Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the past few years, everyone who passed the written with a 70% got a TO and moved on. Look for this to go back to the way it was before that, with cut off scores in the mid to high 80's.

Everyone who gets a TO moves on. Once you get a TO, your file sits in the various piles waiting for your turn for med/fitness, oral, drug, etc..

Comment

• Im in hawaii but I chose Chicago for my oral board. Where will my the medical, fitness, drug, etc take place? Do I get to choose? Ill be in chicago permanetly in October

Comment

• Also, in my pre-employment papers there is a form called Optional 612. Am I understanding correctly that I can send a resume in lieu of the 612?

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
          Im in hawaii but I chose Chicago for my oral board. Where will my the medical, fitness, drug, etc take place? Do I get to choose? Ill be in chicago permanetly in October

If they schedule your medical/fitness/drug at a location that you cannot attend, just simply call the Hiring Center and asked for a change of location. I went through those phases when I was away at college and they scheduled them all in my home state. I just simply requested a change of location and they took care of it. Note: act fast though, the drug test component usually only allows 48hours notice.

Comment

• anyone here have any clue when the BP for the southern borders are going to open up again....i would imagine after the fiscal year kicks in during october....does anyone have any clue how many the BP plans to hire for this new fiscal year???

Comment

• what happens if I loose one of my pre-employment documents? can i get another one?

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                  They are going to do some hiring but nothing like the recent past. Obama does not want us holding back his voters.
                  agreed but would u say it would be competitive again?....does BP still have a high turnover?....if so i would imagine they would always have spots to fill?

Comment

• They had over 16,000 aps in the queue when they cut off new applications. It will take them a while to get through them. Once they get through all of them, I would imagine they would take a look at hiring goals again.
                    Originally Posted by Law100
                    Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• From what I have heard here in Artesia the hiring standards will be raised also once a new annoucement is posted. Must be prior military or LEO or 4 year degree, 21 or over, and be able to pass 1.5 mile run in time before being put into TSU.
                      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• WOW! I guess that will help reduce the amount of people who don't make it. I'm glad I applied when I did.
                        Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                        From what I have heard here in Artesia the hiring standards will be raised also once a new annoucement is posted. Must be prior military or LEO or 4 year degree, 21 or over, and be able to pass 1.5 mile run in time before being put into TSU.
                        Originally Posted by Law100
                        Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• wow is that confirmed or just speculation at this point.....that would definately weed alot of people out

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                            From what I have heard here in Artesia the hiring standards will be raised also once a new annoucement is posted. Must be prior military or LEO or 4 year degree, 21 or over, and be able to pass 1.5 mile run in time before being put into TSU.
                            Last edited by FAM Hopeful; 11-03-2009, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm sure they call and beg you all the time...

I don't see the standards going up like that, but they will likely go back to how they were several years ago, before the "if you have a pulse apply here" hiring push...

Comment

• Originally posted by FAM Hopeful View Post
                                I can't wait to see them try to implement that. Supply and demand usually sets new standards. They can't fill their staffing needs now! Where is the logic that they can raise standards? I turned them down for something else a couple of years ago and they still beg me to take a job to this day.
                                You are confusing 'staffing needs' with 'Hiring mandate' whose order cam from the President.

Also, you are a pretty and unique snowflake. That is why the Border Patrol yearns for your services.
                                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8435 users online. 457 members and 7978 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X