Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Good Reading

I'm going away for military training for the next three weeks and I'll probably have some time to do some reading. Are there any good books on the patrol or the kind of stuff I'll be dealing with in Tucson/Yuma? Amazon lists about 20 different books with reviews but I'd rather take advice from agents than reviews from the general public.
      "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
      George Orwell

BP
      Written Test - 2/14/2009 Passed
      Medical Exam - 3/13/2009 Passed
      Fitness Test - 3/13/2009 Passed
      Drug Screening - 4/24/2009 Passed
      Structured Interview - 4/29/2009 Passed
      Pre-Employment Forms - Received
      Qualifications - GL-7
      Background Investigation - Met with BI 7/22/2009

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
      Written Test - 5/27/2009 Passed
      NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcrusher View Post
        I heard about that nugget with the ND last night. Did they fire him, or let him resign so he can come back and infect The Patrol with his stupidity all over again?
        I remember a guy at academy that this happened to. He just gets out of Artesia and NDs in his apartment. Police show up ( someone calls 911 reporting gunfire) and eventually CIIT and DHS OIG show up to figure it out, and the dude starts pulling the "I NEED TO TALK TO MY UNION REP I WON'T SAY A WORD TILL I DO!!"

Yea he got fired the next day. His instructor told me all about it one day when he substituted for our regular detailer.

There's a lesson to be learned here. Actually there are a few. I'll let the reader decipher them.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• OMG I just got called for Montana, sweet grass or Havre. any1 with suggestions or info about either please let me know! Thanks

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Just got home from my exam....any estimates on when i'll find out if i passed?
              IEA
              ----
              Written 6/2009 (Eligibility expires 6/2012)

BPA (Southern Border)
              ----
              Written 9/2009 (Eligibility expires 8/2011)
              Tentative Selection 8/2010
              *Application withdrawn due to relocation*

NYPD
              ----
              Written 8/2010 (91%)

FAMS
              ----
              CO 11/1
              FAB 12/9 - passed
              Panel/PTA/SAC - X

Comment

• Originally posted by rmatic09 View Post
                Just got home from my exam....any estimates on when i'll find out if i passed?
                3-5 weeks. Maybe more, maybe less. Average seems to be right around a month.

Comment

• I got my written test score letter in two weeks; was told at the test-taking place that it would be about two weeks, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by mk12 View Post
                    I got my written test score letter in two weeks; was told at the test-taking place that it would be about two weeks, too.
                    Ditto. Some folks said they got their results even earlier (1 week?) through the online test manager, but I wasn't able to do that.
                    Last edited by PeeOwed; 10-01-2009, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by down4afight View Post
                      OMG I just got called for Montana, sweet grass or Havre. any1 with suggestions or info about either please let me know! Thanks
                      Congrats! When did you apply and what is your EOD date? I put in for Havre. My background was completed about two weeks ago....just waiting.

Comment

• I'm sure this has been asked, but what are the major differences between a CBP Agent and an 1811? How would the job compare to FBI, DEA, etc....?

I'm interested in 1811 positions and currently interact quite a bit with border patrol so I thought i'd consider it. I recently had an opportunity to see B.O.R.T.A.C. in action and they seemed pretty amazing, but I imagine ending up with them is nearly impossible.

Thoughts?

Comment

• The only CBP Agents are CBP IA and I think they are 1801's.

If you mean BP Agents, their job is completely different from an 1811 because they go out and work everyday. Its basically the opposite job as 1811 work is often 90% in the office and 10% in the field and BP is 10% in the office and 90% in the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                            The only CBP Agents are CBP IA and I think they are 1801's.

If you mean BP Agents, their job is completely different from an 1811 because they go out and work everyday. Its basically the opposite job as 1811 work is often 90% in the office and 10% in the field and BP is 10% in the office and 90% in the field.
                            Basically, if you're not management or on a detail e.g Intel, you don't get an office. Or a desk or chair. Mainly because you don't need one.
                            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• A typical PA will make more arrests in a single shift than a typical 1811 will in their entire career.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811orBust View Post
                                I'm sure this has been asked, but what are the major differences between a CBP Agent and an 1811? How would the job compare to FBI, DEA, etc....?

I'm interested in 1811 positions and currently interact quite a bit with border patrol so I thought i'd consider it. I recently had an opportunity to see B.O.R.T.A.C. in action and they seemed pretty amazing, but I imagine ending up with them is nearly impossible.

Thoughts?
                                Is it really that hard? ironic my name as such and i don't know lol

I read on the site after your first two years you can put in an app for bortac or borstars. A big difference compared to other agencies.

I read an article last month about how they have a rescue swimmer or swift water rescue component in the northwest, pretty amazing.
                                Last edited by WannaBeTacMedic; 10-03-2009, 03:49 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11910 users online. 385 members and 11525 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X