Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-4, that's what I was thinking, but learned long ago its not wise to assume.

Comment

• Well on a lighter note, I cleared medical! Now all I have to do is have my interview rescheduled and pass my backround check. And in case anyone is wondering, MHC received my additional medical info on the 24th of October and I got my green check today. Thanks to all the Agents who've helped me through this long process, your info has been invaluable.

Anyone happen to know how long it takes to have an interview rescheduled? Mine was initially for Sept. 17th and I asked for the rescheduling in late August. I have to interview in Chicago if that helps any.

Comment

• Marcvann-

You talking about the Oral Board, or the Subject Interview with the Background Investigator?

Comment

• the oral board

Comment

• Ah, it might be a while for that since they'd need about a weeks worth of applicants before scheduling Agents to travel there for the interviews. I'd contact MHC though and see if you can grease the skids or at least get a ball park date.

Comment

• what is the number to MHC?

Comment

• I would like to know the number for MHC as well if anyone can help?

Comment

• Did anyone think to look at the announcement or any of their paperwork they received from MHC?

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                    Did anyone think to look at the announcement or any of their paperwork they received from MHC?
                    That would require actual work, which seems to be anathema to some of the current crop of applicants. Folks, much of what you seek can be found either in paperwork you have already received, going to the announcement, or by even devoting five minutes of your life by doing some research in the internet, looking at prior posts, etc. I cannot stress this enough: do not wait until you arrive at Artesia to start doing things for yourself. It will behoove you to begin this now, today, this minute. Madchicken and I fully understand that one of the facets of this forum is to provide information, but alot of what is being asked can, and should, be looked for by using a small amount of self-initiative. Again, do not wait until you arrive at Artesia to develop this talent.
                    sigpicTwo is one,
                    one is none.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
                      That would require actual work, which seems to be anathema to some of the current crop of applicants. Folks, much of what you seek can be found either in paperwork you have already received, going to the announcement, or by even devoting five minutes of your life by doing some research in the internet, looking at prior posts, etc. I cannot stress this enough: do not wait until you arrive at Artesia to start doing things for yourself. It will behoove you to begin this now, today, this minute. Madchicken and I fully understand that one of the facets of this forum is to provide information, but alot of what is being asked can, and should, be looked for by using a small amount of self-initiative. Again, do not wait until you arrive at Artesia to develop this talent.
                      Madchicken and Twoisone are right, you guys need to start being self-sufficient. Take it from someone who just finished the Academy basic program. If you think information is going to be handed to you here you are wrong...way wrong. I can speak from experience that all the information most you have been looking for in these forums is in the paperwork you have been sent and in the original job posting you applied under. Have you tried Google????? Honorfirst?????

You also need to learn some patience, it took me over a year to get my call so you need to stop whining about how long it takes; this is the Federal Government. The only thing they do fast is print and spend money. Use your time waiting to start running, doing push-ups, sit-ups, attempting to learn Spanish. Quit whining and start preparing for the job of your life! Oh, and if you think you can run...run some more. The instructors here will smoke you.

Comment

• Just to clear some things up so I do not get a reputation on here for being "lazy" or part of the "poor applicant pool." I was on active duty oconus and had all my BP stuff sent to my home of record (I was about to pcs), and my sister just read me all my info and when I finally got home she couldnt remember where she put it, so I did not have any of my paperwork readily available. I did eventually get the info from the internet though. Furthermore, I posted that thinking the agent who had responded to me previously was online and I would get another response within a few minutes and when I did not I got the intel on my own. Sorry if I wasted anyones time with such a easily answered question because I have gotten a wealth of knowledge off of this forum.

Comment

• Also, I was reading on another forum that in Texas some officers give BPA's a hard time about their status and ability to carry off duty. Is there any truth to these claims, and if so are they recent?

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                            Also, I was reading on another forum that in Texas some officers give BPA's a hard time about their status and ability to carry off duty. Is there any truth to these claims, and if so are they recent?
                            In most places along the border you will encounter animosity between PD's and BPA's. For whatever reasons there are some officers who dont like PA's and viceversa. Your a PA 24hrs and your a FLEO, no one can question your abilty to carry 24hrs. Just dont do it to go into MEX and into a bar, big NO-NO's. No reason to. Just remember you cant buy common sense!

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                              Also, I was reading on another forum that in Texas some officers give BPA's a hard time about their status and ability to carry off duty. Is there any truth to these claims, and if so are they recent?
                              I used to be stationed in Texas. At the station that I was at, almost all of the local Sheriff's and DPS Officers got along with us fine. Our authority to carry is Federal, and they cannot challenge it anyway. There was one DPS officer that did seem to have a thing for messing with Border Patrol Agents. He challenged one of my friends regarding his right to carry a weapon and actually unloaded his gun on a traffic stop. My friend reported the incident to DPS headquarters and that officer was disciplined. Shortly after, that officer was arrested for corruption. Aside form that one idiot, we never had any problems with local police or the Texas DPS. In the area of Texas that I was in (Kingsville/Corpus Christi), officers from other agencies were very good about helping us out when things went bad. Just remember that Texas is a big state, so YMMV. From my experience though, most LE (at least in South Texas) are very supportive of other LEOs.

Comment

• The waiting game

And keep waiting!!

Here is the latest from human resources:

Your background investigation was initiated on 6/12/09 and that process may take 6 months to clear. Once your have cleared all pre-employment processes you are referred to Training & Scheduling. Once your file is in TSU, it may be 120 days before you receive the job offer.

HR Assistant

Border Patrol Staffing

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10688 users online. 393 members and 10295 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X