Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
    EOD = Enter On Duty

That means you already received the call and accepted a job offer.

Are you sure that's what it says on your CASS? If so, you missed your Entry Of Date, which I would assume disqualifies you from the process.
    If you don't know, please don't post wrong information.

EOD is your first day of employment with BP.

"Referred to Schedule EOD" means just that. His file was referred to those that schedule EOD's or as you all like to call it, TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post

"Referred to Schedule EOD" means just that. His file was referred to those that schedule EOD's or as you all like to call it, TSU.
      Sorry :hide:
      BPA:
      Written Test: Passed (97%)
      Reactivated Feb 09
      Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
      Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
      Medical Exam: Completed
      Drug Test: Completed
      Fitness: Completed
      Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
      Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
      Written Test: Passed (80% )
      Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
      Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• does the border patrol have investigation positions? Once on usajobs I saw a positio which said 'Border Patrol Agent (Intelligence Agent)' what kind of position is that?

Comment

• There are Lead BPA's, which are non-sup GS-12 positions. Also depending on how hard you work and your reputation, you might be able to get on a station or sector detail.

Comment

• thanks

Originally posted by madchiken View Post

ok thanks for the information this means that i will be waiting for a call. however like i said before if im out of the country and the call comes what will happen if i miss it? can i just leave my brother in law with my cell phone to take the call? i have read on other threads that they give you 24 hours to think about it? if so my brother in law can call me and i can decide before he calls back

Comment

• I have another question for those with military backgrounds. i have recently also submitted my aplication for the officer program with the marine corp i have all the qualifications and i am pending on my application aproval by the commander in washington. If he approves it i will be set to start O.C.S in late january, what do you guys think would be a good decision when it comes down to benefits and pay? please have in mind that it is not all about the money with me i have a passion for field work..... thanks for your opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
                I have another question for those with military backgrounds. i have recently also submitted my aplication for the officer program with the marine corp i have all the qualifications and i am pending on my application aproval by the commander in washington. If he approves it i will be set to start O.C.S in late january, what do you guys think would be a good decision when it comes down to benefits and pay? please have in mind that it is not all about the money with me i have a passion for field work..... thanks for your opinion
                I spent 6 years on enlisted active duty, and I would do it all over again without changing a thing. With that being said, and the given state of the economy, I wish I stayed in and completed my 20. Tons of travel, great benefits, retirement in 20 years, the list goes on and on.

I completed my Bachelor's degree while on active duty and I'm currently finishing my Masters; all on the governments dime. Uncle Sam will give you the opportunites, you just have to utilize the resources.

You have to make up your own mind based on your interest and what path you want to follow. Although the military and BP appear similar, they are totally different career paths.

So the best advice I can offer is do it, and make the best of the opportunties available to you.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.
                Last edited by Colorado LEO 2B; 08-30-2009, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AK-Bear View Post
                  The ECG it self said "Probable Old Inferior Infarction"....basically I had a silent heart attack sometime in the past. Possible but not probable. The doc that did my physical was confused and sat me down to talk like I was on death's door. I went to a cardiologist today and he said, in his opinion, just reading the ECG he would say it was normal, and I have NO risk factors. He thinks I will be required to do a stress test with echo (picture of my heart). I have one (tentative) scheduled for the end of next week because it is hard to get in. Just waiting now to get my paperwork from MHC to see what they are going to ask for. I'm hoping to get the paperwork before the test. Good times....
                  The machines are wrong a lot. You're on the right track to overcome this hiccup. The machine said that because a certain part of your ECG was in a certain place. This can indicate a past MI, or it can be completely normal. Much like when fit people are on the monitor and it reads below 60 beats per minute, the machine indicates bradycardia, but a low heart rate would be normal in a cardiovascularly fit person. More than likely your Q wave was a little long for the machine's taste, so it spat out that "diagnosis".

Good luck and stay safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colorado LEO 2B View Post
                    I spent 6 years on enlisted active duty, and I would do it all over again without changing a thing. With that being said, and the given state of the economy, I wish I stayed in and completed my 20. Tons of travel, great benefits, retirement in 20 years, the list goes on and on.

I completed my Bachelor's degree while on active duty and I'm currently finishing my Masters; all on the governments dime. Uncle Sam will give you the opportunites, you just have to utilize the resources.

You have to make up your own mind based on your interest and what path you want to follow. Although the military and BP appear similar, they are totally different career paths.

So the best advice I can offer is do it, and make the best of the opportunties available to you.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.
                    thanks for your opinion on the matter.

Comment

• I know corrections can not be made to e-qip once it's submitted, if errors were made, can you inform your investigator during the interview with him or her? If this is possible, could it prevent you from passing the background process?

Comment

• Originally posted by lugonatron View Post
                        I know corrections can not be made to e-qip once it's submitted, if errors were made, can you inform your investigator during the interview with him or her? If this is possible, could it prevent you from passing the background process?
                        I think if it was an honest mistake and not a deliberate omission you should be fine. Your BI will go through every page of the security/background packet and verify everything you entered.

I had started a new job after I submitted my packet online, my BI just added the info and we pressed on, it wasn't a big deal. Hope this helps.
                        Last edited by Colorado LEO 2B; 08-30-2009, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
                          The machines are wrong a lot. You're on the right track to overcome this hiccup. The machine said that because a certain part of your ECG was in a certain place. This can indicate a past MI, or it can be completely normal. Much like when fit people are on the monitor and it reads below 60 beats per minute, the machine indicates bradycardia, but a low heart rate would be normal in a cardiovascularly fit person. More than likely your Q wave was a little long for the machine's taste, so it spat out that "diagnosis".

Good luck and stay safe.
                          Solohammer-thanks for the intel. Logic was telling me something was incorrect, but when a Doc looks you in the eye and tells you that, you start to play the what if game. After talking with the Cardiologist, I'm confident it will all be cleared up. You also helped put my mind at ease as well. I will post as I make progress.

Comment

• I have a question for anyone who can help me.

I have had 2 traffic tickets issued this past month, both of them have been for "unidirectional window tint". I have paid both my tickets. Will this be an issue going forward?

Aside from these 2 tickets, I hadn't received a traffic ticket in 4-5 years or probably longer.

My BI is already completed, I was just wondering if it would come up in the future.
                            Last edited by BPA2Be; 08-31-2009, 01:53 AM.
                            BPA:
                            Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                              I have a question for anyone who can help me.

I have had 2 traffic tickets issued this past month, both of them have been for "unidirectional window tint". I have paid both my tickets. Will this be an issue going forward?

Aside from these 2 tickets, I hadn't received a traffic ticket in 4-5 years or probably longer.

My BI is already completed, I was just wondering if it would come up in the future.
                              As a PA you will be subject to reinvestigation periodically throughout your career. You will fill out another SF86, have another interview, the whole nine yards. Will it harm you in getting the job? No, provided you still have a valid drivers license. However, be advised that if you lose your license as a PA, you will be terminated, and if you exhibit reckless driving behaviors they will cause issues during your next investigation.

I assume you didn't just pay the tickets, you actually removed the illegal tint, right? (hint)

Edited to add: Wait until you're on the OTHER end of a vehicle stop, and the vehicle has mirrored tint, and you have to walk up to it not knowing if the people inside already have a gun pointed at your head...just food for thought...

Comment

• Thanks for the response.

Yes, I still have a valid driver's license, I've never lost mine. Yes, I removed the tint and I totally understand the "why" of the law against illegal tint.

Again, Thanks for the help.
                                BPA:
                                Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6237 users online. 363 members and 5874 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X