Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
    No

Maybe a friendly email after 6 months or so. The process routinely takes up to 18 months.
    Thanks for the reply. My file has been in the security office since January, so I think I am overdue on sending out the courtesy email.
    ____________ _____________
    "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

• I just recently took my polygraph and failed due to D.I or deception indicated. Is there any chance to retake the polygraph? If not, are you allowed to re-apply if you are disqualified because of it? Thank you

Comment

• Well fellas, I EOD tomorrow morning. Kinda nervous right now, not gonna lie!! Its been a little over a year since I applied but the time flew by! For those of you still waiting, be patient. This happened a lot quicker than what I expected! Good luck to everyone and stay safe!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
          Well fellas, I EOD tomorrow morning. Kinda nervous right now, not gonna lie!! Its been a little over a year since I applied but the time flew by! For those of you still waiting, be patient. This happened a lot quicker than what I expected! Good luck to everyone and stay safe!!
          Congrats. You can change your screen name now. You will do great, remember that. Tomorrow is the first day of your new career that you have been waiting for. Good Luck and stay safe.

Comment

• A thread search turned up no results, so here goes...

Does anyone know if the Border Patrol Academy trains through Christmas/New Year's or does it shut down for a couple of weeks like military schools? If so, are trainees put on leave or expected to report back to home stations during the standdown?

I don't want to sound too presumptuous, but my BI cleared the adjudicator yesterday so I'm imagining that even under the longest waiting periods I would enter an Academy class before the end of the year.

Thanks in advance for any information.
            Last edited by RLB4104; 07-30-2009, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• You will be off on weekends and federal holidays. Every other day at the academy is a training day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pre-LEO View Post
                Congrats. You can change your screen name now. You will do great, remember that. Tomorrow is the first day of your new career that you have been waiting for. Good Luck and stay safe.
                Thanks man! I appreciate the words of encouragement!! Day one is done, tomorrow for the tour of where we will be working. Can't wait to get to Artesia!

Comment

• Good luck, Hope2BPA. I'm a BPA in Tucson, with about 10 years in. I can't say anything about Artesia since I went through Charleston. But, I'd be willing to answer any questions about the academy and about what is expected of you after you graduate the academy.

Where are you going to be stationed?

Comment

• just got a letter today saying everything is complete I am in the TSU waiting game i guess now

all done with everything in 4 months even I feel like I'm ahead of schedule

hope i get lucky and get called

i feel like the buffalo sector is one alot of people want : /

Comment

• Originally posted by Charliefoxtrot View Post
                      Good luck, Hope2BPA. I'm a BPA in Tucson, with about 10 years in. I can't say anything about Artesia since I went through Charleston. But, I'd be willing to answer any questions about the academy and about what is expected of you after you graduate the academy.

Where are you going to be stationed?
                      Thank you sir! I am going to be stationed in Laredo North. I just got back to Corpus Christi where I live from Laredo. I EOD'd on Thursday and today we had our tour of all the areas where we will be working. I was lucky enough to get the weekend off and we fly out on Monday morning. Our FTO's really gave us a lot of good information and really drilled the do's and don'ts about the Academy into us! I really appreciate the help and will def. take you up on that if I have a question. Learning more about the job these past 2 days has really made me more anxious to get to Artesia and begin my career!

Thanks again sir and stay safe out there!!!!

Comment

• I hope you guys are prepared to give your life, Agent Rosas did, and I hope you will be prepared to do to the same. He was doing what a BPA does every hour, every shift. He left behind an 11 month and a 2 year old. This job is no joke, you better be ready for anything. Just for info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
                          Thanks man! I appreciate the words of encouragement!! Day one is done, tomorrow for the tour of where we will be working. Can't wait to get to Artesia!
                          Thats great. Where will you be stationed at? Good luck and keep us that are waiting posted on how things go.

Take Care...

Comment

• Yeah folks Hope2BPA and Me are going to Laredo North. We went and saw just a little of the places we will be working at, and let me tell you I'm really excited. It definetely got me More pumped to pass the academy. Laredo Station looks like a awesome place to work!!!! I'm so grateful that I got this station.

Comment

• Originally posted by pa1982 View Post
                              I hope you guys are prepared to give your life, Agent Rosas did, and I hope you will be prepared to do to the same. He was doing what a BPA does every hour, every shift. He left behind an 11 month and a 2 year old. This job is no joke, you better be ready for anything. Just for info.
                              I was there at his funeral, and I know that other agents on this board probably knew him and worked with him that were there too. One of the most powerful and impressive displays of honor I have ever seen.
                              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Background Investigator coming to meet with me tommorow

Wheels are turning!!!!
                                BPA:
                                Written Test: Passed (97%)
                                Reactivated Feb 09
                                Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                                Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                                Medical Exam: Completed
                                Drug Test: Completed
                                Fitness: Completed
                                Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                                Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                                Written Test: Passed (80% )
                                Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                                Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8758 users online. 482 members and 8276 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X