Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For what it's worth, NB stations are listed by Sector on the CBP website; and Googling some of those station names will actually give you some mainstream media info on BP activity in those sectors.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
      I don't understand your question. While at the academy you take many tests while there.
      Let me rephrase myself, what i mean is that if you have to complete any additional pt or exams before reporting to the acadamy? you know when is it that they test you to see if you have been exercising. Or do they just call you to report to the acadamy right off the bat?

Comment

• Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
        Let me rephrase myself, what i mean is that if you have to complete any additional pt or exams before reporting to the acadamy? you know when is it that they test you to see if you have been exercising. Or do they just call you to report to the acadamy right off the bat?
        I'm not trying to be a smart-***, but I suggest you work on your grammar.
        BPA:
        Written Test: Passed (97%)
        Reactivated Feb 09
        Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
        Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
        Medical Exam: Completed
        Drug Test: Completed
        Fitness: Completed
        Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
        Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
        Written Test: Passed (80% )
        Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
        Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
          I'm not trying to be a smart-***, but I suggest you work on your grammar.
          i understand thanks for the hint. I know my grammar, but i just do not feel the need to write perfect on any website unless it is really necessary. I apologize i guess i should start getting prepared to do so as eod gets closer, I know i need to know my grammar and spelling at the acadamy thanks again.

Comment

• There are no additional physical fitness tests prior to the Academy after the one during your physical. If you spend a great deal of time in the process, your results can expire and you'll have to under go another physical evaluation. I don't know how long one's results are good.

Stay safe and good luck.
            Last edited by Solohammer; 09-03-2009, 04:51 PM. Reason: Mis spelled word

Comment

• Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
              After you EOD and then arrive at ART, you will take a PT test. This usually occurs during your first PT class. Other than the pre-employment written test, oral board examimation, physical test, drug screen, or polygraph examination (if the applicant is so chosen to take one), an applicant is not tested further (either PT-wise or written-wise) until after arriving at ART.
              sigpicTwo is one,
              one is none.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
                After you EOD and then arrive at ART, you will take a PT test. This usually occurs during your first PT class. Other than the pre-employment written test, oral board examimation, physical test, drug screen, or polygraph examination (if the applicant is so chosen to take one), an applicant is not tested further (either PT-wise or written-wise) until after arriving at ART.
                Exactly...your first day in PT will be indicators: max pushups in 1 minute; max situps in 1 minute; max pull ups and the 1.5 mile run. You need to do the 1.5 mile in under 13 minutes, do 20 pushups and at least 20 situps or you'll wind up in remedial P.T. Believe me, you're going to be busy enough without having to do remedial P.T.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNCop2b View Post
                  Exactly...your first day in PT will be indicators: max pushups in 1 minute; max situps in 1 minute; max pull ups and the 1.5 mile run. You need to do the 1.5 mile in under 13 minutes, do 20 pushups and at least 20 situps or you'll wind up in remedial P.T. Believe me, you're going to be busy enough without having to do remedial P.T.
                  thanks for the tip i think i can manage. i been training for O.C.S, and i been able to master the 20 pullups and i been running 3 miles in under 25 min also i been doing at least 60 to 70 pushups in a min. however when it comes to the situps i really haven't timed myself yet, but i will keep trying to master the time limits set by the marines and border patrol. thanks for eveything i think this site has really helped me in every sence of the word.......

Comment

• I have a question for whoever can help. I've searched here, honorfirst and cbp.gov and did not find anything on the subject.

Me and my girlfriend have begun talking about marriage. Does Border Patrol give any kind of leave for marriage? or do I have to use vacation days? Thanks a lot.
                    BPA:
                    Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                      I have a question for whoever can help. I've searched here, honorfirst and cbp.gov and did not find anything on the subject.

Me and my girlfriend have begun talking about marriage. Does Border Patrol give any kind of leave for marriage? or do I have to use vacation days? Thanks a lot.
                      You'll have to use your Annual Leave (AL) in order to get married and have a honeymoon. It's highly recommended to get hitched before EOD. Makes things much simpler as far as paperwork goes, and it also gets her covered under life and health insurance right out the gate.

Remember, you accrue AL at 4 hours per pay period (every two weeks). So it'll be quite a while before you're able to take a full week off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcrusher View Post
                        You'll have to use your Annual Leave (AL) in order to get married and have a honeymoon. It's highly recommended to get hitched before EOD. Makes things much simpler as far as paperwork goes, and it also gets her covered under life and health insurance right out the gate.

Remember, you accrue AL at 4 hours per pay period (every two weeks). So it'll be quite a while before you're able to take a full week off.
                        Thank you for the info Sir.

Do you start accruing AL once you enter the academy or once you get out and start at your station?
                        Last edited by BPA2Be; 09-08-2009, 09:54 PM.
                        BPA:
                        Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• So as I have been waiting for a month and a half for my medical to clear (at least hopefully to clear after getting my not medically cleared letter), I went to check CASS and now my "pre-employment forms" have kicked back to pending. They have been complete since a couple of weeks after I sent my paperwork in at the start of the year. What would cause that?
                          Originally Posted by Law100
                          Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
                            So as I have been waiting for a month and a half for my medical to clear (at least hopefully to clear after getting my not medically cleared letter).....
                            I don't want to cause any concern for you but something must be wrong somewhere in the chain. After I recieved my NMC letter, I submitted the paperwork back to MHC and had a green check mark 2 weeks later.

Have you tried calling the medical unit? They are very helpful in atleast letting you know what's going on since CASS isn't very specific. I have thier # if you need it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colorado LEO 2B View Post
                              I don't want to cause any concern for you but something must be wrong somewhere in the chain. After I recieved my NMC letter, I submitted the paperwork back to MHC and had a green check mark 2 weeks later.

Have you tried calling the medical unit? They are very helpful in atleast letting you know what's going on since CASS isn't very specific. I have thier # if you need it.

I spoke with the medical unit people, they said they had everything that they needed and would pass it on to the nurse (?) I will call again this week since it has been so long. I got a package today that explained that my background information had expired, so I needed to submit new eqip, new forms, new fingerprint cards. I was never contacted by a BI, so I am not sure. This part of the process is so discouraging.
                              Originally Posted by Law100
                              Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcrusher View Post

Do you start accruing AL once you enter the academy or do you start when you get to your station?
                                BPA:
                                Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5640 users online. 366 members and 5274 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X