300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
    I submitted my pre-employment papers so MHC will have them monday. How long before I hear something back from them?
    Me and a friend both applied at the same time during the last hiring event for the Southern Border. He ended up going through the steps about 2 months faster than I did. It took about two months to get the oral and medical/PT scheduled for him and a good 4 for me. I WD my app later in the process because of a conflict with my current employer. I'm now in it for the NB and my paper work will also be there on Monday.

Check the CASS, you'll at least know when you paper work has cleared.

The difference between my buddy and me was he had military exp and I have my degree w/no military background. I don't know if that was the reason for difference in time frame...

As stated earlier....could be one month, could be 6.

I don't know if this info made it more confusing or not......Good Luck!
    Last edited by AK-Bear; 08-18-2009, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• New Hire paper work recvd at MHC today, I recvd letter for oral today. 9/10, 0800. Things are moving a little faster this time....I like it.

Comment

• Question about pay grade promotion: It is my understanding that you receive a promotion 6 months after starting meaning if u are a GL 5 you go to GL 7 and if u are a GL 7 u go to GL9. I will be starting as a GL9 and I am sure that they will not raise me to GL 11 after 6months, so does this mean I wont get a pay raise after 6 months, or will they move me up in step?

Comment

• CPD,
          Do yourself a favor and listen to Madchicken's rather mild and kind rebuke. If you sign up on the honorfirst.com forum and type like that, seasoned agents will eat you alive. You don't want those kinds of habits to carry over into emailing your SBPAs, either.

Congrats on being picked up as a '9.'

Comment

• Well on a lighter note, my process is going pretty fast. I sent in my pre-employment docs on thursday and they called me monday to schedule a medical and fitness test for next week. How long until the oral board?

Comment

• Well I certainly didn't mean to set off a firestorm or p***ing match. Just a couple of thoughts:
              1. You need thick skin to make it in law enforcement. I speak from the experience of the school of hard knocks on this one. If you think a comment is petty then its best to ignore it.
              2. Agency reputations develop in many ways and at many levels. The tone of these individual threads is one. I for one don't wish to overtly impune one agency or the next, but this especially holds true if I want to work at one. Just consider Thread A and Thread B. Thread A is composed of applicants who mostly hold college degrees, use proper grammar and punctuation, and speak professionally at all times. Thread B is composed of applicants who curse, ask questions that can easily be researched, and expect their applied for agency to fall over in gratitude due to their stellar resume. Do you see how this gets a bit of a reputation going?
              3. Instructors, SBPAs, FTOs, and other agents read these forums. Don't think they can't figure out who you are if you've posted a lot! Between the academy, Spanish immersion, and the FTU there's almost a year in which your evaluators are looking to jump your case. Things you post here can come back to haunt you.
              4. I wouldn't be surprised if those with sloppy typing habits are also those at the academy who have their memos torn to shreds. Practice proper English as much as you can for the benefit of your career.
              5. As I said, if you think this is bad, go over to honorfirst.com and post there!

Comment

• Well ,almost through week 3 at the Academy and 9 to go.... For those of you still in the hiring process or are thinking about it, YOU DO NEED THICK SKIN, even at the Academy!!! And spelling is a huge part of this job due to all of the memorandums and reports that we are required to write and send up the chain of command!

On another note, I'm glad to say that I have successfully passed my required PT standards and have passed all of my law tests so far. The PT is no joke! I showed up here in decent shape. I finished the P90X program and hit the gym for a few months before coming here and it is still crazy! RUN, RUN, RUN! The more cardio training the better! Burpies and body builders are awesome.... If any applicant has any questions feel free to ask.

Tonight is the first night I have had some free time to get online in a while. Every other night has been studying, shining boots, ironing uniforms and more studying. Good luck and keep a solid workout program! Can't stress that enough!

Comment

• OK...so I get back from PT and find there has been some action on the board....interesting.

Well, I have a question.....I read in the information sent to me that I should take my spouse to the oral???? Then, in my letter indicating I've been scheduled, it mentions nothing about that, just to take the application. Has anyone heard of taking your spouse to your interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by AK-Bear View Post
                    OK...so I get back from PT and find there has been some action on the board....interesting.

Well, I have a question.....I read in the information sent to me that I should take my spouse to the oral???? Then, in my letter indicating I've been scheduled, it mentions nothing about that, just to take the application. Has anyone heard of taking your spouse to your interview?
                    I took my wife with me the day of my OB and she was allowed to sit in at the orientation. I guess they allow it so spouses are also informed about what the job is all about and gives them a chance to ask questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
                      I took my wife with me the day of my OB and she was allowed to sit in at the orientation. I guess they allow it so spouses are also informed about what the job is all about and gives them a chance to ask questions.
                      Thank you for the intel. Congratulations on the progress made at FLETC. Good luck and I might bounce a few things off you if/when they come up.

Comment

• Originally posted by CPD326
                        The fact is you did'nt answer my question at all so I will ask it again and mabey someone else can answer it. Because I will be starting out as a GL 9 and will not be eligable for GS promotion after six months notice how I spelled out six, will I get any kind of pay raise within my pay scale as in step. I just find it strange that they would give everyone a pay rais after six months except for thoes who are already at the GL 9 level. Thanks
                        Maybe this response will be clear enough for you:

NO YOU WILL NOT GET A STEP INCREASE! YOU WILL BE PROMOTED FROM GL9 TO GS11 AFTER 1 YEAR IN SERVICE!

As far as the attitude, you are not an Agent, we are. You ask a question, we answer it. Keep up the back talk and arrogance and your instructors, supervisors, and FTO's are gonna tear your *** apart.

Comment

• Dang there is hostility up in here...

So anyhow, A Border Patrol Investigator has finally contacted me to schedule an interview with him. He is going to start my background investigation. I was wondering though, what should my dress attire be when I meet with him? Nice but casual or business attire?

Comment

• Originally posted by Armyguy83 View Post
                            Dang there is hostility up in here...

So anyhow, A Border Patrol Investigator has finally contacted me to schedule an interview with him. He is going to start my background investigation. I was wondering though, what should my dress attire be when I meet with him? Nice but casual or business attire?
                            I wore a polo shirt and a pair of khakis, my BI showed up in a pair of jean capri's, a blouse and a pair of tennis shoes. Dress nice, even if you don't have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcrusher View Post
                              Maybe this response will be clear enough for you...

As far as the attitude, you are not an Agent, we are. You ask a question, we answer it. Keep up the back talk and arrogance and your instructors, supervisors, and FTO's are gonna tear your *** apart.
                              I find nothing helpful in this type of post. This is the reason why I refuse to go to the Honorfirst forum. Being a BPA does not give you the right to chastise, belittle and humiliate ANYONE for asking a question, "back talk", spelling errors, etc. You and others like you alienate those who are seeking a bit of knowledge about the BP. If all you have to say is "use the search" and "blah blah...I'm the man...blah blah...don't backtalk to me..", then please don't waste bandwidth. I know the Honorfirst "kids" on the forums are stupid and are inferior to ALL current BP's who humiliate others on said forum, but please, don't pull that nonsense here.

The original posted asked an absolute legitimate question about pay grade and how he fits into the mix. What came next was a crapstorm from guys like you, Madchick, etc. Not fair, not necessary. Again, keep that nonsense in your post deleting, spell check trolls and flamers Honorfirst forum. Saying, nay, ASSUMING someone does not have "thick skin" because they are annoyed by the cutting comments you and your flaming BP forum bullies spew from your keyboard is extremely insulting. CPD's background as a LEO should clue you in that your comments may be a little inaccurate about "thick skin".

Sorry all, but these BPA forum dwellers contribute to giving other BP's a bad name. There are more positive agents than the types displayed on here and on that flame-house Honorfirst. I am just fed up with this elitist behavior. Read the thread on HF where some moderator jerk (an agent I believe) literally posts REJECTED posts and then humiliates the sender. This is unethical for ANY law enforcement forum. Where is the integrity? I was blown away by that. Just a bunch of little children trying to bully "inferiors".

Signed,
                              A guy who graduated at top of class in a military and law enforcement academy with a spotless OTJ record. Oh, and a guy who respects true authority, NOT armchair badasses who respect nobody.

Comment

• Originally posted by joejones View Post
                                I find nothing helpful in this type of post.
                                I like how you edited out the part where I answered his question. Nothing helpful for sure.

Edited to add:
                                You guys can bitch and moan all you want about our responses to your questions being "unkind" or "too rough", but the simple fact remains, we are still here, on our own time, to answer your questions, and that's exactly what we do. If you'd like, all of us Agents can just leave this site, shut down the Honor First forum, and we can take our ball and go home, and you all can go through this process on your own. Yes, we might not sugar coat your answers, but we DO give you answers. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, that's all I'm saying.
                                Last edited by Dreamcrusher; 08-20-2009, 06:09 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11341 users online. 343 members and 10998 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X