300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Post....fight
    Last edited by sap123; 08-15-2009, 10:24 AM.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Triple Post.

Finish Him!!

Flawless Victory.
      Last edited by sap123; 08-15-2009, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Colorado LEO 2B; 08-18-2009, 04:57 AM. Reason: useless thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Colorado LEO 2B View Post
          I have seen a bunch of posts about how long it takes to get on as a BPA, any good stories of quick turn arounds and short timelines from written test to EOD??

Just curious and making conversation.
          Last Year around this time they were churning them out like nobody's business. If I didn't break my arm when I did my start-to-finish time would probably have been 7 months. that's pretty quick all things considered.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Border Patrol Background Investigation

I have completed almost everything in the hiring process except the background investigation. My case is finally in the security office. Um... so does that mean that I will hear from an investigator soon and he will start my background then? How long will I expect the background investigation to take?

Comment

• Originally posted by Armyguy83 View Post
                I have completed almost everything in the hiring process except the background investigation. My case is finally in the security office. Um... so does that mean that I will hear from an investigator soon and he will start my background then? How long will I expect the background investigation to take?

To be clear: your background investigation was initiated the moment you transmitted your pre-employment forms electronically. The length of time before you hear from an actual field investigator depends upon MANY factors; could be next week, could be a year from now. Once your background investigator has completed his/her part of the process your file be reviewed by their boss, and then by their boss, and then by their boss, etc. The file could be sent down the chain to be rewritten, at which point the up-the-chain process will begin anew. If the file happens to pass muster the first time, you will then be notified (via CASS or the phone system) that you have completed all of the pre-employment phases. You will then be sent to TSU, and then an EOD date will come down the pike. Your time in TSU can vary greatly from other applicants too. It is safe to say that a 100+ day wait in TSU is not uncommon. What to do until then? Run. Lift. Do push-ups, sit-ups, bodybuilders, and flutter kicks. Then run some more.

No one can predict (with any degree of certainty) when you will be contacted by the investigator assigned to you, nor can anyone predict (with any degree of certainty) how long your background investigation will take. It will happen when it happens, and it will take as long as it takes. Embrace the suck.

1*
                sigpicTwo is one,
                one is none.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
                  To be clear: your background investigation was initiated the moment you transmitted your pre-employment forms electronically. The length of time before you hear from an actual field investigator depends upon MANY factors; could be next week, could be a year from now. Once your background investigator has completed his/her part of the process your file be reviewed by their boss, and then by their boss, and then by their boss, etc. The file could be sent down the chain to be rewritten, at which point the up-the-chain process will begin anew. If the file happens to pass muster the first time, you will then be notified (via CASS or the phone system) that you have completed all of the pre-employment phases. You will then be sent to TSU, and then an EOD date will come down the pike. Your time in TSU can vary greatly from other applicants too. It is safe to say that a 100+ day wait in TSU is not uncommon. What to do until then? Run. Lift. Do push-ups, sit-ups, bodybuilders, and flutter kicks. Then run some more.

No one can predict (with any degree of certainty) when you will be contacted by the investigator assigned to you, nor can anyone predict (with any degree of certainty) how long your background investigation will take. It will happen when it happens, and it will take as long as it takes. Embrace the suck.

1*

Thanx for the info there. I'll be patient and wait as much time it takes because I know it will be worth it in the end. I do lift weights and do cardio 5 times a week. I love PT. Thanx again for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by FAM Hopeful View Post
                    I can't wait to see them try to implement that. Supply and demand usually sets new standards. They can't fill their staffing needs now! Where is the logic that they can raise standards? I turned them down for something else a couple of years ago and they still beg me to take a job to this day.
                    Just how is it that staffing needs are unfulfilled right now?

I can't wait until the standards go up. Too many fat, uneducated, unprofessional slobs in the patrol as it is. I hope attrition gets half of said slobs and the other half are given crapy assignments until they quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                      Yeah, I'm sure they call and beg you all the time...

I don't see the standards going up like that, but they will likely go back to how they were several years ago, before the "if you have a pulse apply here" hiring push...
                      Last edited by FAM Hopeful; 11-03-2009, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I still get phone calls and emails about 1 1/2 year after the fact as I'm sure many others do.

Unfortunately, BP rate of attrition is probably higher than just about any fed. position.

Just look how the southern border guys got f#(&$.....They originally were going to staff the south and bring transfers up to fill the staffing needs up north. They gave up on that and just started hiring for the north knowing that they will never be able to staff the south.
                        Actually, and I think most of the other agents would agree, I think that we could/should "cut the fat" off the recent hiring push and get rid of some of the less than stellar trainees that slipped through. Numbers mean nothing.

We would be catching the same amounts, if not more, with 15 or 16 thousand motivated agents instead of 21 or 22 thousand with several thousand retired on duty trainees...

Comment

Last edited by Colorado LEO 2B; 08-18-2009, 05:00 AM. Reason: useless thread

Comment

Last edited by Colorado LEO 2B; 08-18-2009, 04:56 AM. Reason: useless thread

Comment

• I submitted my pre-employment papers so MHC will have them monday. How long before I hear something back from them?

Comment

I still get phone calls and emails about 1 1/2 year after the fact as I'm sure many others do.

Unfortunately, BP rate of attrition is probably higher than just about any fed. position.

Just look how the southern border guys got f#(&$.....They originally were going to staff the south and bring transfers up to fill the staffing needs up north. They gave up on that and just started hiring for the north knowing that they will never be able to staff the south.
                                I don't really understand these two statements together, can you clarify them for me please?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10852 users online. 384 members and 10468 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X