Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh man I hope thats not true. Before I applied I was told by a BP recruiter at a job fair that I would be at the Academy 4-6 months after I tested. I tested back in February. I did the smart thing and kept my current job of course but I'm at the point where I need to make a move and quick because my family is about to get one bigger. I hate to say it but if that 10-12 month rumor is true for SB applicants than I might just go back to active duty and roll the dice.
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

BP
    Written Test - 2/14/2009 Passed
    Medical Exam - 3/13/2009 Passed
    Fitness Test - 3/13/2009 Passed
    Drug Screening - 4/24/2009 Passed
    Structured Interview - 4/29/2009 Passed
    Pre-Employment Forms - Received
    Qualifications - GL-7
    Background Investigation - Met with BI 7/22/2009

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
    Written Test - 5/27/2009 Passed
    NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

• Like I said...I personally did not talk to MHC. But you might want to give TSU a call. I am kind of in the same bucket as you. I have 2 kids 1 on the way and laid off. I almost joined back with the Air Force due to financial problems. But I will work at burger king for a while if I have to. This is an opportunity I can not pass. You should hop on Honorfirst.com and go to the forums. There is a lot of info there. If you do call, please let us know what you found out. Good Luck
      Apr 09--Took test
      Sept 09--Med/Fit test
      Sept 09--Drug test
      Sept 09--Oral Board Interview
      Oct 09--BI Interview
      Nov09--TSU!!!

Comment

• Straight from a TSU employee: "we have met our quota for SB and will be calling NB applicants only until March when we will begin calling SB applicants again"
        "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
        George Orwell

BP
        Qualifications - GL-7

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
        NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

• March is a better than 10-12 months. So are you gonna stick it out?
          Apr 09--Took test
          Sept 09--Med/Fit test
          Sept 09--Drug test
          Sept 09--Oral Board Interview
          Oct 09--BI Interview
          Nov09--TSU!!!

Comment

• Well I think its more complicated than that. I just browsed Honorfirst and it seems as though the they still have some SB applicants from May that haven't received the call. In March they will probably be the first called to move through and then they have to get June, July, all the people from early and middle august, then people like me, then october, then all the november TSU applicants like you. So I think I see where they got that 10-12 month number. I don't know at this point about sticking it out. I would like to say yes but who can really say that in 10-12 months they aren't going to say it will be another 10-12 months. I'm not trying to discourage anybody but I personally have to re-evaluate my options. I want to work for BP more than anything but family first and I need to find a career.
            George Orwell

BP
            Qualifications - GL-7

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
            NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Well I left active duty and joined the NG to go to school and I graduated with a B.A. last fall. I was rolling around the idea of going back to active duty for OCS when I became interested in federal law enforcement. Border Patrol interested me the most so thats what I've been pursuing. I actually don't really care where I go. I just chose the SB because that is what was open and seemed to be where there was the greatest demand. Its tough, one second i'm thinking that I'll just stick it out and wait because its what I want to do, then the next second I'm thinking "**** man I graduated a year ago" and its time to start providing for my family more than this life of living paycheck to paycheck like we have this last year. I guess I just have some figuring to do.
                George Orwell

BP
                Qualifications - GL-7

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
                NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OEFvet83 View Post
                    Well I left active duty and joined the NG to go to school and I graduated with a B.A. last fall. I was rolling around the idea of going back to active duty for OCS when I became interested in federal law enforcement. Border Patrol interested me the most so thats what I've been pursuing. I actually don't really care where I go. I just chose the SB because that is what was open and seemed to be where there was the greatest demand. Its tough, one second i'm thinking that I'll just stick it out and wait because its what I want to do, then the next second I'm thinking "**** man I graduated a year ago" and its time to start providing for my family more than this life of living paycheck to paycheck like we have this last year. I guess I just have some figuring to do.
                    If you have any 9/11 GI Bill months left, take a year of graduate school. I dont know where you are located but maybe the BAH they'll give you combined with some other menial job will give you enough money to stay afloat til you are called. Thats my plan, Ill be finished with school in June and if I dont have a LE job I'm gonna try to transition immediately into grad school and find a job at wal-mart or something.

Comment

• Does anyone know when another BPA announcement will be posted? I'd relocate anywhere!

Comment

• Originally posted by mil_intel_sgt View Post
                        I'm gonna try to transition immediately into grad school and find a job at wal-mart or something.

Lovely new look, wonderful door greeters, and they don't make you wait years on end to actually hire- what more could you ask for??
                        Timelines:

CBPO
                        App: 2/12/09
                        Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                        Written: 2/20/09
                        NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                        TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                        App: 5/5/09
                        Geo: San Diego
                        Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                        NOR: 7/20/09
                        Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                        TO: 10/6/09
                        Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                        Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                        Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                        App: 8/17/10
                        Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                        TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by DCH View Post
                            Lovely new look, wonderful door greeters, and they don't make you wait years on end to actually hire- what more could you ask for??
                            Sometimes I wish I was working at wal mart, at least on black friday I would get some of the good specials first!LOL

Comment

• thank the Lord Almighty, I've finally received my interview date! This and my background are the only things remaining. Is there any non confidential info anyone can provide about the interview?

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5315 users online. 254 members and 5061 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X