Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow... I was placed in TSU 8/25/2009 and was under the impression I would spend no longer than 90 days waiting. And now the chatter is a wait of 4-6 months. BP better be the best damn job on the planet, lol.
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

BP
    Written Test - 2/14/2009 Passed
    Medical Exam - 3/13/2009 Passed
    Fitness Test - 3/13/2009 Passed
    Drug Screening - 4/24/2009 Passed
    Structured Interview - 4/29/2009 Passed
    Pre-Employment Forms - Received
    Qualifications - GL-7
    Background Investigation - Met with BI 7/22/2009

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
    Written Test - 5/27/2009 Passed
    NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

• During the first half of this decade the TSU wait was usually 12-18 months.
      The BP is still on the "speedy" end of federal hiring. Some of the 3 letter agencies stretch their processes out for 2-3 years.

Comment

• It depends on if you are Southern Border or Northern Border. Check out the TSU list under "Timelines" at:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/borderpatrol/start
        Last edited by Bolts56; 10-23-2009, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Well I just called MHC which forwarded me to the TSU where I placed myself on the "drop of a hat" list. I thought it was supposed to be unofficial but it sounded as though it is pretty standard. The only thing that I'm hung up on is near the end of the conversation she asked me whether I wanted to keep my preference the Tuscon/Yuma sector. I told her yes but now I'm worried that I'll only be on the short notice list for that sector when in reality I WILL go anywhere in the SW.
          "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
          George Orwell

BP
          Qualifications - GL-7

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
          NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

• Originally posted by OEFvet83 View Post
            Well I just called MHC which forwarded me to the TSU where I placed myself on the "drop of a hat" list. I thought it was supposed to be unofficial but it sounded as though it is pretty standard. The only thing that I'm hung up on is near the end of the conversation she asked me whether I wanted to keep my preference the Tuscon/Yuma sector. I told her yes but now I'm worried that I'll only be on the short notice list for that sector when in reality I WILL go anywhere in the SW.
            You're still under consideration for the whole southern border. That was just the MHC being thorough. They'll still try to get you in your sector of choice, only now you'll have about two days to wrap up your life and get to your assigned sector when you accept an offer.

Comment

wow... I was placed in TSU 8/25/2009 and was under the impression I would spend no longer than 90 days waiting. And now the chatter is a wait of 4-6 months. BP better be the best damn job on the planet, lol.
              What other job could you get where you will be making $100k/year in less than three years? Automatic promotions through GS-12, AUO pay, overtime pay, night differential pay, Sunday differential pay, FLSA pay and locality pay. What other job lets you be outside all day keeping the Homeland safe? What other job offers the variety of assignments and locations the Border Patrol offers? Yes, it's the best damn job on the planet!!

Comment

• Despite my best efforts I'm just not a very patient person. Having said that I would be stupid to let that affect a decision as big as a career. And the way that some of you agents talk about this job definitely keeps me motivated. Making a living after getting out of the military has been harder than I anticipated and this is a great opportunity to do something that I think I'll love and get my family back to an economic comfort zone. Thanks again for all the info and encouragement.
                George Orwell

BP
                Qualifications - GL-7

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
                NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

wow... I was placed in TSU 8/25/2009 and was under the impression I would spend no longer than 90 days waiting. And now the chatter is a wait of 4-6 months. BP better be the best damn job on the planet, lol.
                  that's only 30-90 days longer than you had anticipated yea I went to TSU 9-11-09. With all the research I have done, I hope to be at the academy mid febuary.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNCop2b View Post
                    What other job could you get where you will be making $100k/year in less than three years? Automatic promotions through GS-12, AUO pay, overtime pay, night differential pay, Sunday differential pay, FLSA pay and locality pay. What other job lets you be outside all day keeping the Homeland safe? What other job offers the variety of assignments and locations the Border Patrol offers? Yes, it's the best damn job on the planet!!
                    The California Highway Patrol makes more in that same time frame. However, there is no other job that comes close

Comment

• So I haven't heard from my BI in 3 weeks. Does this mean she has sent my file to D.C?
                      Apr 09--Took test
                      Sept 09--Med/Fit test
                      Sept 09--Drug test
                      Sept 09--Oral Board Interview
                      Oct 09--BI Interview
                      Nov09--TSU!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Razorback09 View Post
                        So I haven't heard from my BI in 3 weeks. Does this mean she has sent my file to D.C?
                        I never heard back from mine after my interview. TSU as of 9-11-09

Comment

• FJ62, how long did it take from the BI interview until TSU? I know everyone is different but am curious.
                          Apr 09--Took test
                          Sept 09--Med/Fit test
                          Sept 09--Drug test
                          Sept 09--Oral Board Interview
                          Oct 09--BI Interview
                          Nov09--TSU!!!

Comment

• Razorback09,

As you know, you will find various lengths of time for each applicant. I took the written test the 1st week of June, and hit TSU the 3rd week of September. There are still people who tested back in '07 still in the process, only MHC knows the method behind the madness. It all works out in the end, be patient and keep your fitness levels up. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razorback09 View Post
                              FJ62, how long did it take from the BI interview until TSU? I know everyone is different but am curious.
                              Written-Sept-29-00, passed 50 of 200 passed

Oral board- three days later 15 of 50 passed

PT Test- OCT of 08

Medical -OCT of 08

Drug Test-OCT of 08

BI Interview- July-2-2009

Sept-7-2009 MHC requests copy of DDform214....4th one sent, I must have missed the brief on what copy to send.

Sept-11-2009 packet forwarded to TSU

I think for me if everything was spread out more, I would not have gone so crazy. Look at it this way: From what I have been told, and what I have been researching, 5 out of 200 that take the written actually make it to the academy. Since the new NB announcement a couple months ago, that number will be dramatically less. I feel truly blessed and honored to be at this point. Over the next couple years It will be impossible to get in the BP, and very difficult to get into law enforcement all together. You are ahead of a ton of applicants, and will get sent to TSU soon enough, but from there you still have 4-6 months before EOD, maybe more at that point. Pick up a hobby or two, and try not to think about it. The sooner you "give up on them" the sooner they will call you, haha

EDIT: also check out that forum bolts56 recommended, once you learn to navigate it, and read all the other applicants experiences you will gain a little peace. Good Luck
                              Last edited by FJ62; 10-26-2009, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• I couldn't agree more with FJ62. It seems like just when I was at the breaking point they would call and I would be moved to the next step. And to some of the others who are worried about their BI, I never heard from my BI after the interview and from what I can gather from talking to my friends and co-workers he wrapped my case up in about 3 weeks. I never got a call from MHC or anything. I was about to call and inquire after the end of the 5th week since the interview and my CASS showed I had been moved to TSU.
                                George Orwell

BP
                                Qualifications - GL-7

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
                                NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2398 users online. 168 members and 2230 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X