300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado,
    Since the letter wasn't specific, I'd bring three copies of all three. Essentially, nine resumes. As an outdoorsman and convervationalist (I print on scrap paper all the time), I say killing some trees to get or keep a job is water under the bridge.

However, I would be prepared to talk about our shorter, personal resume. Ie, if you were applying for an office job somewhere, the user eye friendly, printed on nice off-white cardstock paper resume. I suspect they will want to have that to ask you questions on regarding your experience. The other two are formatted to meet a strict protocol that isn't necessarily the easiest one to read in an interview. If you only want to bring one, I'd make it the shorter presonal one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colorado LEO 2B View Post
      I have my oral boards scheduled and it looks like I'm being requested to bring a resume with me to the interview. What type of resume should I bring?

A copy of the USAJobs Resume?
      A shorter personal resume?
      The OF-612 resume I sent in with my background packet?

The letter isn't real specific but I want to make sure I show up prepared, thanks for your time everyone.
      I brought my standard 2 page resume as well as the OF-612. I brought 3 copies, they didn't ask to see them. Other people have said they wanted one or the other or both. Best to be prepared either way.

Good luck!
      Originally Posted by Law100
      Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Well, it's week 5 for me in Artesia. Any questions?
        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Hey TPA, Im about to go to Artesia on the 4th. How bad is the running man? I have been working out since January pretty much every day of the week but for some reason the running still kills me. I know that the elevation in Artesia is a big factor also so I am kind of nervous!! I am coming off of active duty Military so I am used to PT like push-ups and sit-ups but I have always hated running!! Any info or tips will be appreciated! Thanks, good luck and probably see you soon in Artesia!!

Hope2BPA

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
            Hey TPA, Im about to go to Artesia on the 4th. How bad is the running man? I have been working out since January pretty much every day of the week but for some reason the running still kills me. I know that the elevation in Artesia is a big factor also so I am kind of nervous!! I am coming off of active duty Military so I am used to PT like push-ups and sit-ups but I have always hated running!! Any info or tips will be appreciated! Thanks, good luck and probably see you soon in Artesia!!

Hope2BPA
            The running does take some time to get used to. Depending on where you are coming from, and how fast your body can adapt. PT is usually scheduled to start on day 3 or 4, so I would recommend lightly running in the evening to force the body to get used to it. Nothing more than 1.5 - 2 miles. You do not want a injury right out of the gate.

Comment

• I EOD 10 August. See you guys there on the 13th.

TPA, how hard is it to get a ride to El Paso? I'm leaving my car there for EOD but need to retrieve for use in ART.
              Class 901!
              trainee

Comment

• Good News for me today. I received my green check mark for being qualified for GL-5 today. I only have 2 green checks to go before I hit TSU and begin another patient waiting game to be called...Advice for those who just recently started the process, just be patient. I took my test in 09/08 and I've realized that it just takes time and everyone is different.

Good Luck to all
                Last edited by Pre-LEO; 07-22-2009, 06:26 PM. Reason: forgot a word
                ____________ _____________
                "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

• Any news on when a vacancy might open back up for the Southwest Border?

Comment

• Originally posted by flyfrog View Post
                    I EOD 10 August. See you guys there on the 13th.

TPA, how hard is it to get a ride to El Paso? I'm leaving my car there for EOD but need to retrieve for use in ART.
                    Class 901!
                    El Paso is too far. In my class we already had a group of guys go to El Paso one weekend to get away. They sid the drive wasn't too far. The only thing you would have to worry about is finding someone to drive with you to drive the rental car back to Artesia. I'm not sure there is a bus service to drive you down there.

Comment

• There is a bus that takes recent grades from the academy to EPT early in the morning so they can fly home. They don't charge the graduating students to ride it, so they might let you go along. You can ask one of your law instructors... just remember your 100 mile memo!

Comment

• Originally posted by CWU View Post
                        There is a bus that takes recent grades from the academy to EPT early in the morning so they can fly home. They don't charge the graduating students to ride it, so they might let you go along. You can ask one of your law instructors... just remember your 100 mile memo!
                        The problem with this is that typically graduating students have their travel day in the middle of the week, not the weekend. So unless you plan on missing a day of class (which you can't), you probably need to rent a car. The transports aren't handled through the rec people either, a sup needs to authorize you to get on those transports that takes graduating students (or washed out trainees)

Perhaps if you ask the recreation people to ask them if they are planning a trip to go there for some sights to see or something.
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by FMF Doc View Post
                          Any news on when a vacancy might open back up for the Southwest Border?
                          To my knowledge there is a plethora of applicants for the SW Border that MHC will be cycling through first before the SW Border vacancy opens up again in the future. Not to be sarcastic, but it could be a day, a week, a year, ?. Keep checking in with www.honorfirst.com
                          ____________ _____________
                          "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

• Testing in Chicago for the Northern Border in september....but just realized I am 20/400 in each eye but 20/20 with contacts....i know im not even CLOSE to being accepted to border patrol and lasek is out of my price range right now.....should i even attend the testing session in september now that I've realized this?

these vision qualifications are really starting to get to me....and so is my gene pool....

any advice would be great.

thanks guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbyblue View Post
                              Testing in Chicago for the Northern Border in september....but just realized I am 20/400 in each eye but 20/20 with contacts....i know im not even CLOSE to being accepted to border patrol and lasek is out of my price range right now.....should i even attend the testing session in september now that I've realized this?

these vision qualifications are really starting to get to me....and so is my gene pool....

any advice would be great.

thanks guys.
                              Get eye surgery. You have plenty of time for the 90 day post surgery check, at this time.
                              Last edited by flyfrog; 07-23-2009, 01:02 PM.
                              trainee

Comment

• What is it like on the Northern Border, Detroit specifically?

Do PA's up north have the same opprotunities for overtime (AUO) as PA's down south?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4362 users online. 249 members and 4113 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X