Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently signed up for the initial test coming up this September. While doing the online application I orginally put down that i would like to go to the Tucson, AZ sector. After doing more research on what all the stations offer, I think that I would rather go to any station in Texas. I can't find anywhere that I can change it. Am I stuck, or is there a way to change it?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by phillystactical View Post
      Happened to me back home...........I don't knock carrying off duty, however, with the feds is not like the local/state pd. One mistake and they will hang you.
      This is too true. But if the choices are to be "hung" figuratively by the FEDs or actually dead....I choose "hung".

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
        So was the NOPA cleared and your background investigation is finished now?

It wasn't a NOPA, so Im pretty much still waiting on that one. All I care about is the fact that the process is moving along. Ill deal with the NOPA when the time comes and have no doubt in my mind that when I send in my reply to it, it will be accepted. Havn't even started background part of the process yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by dgr_874 View Post
          I recently signed up for the initial test coming up this September. While doing the online application I orginally put down that i would like to go to the Tucson, AZ sector. After doing more research on what all the stations offer, I think that I would rather go to any station in Texas. I can't find anywhere that I can change it. Am I stuck, or is there a way to change it?

Thanks in advance
          You will have the option to change your location preference when you receive the NOR score for the testing, so NO your not screwed if you want to change it. Just make sure to do it ASAP!!
          On the back of the page it will have a list of contact/personal/location preferences that may be changed or edited.
          -It takes, I believe, 4-6 weeks to update your profile and they will email the effective change to you shortly there after.
          ***I went through the same exact scenario***

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Shiherlis View Post

Is the drug test random or is it part of the pre-screen for everyone? It says "your drug test is pending" on CASS. Kind of confused because they go through the trouble of doing the physical right away, but not the drug test which would only take a few minutes.....
            Everyone does the drug test, but might be considered "random" in that you aren't given a lot of notice ahead of time, for obvious reasons. If I recall, I didn't do mine at the physical but got a call a few weeks later telling me to go to the same clinic the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by slinger2424 View Post
              This is too true. But if the choices are to be "hung" figuratively by the FEDs or actually dead....I choose "hung".
              10-4 that slinger......
              There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

• Originally posted by phillystactical View Post
                10-4 that slinger......
                Always better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6 if ya know what I mean?

Comment

• well, i just came from taking the entrance exam and i was rated ineligible at the compressed test site..sucks...just gotta move on!!

Comment

• Originally posted by costeno23 View Post
                    well, i just came from taking the entrance exam and i was rated ineligible at the compressed test site..sucks...just gotta move on!!
                    Use the study guide and study more, then retake it in 6 months. Unless you passed the written and didn't pass the fitness, then get to running.

Tons of info at www.HonorFirst.com including a very helpful forum. If you want it, don't give up.

Comment

• Isn't it only 3 months that you have to wait to retake the entrance exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
                        Isn't it only 3 months that you have to wait to retake the entrance exam?
                        I think so. 3 months for exam and 6 months for the oral board
                        Border Patrol Process

Written Test---4/21 (101 testers-23 passed)
                        Medical--------5/19
                        Oral Board------5/19
                        Physical Agility--5/19
                        Credit Report Pulled---6/06
                        Random Drug Test-----6/13
                        B.I. Started Field Interviewing---6/24
                        Employment Qualifications Cleared For G-5 6/26
                        Meet With B.I. From The D.H.S.-------7/7

http://<span style="font-size:12px">...rst.com</span>

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2b View Post
                          I think so. 3 months for exam and 6 months for the oral board
                          Ya I thought 6 months for the test sounded a bit long.

Medical/Physical next week so excited....hows your process coming along BPA2b

Comment

• To all,

I have some clarifications that I needed about persuing this career. I was hoping some of you that have been out there in the trenches could help me with. First, Border Patrol is now considered a federal law enforcement agency because of recent changes to the definition of law enforcement correct? If so, that means that the mandatory retirement age is 57?
                            I am 34 years old and have 10 years of military service that i would buy back as soon as i could. According to my calculations, if i worked till i was 57, when i could get full retirement without waiting, I would have approx 33 years of total service for retirement. If my research is correct, I would recieve 1.7% of my high 3 years for the first 20 years and 1.0% of my high 3 years for anytime served beyond 20 years.
                            Does this all sound correct or have I not researched enough?

Thanks all in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by dgr_874 View Post
                              To all,

I have some clarifications that I needed about persuing this career. I was hoping some of you that have been out there in the trenches could help me with. First, Border Patrol is now considered a federal law enforcement agency because of recent changes to the definition of law enforcement correct? If so, that means that the mandatory retirement age is 57?
                              I am 34 years old and have 10 years of military service that i would buy back as soon as i could. According to my calculations, if i worked till i was 57, when i could get full retirement without waiting, I would have approx 33 years of total service for retirement. If my research is correct, I would recieve 1.7% of my high 3 years for the first 20 years and 1.0% of my high 3 years for anytime served beyond 20 years.
                              Does this all sound correct or have I not researched enough?

Thanks all in advance!
                              Check out HONORFIRST.COM....TONSSSS of great information at your disposal. You have to enter the border patrol before you hit your 40th birthday, I believe this is because you have to have 20 years of service to receive retirement benefits and you have to retire from the position at 60 years of age.

There is also more information on the new border patrol website. http://www.borderpatrol.gov/
                              Check out the faq's page. That will give you some more information.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
                                Check out HONORFIRST.COM....TONSSSS of great information at your disposal. You have to enter the border patrol before you hit your 40th birthday, I believe this is because you have to have 20 years of service to receive retirement benefits and you have to retire from the position at 60 years of age.

There is also more information on the new border patrol website. http://www.borderpatrol.gov/
                                Check out the faq's page. That will give you some more information.
                                Word is, after this year it will go back to 37
                                There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8358 users online. 408 members and 7950 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X