300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ronaldbur View Post
    My biggest concern right now is coming from 130ft above sea level to Artesia's 3,300.

My 1.5 mile time here in Florida is 10:13, but i read in Honorfirst that the elevation in Artesia is going change all that.
    Elevation really doesn't change much... Its the 7% humidity and blowing sand that might be a problem if you are used to running in the soup that we call FL air.

Comment

• A Good Clean Burn

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
      Elevation really doesn't change much... Its the 7% humidity and blowing sand that might be a problem if you are used to running in the soup that we call FL air.
      And don't forget about the refreshing smell of crude oil...

Comment

• Appreciate the feedback guys. I've Been thinking about what you guys said, and if anything I wont be giving up. If I feel like crap while I'm running I'll just take it. It probably wont be that hard (Not saying is a cakewalk) If people passed before me, then we all got a chance.

By the way for those guys New folks in here I suggest you guys go to honorfirst website. Theres is a ton of helpful info there. Its THE best place to get information hands down (you just gotta search for it)

This is the TSU LIST. You guys may want to check this out.
        http://forums.delphiforums.com/borde...es?msg=43839.1
        Last edited by ronaldbur; 07-18-2009, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• 2 days after CASS showed "Requirements met", CASS says "7/10 TSU". And... waiting.
          trainee

Comment

• Pay question

I was just wondering if anyone knows about how long it takes after you start the academy to get your first paycheck? I start the academy on the 4th of August and my wife and I are trying to plan accordingly with our finances! Thanks. I looked on Honorfirst and couldn't find anything on that subject.

Comment

• Pay Period Calendar

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                Thanks Madchicken even though that pay period chart isn't very easy to understand coming from the Military pay dates of the 1st and 15th of each month. And my main question was more do they pay after a month of being hired or after 2 weeks?
                Last edited by Hope2BPA; 07-20-2009, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Whenever the pay period ends, you will turn in a time and attendance (T&A) sheet (more likely you will just sign one that is already completed for you) and you will be paid on the next pay day. Most Agents are paid between Friday and Monday, but the official pay day is the next Thursday.

In your case the pay period ends on the 15th and you will likely be paid between the 21st - 24th, depending on your bank. The official pay day isn't until the 27th.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                    Whenever the pay period ends, you will turn in a time and attendance (T&A) sheet (more likely you will just sign one that is already completed for you) and you will be paid on the next pay day. Most Agents are paid between Friday and Monday, but the official pay day is the next Thursday.

In your case the pay period ends on the 15th and you will likely be paid between the 21st - 24th, depending on your bank. The official pay day isn't until the 27th.
                    Thank you sir! Exactly what I was looking for!

Comment

• I am going to test for BPA next month. I am currently in TSU for CBP. Does anything, such as the background, roll over to my BPA processing or will I have to do each step individually for a different job title. Logic tells me one thing... my previous experience working for the feds says another. Help me out if you know the answer!
                      Last edited by seeOH; 07-20-2009, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• If your BI is within 90 days, I think it will all transfer over. You may get a pretty fast offer after your exam results. When do you test? What is your geo pref?
                        trainee

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                          I am going to test for BPA next month. I am currently in TSU for CBP. Does anything, such as the background, roll over to my BPA processing or will I have to do each step individually for a different job title. Logic tells me one thing... my previous experience working for the feds says another. Help me out if you know the answer!
                          BI, Medical, and Drug test carry over.
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                            BI, Medical, and Drug test carry over.
                            Awesome. I don't know if it will be within 90 days but whatever. I am taking the test at the end of August for the Buffalo Sector. Wish me luck

Comment

• I received my rating letter and BP is giving me 5 points veterans preference, however, I am still in the military. Should I have them take the points off? I am at 98 without veterans preference and I don't want them to think I'm lying. Do I need to have my DD-214 to claim preference? Thanks.
                              BP
                              Test- 9/18/08 (El Paso)
                              NOR- 9/18/08 (98 no vet)
                              PUT ON HOLD B/C OF MILITARY
                              Reactivated- 7/8/09 (103 w/vet)
                              Fitness/physical- July 2009 (passed)
                              Drug test- August 2009 (passed)
                              Oral board - October 2009 (passed)
                              Stop-lossed and deployed to Iraq
                              BI- February 2010 (passed)
                              Switched application from northern border to southern border- September 2010
                              TSU- Dec 2, 2010

Comment

• I have my oral boards scheduled and it looks like I'm being requested to bring a resume with me to the interview. What type of resume should I bring?

A copy of the USAJobs Resume?
                                A shorter personal resume?
                                The OF-612 resume I sent in with my background packet?

The letter isn't real specific but I want to make sure I show up prepared, thanks for your time everyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8067 users online. 232 members and 7835 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X