300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joejones View Post
    Are you saying that the "agents" on HF are connected to Washington, D.C. and the head of Homeland Security? If so, then please educate me.
    Allow me to educate you. Believe it or not, there are Assistant Chiefs at HQ OBP that are active on that board and have weekly conversations with the people in the MHC.

Of course you're not gonna believe anything anyone says on the internet, even though everyone is supposed to believe everything you say.

I like how you put "agents" in quotes every chance you get like we're all living some mall ninja fantasy online. There's only one wannabe in this conversation, and I can assure you it's not myself or Chiken.

Welcome to ignore!

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
      i took the exam august 2009, received notice of results via mail and have not heard a peep since. it is safe to say that there may not be an open announcement in the near future due to the enormous amount of applicants already in line awaiting an academy date.
      ditto. i took the written in spring 2009. scored a 99, got my results, and never heard anything else

my cousin took it, got a 73, and got a call back

Comment

My feeling are never hurt from nonsense posted on forums. From your logic, who are you connected to in CBP to where you know for certain who, what what they are hiring? I am not so egotistical to think I would know what the big shots in D.C. are up to. If I was, I wouldn't be posting on an internet LEO forum! lol. My point is, Mr. Madchick, that the numbskulls on HR and their followers don't know diddly squat about who, when and where when it comes to policy or hiring.

When I was in the Marines, it was funny how many grunts seemed to know what Marine policy was about and what it would become. Armchair critics exists in every profession, interest and hobby. Your posts prove you are one of them. Being a CPB employee does not mean you know anything about anything regards to policy, trends, the future business practice, etc. Get real or get out.

Comment

• Like I tell my kids, CUT IT OUT!!!!

Mr. Jones
          You seem "angry". You elaborate on points that really dont matter. With that attitude you wont last long. A lot of guys on these forums give out little tidbits of information that they come across in hopes of helping others who were in their shoes at one time or another. You are spewing a bunch of crap and trying to discredit guys who are on the line, day in and day out while you sit in front of your Hello Kitty screensaver jibber jabbering a bunch of nonsense. If anything on these forums helps you out, be greatful. Take it for what its worth and move on. Stop the bickering, grow up, show you have the heart of a true marine (if you really are one) if not I'm going to have to tell your mommy! Now lets move on gentlemen with the real purpose of these forums!
          Originally posted by joejones View Post
          My feeling are never hurt from nonsense posted on forums. From your logic, who are you connected to in CBP to where you know for certain who, what what they are hiring? I am not so egotistical to think I would know what the big shots in D.C. are up to. If I was, I wouldn't be posting on an internet LEO forum! lol. My point is, Mr. Madchick, that the numbskulls on HR and their followers don't know diddly squat about who, when and where when it comes to policy or hiring.

When I was in the Marines, it was funny how many grunts seemed to know what Marine policy was about and what it would become. Armchair critics exists in every profession, interest and hobby. Your posts prove you are one of them. Being a CPB employee does not mean you know anything about anything regards to policy, trends, the future business practice, etc. Get real or get out.

Comment

Dude... I wish I knew. Should I spout off of the mouth like the "Superagents" on the HF forum like I actually know when hiring will commence? The ego-mainic "agents" on that site do that, as if they are hearing info from Janet Neopolitano herself. So in my book, your righteous honorfirst loyalty doesn't stand up to jack **** in the real world my friend. I know the guys (agents and wanabees) think they know something about what the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES will decide on. lol...lol... I, for one, do not think I am so knowledgeable to understand the U.S. politics (as you do). Are you saying that the "agents" on HF are connected to Washington, D.C. and the head of Homeland Security? If so, then please educate me. If not, then sit back and do not protect your ignorant "colleagues". Arm chair bullies exist in all forms and it seems you are not immune. I love my brothers in arms, but to the fakers, I wish you would get out of the field.

I have had major issues with the Honorfirst forums from day one. That is no secret. They (Agents on the forum) give half-truths and are only focused on treating potential Agents like ****. They are no different than any other flame-ridden forum. Bullying people (future LEOs) under the guise of "training" is ridiculous and disrespectful. After all, that is what insecure, bully types do. Have one of you HF buddies come out to CPB Headquarters and float them their uber-intellectual, point on, super observant internet chatter? My prediction is that MOST of them would be reprimanded or even FIRED for the BS they spew. I know for a fact that holding certain political and/or ethical beliefs WILL get you fired from government work. Dude...it's in the job description/contract and small print. That that sort of behavior WILL lead to termination. Need I say more?

There are a select few guys who go into oral boards who mention Honorifrst forums, like it will help them get a job. They are at a loss the second they open their mouth, IMHO. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
            Since you painted me with the others, though I strive to provide advice in a neutral tone, I'll take you up on your offer.

PM me, and I'll out myself to you and explain how I know what I know. When I post my opinion, I state such. By the way, HQ knows my screen name. Anything I say here in this forum, or on HF, I'd be happy to say to someone's face. It's easier that way.

To be honest, every time I post on the internet trying to help someone, it always bites me in the ***. I'm about done with it. I try to keep it professional and informative, but I catch myself loosing my temper from time to time.

Your opinion is yours. You're free to voice it however you want, I suppose. I once appealed to the agents who frequent this board to let this back and forth nonsense about people's attitudes and percieved lack of respect drop for the sake of the thread. I'm now asking you to do so, for the sake of this thread. Just let it go. You've made your point. You don't like the HF forums and you think ALL OF US, YES EVERY SINGLE AGENT ON THAT BOARD, put out bad info. Okay. I respect your opinion. I disagree, but, I doubt I can change your opinion in this forum or any other.

Sorry if I sound a little miffed, I feel somewhat insulted that you called me a liar, but I'll get over it, I promise.

Let me sum it up. Contact me via PM and I'll talk with you there if you like.

Please cease the flaming and let this discussion continue to be helpful posts to BPA applicants.

I wish you good fortune in your endeavors. Stay safe.

Comment

• To the Agents who post here,

Please let the matter drop. This thread has been threatened with deletion once before. Let's not let it get to that. It's pretty simple, Brothers. Just keep your fingers off the keyboard.

Stay safe out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
                Since you painted me with the others, though I strive to provide advice in a neutral tone, I'll take you up on your offer.

PM me, and I'll out myself to you and explain how I know what I know. When I post my opinion, I state such. By the way, HQ knows my screen name. Anything I say here in this forum, or on HF, I'd be happy to say to someone's face. It's easier that way.

To be honest, every time I post on the internet trying to help someone, it always bites me in the ***. I'm about done with it. I try to keep it professional and informative, but I catch myself loosing my temper from time to time.

Your opinion is yours. You're free to voice it however you want, I suppose. I once appealed to the agents who frequent this board to let this back and forth nonsense about people's attitudes and percieved lack of respect drop for the sake of the thread. I'm now asking you to do so, for the sake of this thread. Just let it go. You've made your point. You don't like the HF forums and you think ALL OF US, YES EVERY SINGLE AGENT ON THAT BOARD, put out bad info. Okay. I respect your opinion. I disagree, but, I doubt I can change your opinion in this forum or any other.

Sorry if I sound a little miffed, I feel somewhat insulted that you called me a liar, but I'll get over it, I promise.

Let me sum it up. Contact me via PM and I'll talk with you there if you like.

Please cease the flaming and let this discussion continue to be helpful posts to BPA applicants.

I wish you good fortune in your endeavors. Stay safe.
                Solo,

I would never mean ALL Agents are lumped in. Sorry my post came across like that and I did not personally call you a liar. You sound like a passionate guy, like myself. Like many of you, I try not to post in a p.c. way, so sometimes my words come off as strong or "seem" to say this or that. The internet has a way of fogging things and not being clear. My issue is, and has always been with the types who bully others and claim to know everything. Agents on Honorfirst more often than not come across the internet forum as the definitive, last word, know it all source for CPB information. I also see them treating potential interns like utter crap (they call it "training"), unless they buy every opinion and idea hook, line and sinker. My original post was in response to the guy who said "I heard on HF that...". Again, unless the info is directly from an official CPB site, then the info on HF needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I was then promptly berated by a HF supporter because apparently, I don't know anything.

My personality doesn't allow me to believe everything I hear without research and common sense. Arming people with wisdom (ability to self-teach and understand) far trumps giving them simple knowledge. I prefer the "teach them to fish" mentality. Is that reasonable? Not to HF bullies. If this were so, they would say their typical "do a search" line WITHOUT then berating and humiliating them in the same thread. That behavior is counterproductive and says to me that the Agents on HF prefer to tell and order, not teach. I am just miffed sometimes by what I read online, not just here, but everywhere. Do some people not worry that their bosses may be reading?

I personally know very little about anything in life, especially the government! But... I'm always learning. This topic has gone off course and I agree Solo...let's get back to business!

Comment

• joejones,

There is nothing wrong with you disagreeing with the way the Agents respond to questions; I'll agree that at times they can be abrasive. But consider for a moment that they are spending their valuable time-off on the forum and have very little patience for the applicants that refuse to spend two or three minutes reading the rules and another few minutes using the search feature. It is simple; it is a forum created, maintained and run by Agents and you are simply asked to play by their rules. The first page of the forum says "STOP! READ!" in big bright letters. The first sentence of the next line reads "Use the Search Feature." Some new users don't read those six words, let alone the whole first page, and are therefore met with a little resistance. However, those who have read the rules, abide by them, and take the initiative to use the search feature are treated with a great deal of respect. Frankly, it is my non-expert opinion that those whom utilize the search feature should almost never have to ask a question.

Best of luck joejones, and to all in the process. Agents, keep on posting, we appreciate it.

Comment

• Bad News

Okay.

Here are some facts that have been put out pretty much throughout the USBP:

Positions on the southern border were reduced. I don't remember by how many, but it was right around 500. This doesn't mean that people are being laid off, it merely means that when those positions become vacant, they won't be re-staffed.

Pax strength on the southern border is currently around 2000 bodies over authorized levels. Hiring was forcasted based on previous attrition rates, and current attrition rates did not match up. New agents may be hired to bring specific stations up to authorized manning levels. As there is no money for transfers, overstrength stations will not be transferring agents to under strength stations. This may change.

There are definate budget considerations going on right now. Budget issues have been hammered home several times at muster at my station. Speaking to my colleagues at other stations have confirmed it at other stations too. I won't get into them in a public forum. I'm sure you all, being reasonably intelligent people, can do your own homework on that.

I don't have much information about the northern border. I'm quite certain that if their budget issues match ours, then there won't be many more agents hired for the northern border either.

You see, payroll is part of the budget. National budget. Sector budget. Station budget.

Now for the part most of you are really not going to like to read.

The hiring push is over. The days of going from testing to Artesia in 90 days are gone, in my opinion. Several years ago, it took as much as three years to get hired. It's looking like it's back to being that way again. Expect testing scores to begin to have a bearing on getting a tentative offer. Expect long, long waits in the Training and Scheduling Unit. That is the way it was before the hiring push, and I feel that it will return to that way.

Settle down for a long wait. Don't pin all your hopes on the USBP. Apply to other agencies. Work on and maintain your physical fitness.(With the new pre-academy fitness test, this will be vitally important.) Learn some Spanish. Keep your background clean. This was the advice given to me when I applied a few years ago. It worked then and it will work now.

For those of you who would like to PM me with specific questions, feel free. If I don't know, I'll tell you that I don't. I'll do my best.

To all of you, may fortune favor your endeavors. Stay safe out there.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Well i got the call today that I have past the req.,,,, all green check marks on CASS.............. Im sure I have a long long wait in TSU. My timeline looks like this.

Feb 09 test- passed 91%
                        Feb 09- tentative offer
                        March 09- drug test(passed)
                        March 09- PT/Medical(passed)
                        March 09-Qualified at grade 7
                        April 09-Interview(passed)
                        August 09-Contacted by BI
                        Jan 10- Background cleard

Comment

• Average wait time in TSU?

Congratulations ajeezy! Hopefully you won't be waiting too long in TSU. My paperwork was sent to TSU on Sep 09 and hopefully I will be attending the academy soon. Does anyone on this board knows the average wait period at TSU? I recently been honorably discharged from the Army and I'm wondering if I should wait to be called by MHS or if I should start looking for local jobs? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for starting this board, all the information has been very helpful.

Nov 08 test - passed 92%
                          Nov 08 - tentative offer
                          Dec 08 - Medical/PT (passed)
                          Dec 08 - Oral Interview (passed)
                          Jan 09 - drug test (passed)
                          Mar 09 - Polygraph (passed)
                          Apr 09 - GL-7
                          May 09 - Contacted by BI
                          Sep 09 - Background cleared, paperwork sent to TSU
                          Last edited by DSL22; 01-04-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                            Solo are you guys getting any 45act in your neck of the woods?
                            Negatron

Comment

• If you just got discharged from the Army, I am pretty sure you are familiar with the term "Hurry up and wait". Army= Gov and CBP= Gov. I recommend you find a job. You are ahead of alot of people in TSU, but as Solohamer has just said... the hiring has slowed down. But seeing that this is the Gov, it could pick up soon. Also stay in shape and good luck.
                              Apr 09--Took test
                              Sept 09--Med/Fit test
                              Sept 09--Drug test
                              Sept 09--Oral Board Interview
                              Oct 09--BI Interview
                              Nov09--TSU!!!

Comment

• Thanks for the advice Razor,

I heard about the hiring slowing down, I heard that it may take 10 - 12 months to be called once the paperwork has been sent to TSU. I'm staying in shape and have started looking for a local job, I just didn't want a company to spend money training me for a job for me to quit on them if I get called to the CBP academy in 2 - 3 months. How is TSU wait period determined? by location preference? test score? by time entered TSU?

Thank you and any information is greatly appreciated.
                                Last edited by DSL22; 01-06-2010, 04:29 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17971 users online. 502 members and 17469 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X