Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phillystactical View Post
    Word is, after this year it will go back to 37

Yup thats what I heard too. I don't have to worry about it. Im just looking forward to turning 21 next month wooo hooo. What a great birthday present it would be to get "the call" on my 21st birthday. lol. Only in an "absolut" world ehh? lol.

Comment

• JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!
      AARRGGHH!!!!!!!!
      WOW that was quick, less than 3 months. Fortunately they said they have a deferrment program for being in college so I can finish school. Keep at it guys....it's like Christmas when you were 5yrs old all over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
        Medical/Physical next week so excited....hows your process coming along BPA2b

Just waiting to see if my background clears.
        Border Patrol Process

Written Test---4/21 (101 testers-23 passed)
        Medical--------5/19
        Oral Board------5/19
        Physical Agility--5/19
        Credit Report Pulled---6/06
        Random Drug Test-----6/13
        B.I. Started Field Interviewing---6/24
        Employment Qualifications Cleared For G-5 6/26
        Meet With B.I. From The D.H.S.-------7/7

http://<span style="font-size:12px">...rst.com</span>

Comment

• Originally posted by dgr_874 View Post
          To all,

I have some clarifications that I needed about persuing this career. I was hoping some of you that have been out there in the trenches could help me with. First, Border Patrol is now considered a federal law enforcement agency because of recent changes to the definition of law enforcement correct? If so, that means that the mandatory retirement age is 57?
          I am 34 years old and have 10 years of military service that i would buy back as soon as i could. According to my calculations, if i worked till i was 57, when i could get full retirement without waiting, I would have approx 33 years of total service for retirement. If my research is correct, I would recieve 1.7% of my high 3 years for the first 20 years and 1.0% of my high 3 years for anytime served beyond 20 years.
          Does this all sound correct or have I not researched enough?

Thanks all in advance!

Border Patrol Agents have been FLEO's since (I'm guessing here) around 1924. CBP Officers just recieved a similar retirement.

You would get 1.7% for the first 20 years. Your military time you buy back and any time over 20 years would be 1%. At age 57 retirement is mandatory.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
            Isn't it only 3 months that you have to wait to retake the entrance exam?
            yeah, the Officer that was there said it was only three months...but i really don't wanna wait.....good luck to the guys/gals that are waiting for the "call"...is def. worth the wait!!

Comment

• Originally posted by costeno23 View Post
              yeah, the Officer that was there said it was only three months...but i really don't wanna wait.....good luck to the guys/gals that are waiting for the "call"...is def. worth the wait!!

Believe me, 3 months is a short period of time when it comes to the wholeee process. Iv been in it since December and JUST RECENTLY started getting scheduled for stuff. RUN RUN RUN.....Take advantage of the extra 3 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by slinger2424 View Post
                Always better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6 if ya know what I mean?
                Yeah, that's a good point!

An HR guy from the cbp mentioned to me that BPA is not for everyone. It is hard on the family and they have lots of casualties - they get an internal flyer every month and they see it is becoming common when you are in the S. border. Some are accidents and some are not. gotta watch your back, I guess

BPA
                test: 04/08
                Results: Passed - 04/08
                COE Received - 05/08
                Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                Panel: 07/08: Passed
                BI: ?..
                CBPO
                test: 03/08
                Results: Passed - 04/08
                COE Received: 06/08
                Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                VBT: Passed 07/08
                BI: ???
                FBI
                Phase I: 05/08
                Results: Passed 05/08
                Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                Panel: 10/08: ???
                PFT: 11/08: ???
                USSS
                TEA test: 08/07
                Panel: 02/08

Comment

• i am going throught the process as well. they gave me a polygraph exam which i passed but i disclosed some stuff that i didnt disclose on my first application. i told them about my past drug use . i received a letter int he mail stating that im ineligible due to my illegal drug use and criminal conduct (had a dwi in 2004 but got dismissed, and discharge of a firearm in 2007 but was dismissed as well) the letter stated that i had 20 days to submit the dispositions of my charges and some other stuff... 20 days passed and didnt send anything in. 1 month after i got that letter i get a call, talking about how i have an appointment for my drug trest.. i was like what!? i thought i was rejected... so i called the hiring center and checked my info and they said i was still active in their hiring process... i told them about the letter i received and they said i could still send in that paperwork even tho my 20 days were up.... so i just sent them today.. they told me that the letter wasnt an official rejection from the process........ now on my cass everything is checked out except for BI and rev. of experience..... so i tell myself , is there still a chance?????? anyone with this same situation????? sorry for the long post...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by security58 View Post
                    i am going throught the process as well. they gave me a polygraph exam which i passed but i disclosed some stuff that i didnt disclose on my first application. i told them about my past drug use . i received a letter int he mail stating that im ineligible due to my illegal drug use and criminal conduct (had a dwi in 2004 but got dismissed, and discharge of a firearm in 2007 but was dismissed as well) the letter stated that i had 20 days to submit the dispositions of my charges and some other stuff... 20 days passed and didnt send anything in. 1 month after i got that letter i get a call, talking about how i have an appointment for my drug trest.. i was like what!? i thought i was rejected... so i called the hiring center and checked my info and they said i was still active in their hiring process... i told them about the letter i received and they said i could still send in that paperwork even tho my 20 days were up.... so i just sent them today.. they told me that the letter wasnt an official rejection from the process........ now on my cass everything is checked out except for BI and rev. of experience..... so i tell myself , is there still a chance?????? anyone with this same situation????? sorry for the long post...lol
                    You recieved a N.O.P.A....not a rejection letter. I would recomond you go over to Honorfirst.com Read the board rules, then do a search for nopa. It will give you details on how to write one up.
                    Border Patrol Process

Medical--------5/19
                    Oral Board------5/19
                    Physical Agility--5/19

Comment

• what does NOPA stand for if u dont mind me asking....

Comment

• well i sent in my disposition of my arrests and a letter stating how i changed and stuff... u know basically begging them but not really

Comment

what does NOPA stand for if u dont mind me asking....

It stands for Notice Of Proposed Action....to find you unsuitable. So what you do is respond to it and tell them why you are suitable. (there is more to it than just that). If they were asking for certain docs, track them down and send them in.

I would call the hiring center and ask them if you can still respond to it.
                          Border Patrol Process

Medical--------5/19
                          Oral Board------5/19
                          Physical Agility--5/19

Comment

i am going throught the process as well. they gave me a polygraph exam which i passed but i disclosed some stuff that i didnt disclose on my first application. i told them about my past drug use . i received a letter int he mail stating that im ineligible due to my illegal drug use and criminal conduct (had a dwi in 2004 but got dismissed, and discharge of a firearm in 2007 but was dismissed as well) the letter stated that i had 20 days to submit the dispositions of my charges and some other stuff... 20 days passed and didnt send anything in. 1 month after i got that letter i get a call, talking about how i have an appointment for my drug trest.. i was like what!? i thought i was rejected... so i called the hiring center and checked my info and they said i was still active in their hiring process... i told them about the letter i received and they said i could still send in that paperwork even tho my 20 days were up.... so i just sent them today.. they told me that the letter wasnt an official rejection from the process........ now on my cass everything is checked out except for BI and rev. of experience..... so i tell myself , is there still a chance?????? anyone with this same situation????? sorry for the long post...lol
                            While you are surfing the web looking for a different job, maybe you should look up INTEGRITY.

Comment

• Medically cleared! Finally, and met with the BI on Monday. Had those medical holds hanging over me for 45 days, feels good to have those cleared. Now I have to find proof that I did indeed pay off a Military credit card in full seven years ago..........arghhhhhh!!!!

Comment

• So a NOPA isn't an auto DQ? I have been reading posts, and it seems if you provide a good explanation on a certain situation the NOPA can be overturned?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6667 users online. 330 members and 6337 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X