300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cubbyblue View Post
    Testing in Chicago for the Northern Border in september....but just realized I am 20/400 in each eye but 20/20 with contacts....i know im not even CLOSE to being accepted to border patrol and lasek is out of my price range right now.....should i even attend the testing session in september now that I've realized this?

these vision qualifications are really starting to get to me....and so is my gene pool....

any advice would be great.

thanks guys.
    if you cant get a loan and get lasik/lasek, then i think you answered your own question

Comment

• Hey everyon i have a question.
      Do they call everyone require everyone to have a personal interview with the BI?

Pre-Employment Forms completed
      Qualifications completed
      Medical Exam completed
      Structured Interview completed
      Drug Screening completed
      Background Investigation pending
      Fitness completed

Comment

• Got the Call!

I got my call and offer on Wednesday! Class 901, Grand Forks Sector, Pembina, ND station! I report on the 13th so see you there!

Comment

• Originally posted by vBDdiaz View Post
          Hey everyon i have a question.
          Do they call everyone require everyone to have a personal interview with the BI?

Qualifications completed
          Medical Exam completed
          Drug Screening completed
          Fitness completed
          You will have a lengthy sit down with your BI. He/she will grill you about eveything and call you on any inconsistency they find. If you were honest there should be no problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by stimble View Post
            I received my rating letter and BP is giving me 5 points veterans preference, however, I am still in the military. Should I have them take the points off? I am at 98 without veterans preference and I don't want them to think I'm lying. Do I need to have my DD-214 to claim preference? Thanks.
            You are a veteran wether or not you are active duty. If you read the qualifications and feel you met them then the points are yours. Nice score by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBC View Post
              When they make an offer of employment, will they specify what location within the sector you will be assigned to or is is completely up in the air until training is done?
              Unless you applied under the hiring that allowed you to pick a sector like I did, they can place you anywhere along the Northern Border. If you chose a sector they will call you and offer you what they have open. It may be desireable, it may not. They will give you 24hrs to think it over and call them back. They do not look highly upon station shopping, if they had it open they would offer it to you. You tell them yes or no and they give you a report date to your sector HQ.

Comment

• Congrats MNCop2b!
                trainee

Comment

• Hey y'all, Is it true that there is currently a hiring freeze for B P applicants?

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                      A freeze for new applications but not a hiring freeze.
                      There is a current announcement for BPA Northern Border locations. How could there be a freeze for new applications? Its open until 12000 apps. have been received or September 2009.

Comment

• Do you receive any correspondence from the MHC after passing the oral interview or does it just update on CASS as completed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Colorado LEO 2B View Post
                          Do you receive any correspondence from the MHC after passing the oral interview or does it just update on CASS as completed?
                          I received a letter from the MHC saying I passed the oral board. But right after the interviewing agents tell you if you passed or not.
                          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by vBDdiaz View Post
                            Hey everyon i have a question.

Qualifications completed
                            Medical Exam completed
                            Drug Screening completed
                            Fitness completed
                            You know I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone been hired without ever meeting the BI? I realize that it does take time for the investigation to be conducted. Is there a point where an applicant needs to call MHC to find out about the BI not calling at all? Or does the applicant just continue to patiently wait?
                            ____________ _____________
                            "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

• Originally posted by Pre-LEO View Post
                              You know I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone been hired without ever meeting the BI?
                              No

I realize that it does take time for the investigation to be conducted. Is there a point where an applicant needs to call MHC to find out about the BI not calling at all? Or does the applicant just continue to patiently wait?
                              Maybe a friendly email after 6 months or so. The process routinely takes up to 18 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                                I received a letter from the MHC saying I passed the oral board. But right after the interviewing agents tell you if you passed or not.
                                I was informed I passed after the interview, I was just curious if there was any paperwork to follow. (I should have known better though, it's government so of course there will be paperwork to follow..... )

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6386 users online. 246 members and 6140 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X