Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^ X2, wear a suit, and be honest. They know you have no experience with the BP so just answer truthfully and not what you think they wanna hear!! Good luck..

Comment

• Thanks fellas. I'll def wear a suit. I'm thinking either navy or grey. The letter said to bring a resume, is there anything else I should bring (i.e. supporting documents, DD214 etc)? Also, are they gonna go over my application material? because at the time I filled out my questionnaires I had never been involved in an accident but since then I was in one. And since I've been out of the army I've been wearing facial hair, always neat though. Will this cost me points on the interview? Lastly, will they tell me the same day whether or not I passed?

Comment

• Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
        Thanks fellas. I'll def wear a suit. I'm thinking either navy or grey. The letter said to bring a resume, is there anything else I should bring (i.e. supporting documents, DD214 etc)? Also, are they gonna go over my application material? because at the time I filled out my questionnaires I had never been involved in an accident but since then I was in one. And since I've been out of the army I've been wearing facial hair, always neat though. Will this cost me points on the interview? Lastly, will they tell me the same day whether or not I passed?
        Well, I would suggest you go in with a clean shave. This is a para-Military organization and you should probably go in abiding by the policies from the gate. You might not need the Documents but its not a bad idea to have them with you just in case. I wasn't asked for any of that but you never know. I'm pretty sure they will let you know the same day whether you passed or not. That's the way it was with my OB and everyone else I have talked to. One more thing, be there early! They tend to remember anything that stands out.....bad or good! Don't be that guy. Good luck!

Comment

• Definitely do these:
          1. Suit and tie
          2. Clean shave
          3. Take documents (shouldn't ask for them, but don't be "that guy")
          4. Be confident in your answers

The 3 BP's at my oral board were pretty laid back and allowed us to ask questions about BP before hand. There were only 3 of us and they called us in before the actual interviews started. I think it helped break the ice and calmed things down.

Good luck. Let us know how it went.
          Apr 09--Took test
          Sept 09--Med/Fit test
          Sept 09--Drug test
          Sept 09--Oral Board Interview
          Oct 09--BI Interview
          Nov09--TSU!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
            thank the Lord Almighty, I've finally received my interview date! This and my background are the only things remaining. Is there any non confidential info anyone can provide about the interview?
            There are some good pointers here like a suit and tie, haircut, SSS, etc... Look presentable, be respectful. I'm sure your looking for a good job, you've made it this far so I'm assuming your interested in it. BP is a good job overall. It used to be a lot more exciting, but its still fun. Ask questions! There will be time for that and agents are more than willing to answer your questions. Put your common sense hat on and you will be fine. Nothing better in an interview than a squared away guy. Bring your paperwork, might or might not need it, you never know. Bring your spouse (if you have one) they might have some questions that the agents will be more than happy to answer. Trust me, done quite a few of these (as a panel memeber) myself!

Comment

• Thanks a lot!

Comment

• Well, I have some depressing news.... I just read over at honorfirst that they only need approximately another 90 bodies to fill all the NB vacancies. I think that with my TSU date of 27 NOV means I missed the boat.
                Apr 09--Took test
                Sept 09--Med/Fit test
                Sept 09--Drug test
                Sept 09--Oral Board Interview
                Oct 09--BI Interview
                Nov09--TSU!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Razorback09 View Post
                  Well, I have some depressing news.... I just read over at honorfirst that they only need approximately another 90 bodies to fill all the NB vacancies. I think that with my TSU date of 27 NOV means I missed the boat.
                  Honorfirst IS NOT a CBP affiliated site. Do not believe anything you read over there without taking a grain of salt with it. From my brief time I spent there, there are very, very few facts on that forum. Most of the posts are just fame wars from the armchair bully types. Believe what you want. The government changes like the wind blows. Stay positive!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringe View Post
                    Does anyone know when another BPA announcement will be posted?
                    Originally posted by SHU View Post
                    Nobody knows. It could be years.
                    i took the exam august 2009, received notice of results via mail and have not heard a peep since. it is safe to say that there may not be an open announcement in the near future due to the enormous amount of applicants already in line awaiting an academy date.

Comment

• Originally posted by joejones View Post
                      Honorfirst IS NOT a CBP affiliated site. Do not believe anything you read over there without taking a grain of salt with it. From my brief time I spent there, there are very, very few facts on that forum. Most of the posts are just fame wars from the armchair bully types. Believe what you want. The government changes like the wind blows. Stay positive!
                      Yeah! I wouldn't believe the GS14/15's ACPA's in DC that post over there either, even though they talk to MHC weekly if not more often. I also wouldn't believe anyone over there actually talks to anyone at MHC since everytime they say something is about to happen, it does...

So Mr. JONES, tell everyone when they will be hired and where since you have better intel than the current agents, supervisors, and management.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                        Yeah! I wouldn't believe the GS14/15's ACPA's in DC that post over there either, even though they talk to MHC weekly if not more often. I also wouldn't believe anyone over there actually talks to anyone at MHC since everytime they say something is about to happen, it does...

So Mr. JONES, tell everyone when they will be hired and where since you have better intel than the current agents, supervisors, and management.

Dude... I wish I knew. Should I spout off of the mouth like the "Superagents" on the HF forum like I actually know when hiring will commence? The ego-mainic "agents" on that site do that, as if they are hearing info from Janet Neopolitano herself. So in my book, your righteous honorfirst loyalty doesn't stand up to jack **** in the real world my friend. I know the guys (agents and wanabees) think they know something about what the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES will decide on. lol...lol... I, for one, do not think I am so knowledgeable to understand the U.S. politics (as you do). Are you saying that the "agents" on HF are connected to Washington, D.C. and the head of Homeland Security? If so, then please educate me. If not, then sit back and do not protect your ignorant "colleagues". Arm chair bullies exist in all forms and it seems you are not immune. I love my brothers in arms, but to the fakers, I wish you would get out of the field.

I have had major issues with the Honorfirst forums from day one. That is no secret. They (Agents on the forum) give half-truths and are only focused on treating potential Agents like ****. They are no different than any other flame-ridden forum. Bullying people (future LEOs) under the guise of "training" is ridiculous and disrespectful. After all, that is what insecure, bully types do. Have one of you HF buddies come out to CPB Headquarters and float them their uber-intellectual, point on, super observant internet chatter? My prediction is that MOST of them would be reprimanded or even FIRED for the BS they spew. I know for a fact that holding certain political and/or ethical beliefs WILL get you fired from government work. Dude...it's in the job description/contract and small print. That that sort of behavior WILL lead to termination. Need I say more?

There are a select few guys who go into oral boards who mention Honorifrst forums, like it will help them get a job. They are at a loss the second they open their mouth, IMHO. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Comment

Should I spout off of the mouth like the "Superagents" on the HF forum like I actually know when hiring will commence?
                          I would guess not, since MHC doesn't call you and ask that you let everyone on this forum know what to expect in the near future.

The ego-mainic "agents" on that site do that, as if they are hearing info from Janet Neopolitano herself. So in my book, your righteous honorfirst loyalty doesn't stand up to jack **** in the real world my friend. I know the guys (agents and wanabees) think they know something about what the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES will decide on. lol...lol... I, for one, do not think I am so knowledgeable to understand the U.S. politics (as you do). Are you saying that the "agents" on HF are connected to Washington, D.C. and the head of Homeland Security? If so, then please educate me. If not, then sit back and do not protect your ignorant "colleagues". Arm chair bullies exist in all forms and it seems you are not immune. I love my brothers in arms, but to the fakers, I wish you would get out of the field.
                          Yes, since you seem to have missed this in previous posts, some of your so called "internet bullies" are agents detailed to or permanently assigned to OBP HQ. Some may even be intimately involved in the hiring process. Others are academy instructors and supervisors, others are FTO's and FTU Supervisors, the rest are a mix of GL-5 trainees to GS-14/15 PAIC's and A-Chiefs across the country.

I have had major issues with the Honorfirst forums from day one.
                          Sounds like a personal problem...

They (Agents on the forum) give half-truths and are only focused on treating potential Agents like ****. They are no different than any other flame-ridden forum. Bullying people (future LEOs) under the guise of "training" is ridiculous and disrespectful. After all, that is what insecure, bully types do.
                          I've never been bullied or given bad info from that site. Maybe that is because I decided to abide by the rules that the site's creators put in place and was respectful towards those who spent their free time helping me. Maybe that's why I decided to go back after being hired and pay it forward.

Have one of you HF buddies come out to CPB Headquarters and float them their uber-intellectual, point on, super observant internet chatter? My prediction is that MOST of them would be reprimanded or even FIRED for the BS they spew. I know for a fact that holding certain political and/or ethical beliefs WILL get you fired from government work. Dude...it's in the job description/contract and small print. That that sort of behavior WILL lead to termination. Need I say more?
                          If by CPB you mean CBP, feel free to stop by the Ronald Reagan Building where, as I stated, some of your "internet bullies" work and demand they are immediately terminated because they hurt your feelings!

Ignorance is bliss I guess.
                          Yup!

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post

If by CPB you mean CBP, feel free to stop by the Ronald Reagan Building where, as I stated, some of your "internet bullies" work and demand they are immediately terminated because they hurt your feelings!

Yup!
                            My feeling are never hurt from nonsense posted on forums. From your logic, who are you connected to in CBP to where you know for certain who, what what they are hiring? I am not so egotistical to think I would know what the big shots in D.C. are up to. If I was, I wouldn't be posting on an internet LEO forum! lol. My point is, Mr. Madchick, that the numbskulls on HR and their followers don't know diddly squat about who, when and where when it comes to policy or hiring.

When I was in the Marines, it was funny how many grunts seemed to know what Marine policy was about and what it would become. Armchair critics exists in every profession, interest and hobby. Your posts prove you are one of them. Being a CPB employee does not mean you know anything about anything regards to policy, trends, the future business practice, etc. Get real or get out.

Comment

My feeling are never hurt from nonsense posted on forums. From your logic, who are you connected to in CBP to where you know for certain who, what what they are hiring? I am not so egotistical to think I would know what the big shots in D.C. are up to. If I was, I wouldn't be posting on an internet LEO forum! lol. My point is, Mr. Madchick, that the numbskulls on HR and their followers don't know diddly squat about who, when and where when it comes to policy or hiring.

When I was in the Marines, it was funny how many grunts seemed to know what Marine policy was about and what it would become. Armchair critics exists in every profession, interest and hobby. Your posts prove you are one of them. Being a CPB employee does not mean you know anything about anything regards to policy, trends, the future business practice, etc. Get real or get out.
                              I promise you, you don't make any sense. So just take your own advice.

Madchicken, and the others at HF website has been of great assistance to those who aspire to become Border Patrol Agents. If you disagree, and don't like what's going on here or there, just don't visit the sites. Simple. So I think we should just agree to disagree. Get real or get out.

Comment

I don't recall saying that I am connected to anyone, nor do I recall saying I was the all-knowing. But I know enough to know who to listen to about hiring trends and policies before and after they officailly come out.

The only thing wose than some boot on the ground thinking they know it all is someone who hasn't even put the boots on and still thinks they know it all!

You, sir, are nothing more than a tool and a troll. You are who the rest of us call "that guy."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5478 users online. 233 members and 5245 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X