuing??
                            The job of a Mission Support Assistant is 100% clerical with no enforcement whatsoever. Also be aware that the process might take a while for that job as well, I just heard last week that even for mission support (the only area in CBP that is hiring beyond attrition) many of the positions remained unfunded and have not been filled.

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up BigPat. I think I will withdraw my app for MSA. It sounds like it really isn't my cup of tea.
                              Apr 09--Took test
                              Sept 09--Med/Fit test
                              Sept 09--Drug test
                              Sept 09--Oral Board Interview
                              Oct 09--BI Interview
                              Nov09--TSU!!!

Comment

• Any Border Patrol Agents that work in Montana here?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11065 users online. 402 members and 10663 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X