Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by schmidlapp View Post
    And keep waiting!!

Once your file is in TSU, it may be 120 days before you receive the job offer.
    The 120 day number has been increased to 150+ upwards of a year depending on which border you applied for. The NB applicants are still seeing offers and EOD somewhere around the 90-100 day mark. There are many SB applicants currently in the 150+ window with no end in the very near future. Be patient, and stay in shape.

Comment

• My background investigation has been going on for about 3 months now. I just got an email with attachments stating that I need to do the PFT2 and I need to return the paper with location preference by dec 4. If I received a notice for the PFT2 am I anywhere close to being sent to TSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by Armyguy83 View Post
        My background investigation has been going on for about 3 months now. I just got an email with attachments stating that I need to do the PFT2 and I need to return the paper with location preference by dec 4. If I received a notice for the PFT2 am I anywhere close to being sent to TSU?
        My background was sent in by my BI in September and I am also still waiting. It sounds like that email went out to all applicants. I was hoping the same thing when I received it today, but I think it's wishful thinking. Good luck to you!

Comment

• For any one whose heart isn't quite in this as a career, as a way of life. I have been in the exact spot that my classmate was murdered several hundred times. Are you ready to fight for your life against multiple attackers?

United States Attorney Karen P. Hewitt
          Southern District of California

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2009

DEFENDANT PLEADS GUILTY TO MURDER CHARGE FOR THE DEATH
          OF U.S. CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION
          BORDER PATROL AGENT ROBERT W. ROSAS, JR.

San Diego, CA - United States Attorney Karen P. Hewitt announced the filing of an information and the guilty plea today of an individual involved in the death of Customs and Border Protection Border Patrol Agent Robert W. Rosas, Jr. Agent Rosas was shot and killed on July 23, 2009, while he was on a routine patrol near San Diego, California. The information charges the defendant with the murder of a federal officer committed in perpetration of a robbery.

According to the plea agreement, Christian Daniel Castro-Alvarez, age 17, admitted that during the evening of July 23, 2009, he illegally entered the United States for the purpose of robbing a Border Patrol agent of government property. While Agent Rosas was engaged in the performance of his duties, Castro-Alvarez and his co-conspirators lured Agent Rosas out of his vehicle for the purpose of robbing him. During the course of the robbery, Agent Rosas and the defendant struggled over a firearm and Agent Rosas was shot multiple times by the defendant and one or more of the co-conspirators. Agent Rosas died as a result of the shots fired by one or more of the co-conspirators.

The defendant appeared before the Honorable M. James Lorenz, United States District Court Judge, this morning for a motion to transfer proceedings against a juvenile to adult criminal prosecution. He was later arraigned on the information and entered a guilty plea. According to documents submitted in district court in connection with the hearing today, the defendant was a minor at the time the offense was committed and he voluntarily surrendered to the United States to face criminal charges.

“Border Patrol Agent Robert Rosas was killed in the line of duty bravely protecting our border. Our nation owes him and his family a great debt of gratitude for his ultimate sacrifice in service of our country. Today's guilty plea is an important step in seeking justice on behalf of Agent Rosas,” said United States Attorney Hewitt.

United States Attorney Hewitt also noted that, “since July 23, 2009, when this tragic incident occurred, federal agents and prosecutors together spent countless hours focused on this investigation. Our work on this case is not yet done, but I want to extend my deep appreciation to all of them for
          what they have achieved thus far and for their shared commitment to justice. The agents of the FBI San Diego Field Division deserve special thanks for their swift, professional, and comprehensive action in investigating Agent Rosas' death.”

San Diego FBI Special Agent in Charge Keith Slotter commented, “While the investigation is ongoing, today’s plea marks a significant day in this case. The night Agent Rosas was killed we all lost a brave officer whose mission was to defend our country from threats both domestic and abroad. We recognize the ultimate sacrifice Agent Rosas paid protecting this country. I am proud of the hard work our agents and the U.S. Attorney’s Office have put into bringing this individual to justice.”

The defendant is scheduled to appear next on February 19, 2010 at 10:30 a.m., before Judge Lorenz for sentencing. The investigation was assisted by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Customs and Border Protection U.S. Border Patrol, and the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department. The case
          is being prosecuted in San Diego federal court by Assistant U.S. Attorneys

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Armyguy83 View Post
              My background investigation has been going on for about 3 months now. I just got an email with attachments stating that I need to do the PFT2 and I need to return the paper with location preference by dec 4. If I received a notice for the PFT2 am I anywhere close to being sent to TSU?
              Stay positive and keep you hopes high, but in reality there is no correlation between TSU and receiving that email. That email went out to all applicants in various stages of the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
                I took the BPA test the other day - Man, that what was the easiest ever. I finished one section 1:15 hr earlier and was allowed to leave and come back when time was up. I went to the mall shopping, got luch, looked around, made some calls and then came back for more.

No disrespect to anyone in the BPA but I noticed a whole lot of people taking the test looked like they had never worked out in their life. Does the BPA hire anyone ?
                Not to call you a liar but I've taken the test and got a pretty high score, if you finished that early I would be a little worried. In addition, with an hour and fifteen to spare, you left the building and went to the mall? Thats a gutsy move considering different possible variables. Where was your test located? Which city and fed building was close enough to the mall?

Comment

• As somebody who has made it through the hiring process I can say that if you judge the BP by who shows up on test day you are in for a rude awakening. Of the 110 slobs and out of work civilians who took the test with me only about 40 passed, some more were DQ by medical, PT test, and Drug Screening or by not submitting their paperwork on time. So of the 40 that passed the test about 20 showed up to the Oral Board. One female left due to her "moral repulsion" to a BP "motivational video" showing pursuits and arrests. Of the 19 that actually interviewed only myself and another guy passed. So of the original 110 only even made it to the Background Check. I'm not sure if this has been everybody's experience but the field narrows pretty quickly.
                  "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                  George Orwell

BP
                  Written Test - 2/14/2009 Passed
                  Medical Exam - 3/13/2009 Passed
                  Fitness Test - 3/13/2009 Passed
                  Drug Screening - 4/24/2009 Passed
                  Structured Interview - 4/29/2009 Passed
                  Pre-Employment Forms - Received
                  Qualifications - GL-7
                  Background Investigation - Met with BI 7/22/2009

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
                  Written Test - 5/27/2009 Passed
                  NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

• I dont know about easy, if you work hard and study, yes you can pass but i can tell you tht 350 people took the test with me and only about 75 of us passed.

Comment

• Daily PT?

Anyone hear the latest rumor regarding 45 mins of mandatory daily PT for PAs? Pay me to work-out during my 10 hour day and I'll still have a smile on my face for that last rep

Comment

• Originally posted by JobMePlease View Post
                        Anyone hear the latest rumor regarding 45 mins of mandatory daily PT for PAs? Pay me to work-out during my 10 hour day and I'll still have a smile on my face for that last rep
                        FALSE

Comment

• Originally posted by JobMePlease View Post
                          Many of us get several hours PT every day. Its called get out of your truck and chase down that group that's an hour in front of you.

Comment

• //..................
                            Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              Last edited by mil_intel_sgt; 11-25-2010, 02:26 AM.

Comment

• Okay, so I just updated my "time line". I also contacted TSU to see how long of a wait I will have. They told me 4-6 months from TSU date. This applies to NB only and is just an estimate. Apparently its going to be a while for the SB applicants to get "the phone call". I read in another forum it was approximately 10-12 months. But that I don't know for sure. As I did not personally talk to someone from MHC. Any ways good luck to all....
                                Apr 09--Took test
                                Sept 09--Med/Fit test
                                Sept 09--Drug test
                                Sept 09--Oral Board Interview
                                Oct 09--BI Interview
                                Nov09--TSU!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6488 users online. 455 members and 6033 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X