Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: my CASS says "Requirements Met" on 8 July. And, now a different wait, for TSU...
    trainee

Comment

• ...............;;;;;;;
      Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
        Im just wondering why everyone hates on the BP? When I first started the process everyone tried talking me out of it talking all kinds of nonsense. Now when people find out that I am in TSU and just waiting on the call for EOD the reaction is not much better. I have a buddy in MIA that wants me to apply with them. He introduced me to a co-worker of his that was a BPA and now is MIA. He told his buddy that I was in the process with the BP. I was thinking this guy would have a better attitude about the BP seeing as how he used to work for them......to my surprise he pretty much acted like everyone else.

"BP's not bad I guess(looking like he was in pain). I wouldn't have lasted much longer but its a good start." WTF? What is the deal? This kind of crap makes me angry because even though I am sure of what I want to do, it brings doubt to my mind! Not sure how to take it! Any insight will help and thanks in advance! (Sorry for my rant!)
        The way I see it...if you are familiar with what the job entails and you want it, you will do fine, some people get in it for the money and they tell you the day you take the test...If you're in it just for the money, get out. My brother has been a BP for the past 9 years...he spent 4 years in Tx, got a job with ICE in Miami and said he got bored in ICE and has been back in Tx in the BPA for 5 years now and he really likes his job. Hang in there buddy.
        BPA:
        Written Test: Passed (97%)
        Reactivated Feb 09
        Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
        Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
        Medical Exam: Completed
        Drug Test: Completed
        Fitness: Completed
        Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
        Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
        Written Test: Passed (80% )
        Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
        Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Yeah its just frustrating! Not sure if some people just dont have the huevos/cojones to do the job or they are just igonrant.

Comment

• Hahaha they probably had a tough time in their station and couldn't handle the pressure or something like that
            BPA:
            Written Test: Passed (97%)
            Reactivated Feb 09
            Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
            Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
            Medical Exam: Completed
            Drug Test: Completed
            Fitness: Completed
            Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
            Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
            Written Test: Passed (80% )
            Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
            Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• military transition

Are there any former military currently in the BP on this thread that can answer some questions:

How long did you have to wait from the time you got out until your EOD?
              How long did it take to get your DD214?
              Did you use the GI Bill for the academy and on-the-job training?

Sorry for all the questions but I will have more. I currently have 14 months left in the Army. We are going to Iraq in November so I might get stop-lossed.
              I originally applied in Sep 2008 and passed the exam but was told to re-apply closer to my ETS date from the Army. I re-applied to the latest announcement and currently waiting to schedule the oral interview.

Also, I was hired as a CBP officer in 2007 and they gave me my EOD 6 weeks after I joined the Army.
              BP
              Test- 9/18/08 (El Paso)
              NOR- 9/18/08 (98 no vet)
              PUT ON HOLD B/C OF MILITARY
              Reactivated- 7/8/09 (103 w/vet)
              Fitness/physical- July 2009 (passed)
              Drug test- August 2009 (passed)
              Oral board - October 2009 (passed)
              Stop-lossed and deployed to Iraq
              BI- February 2010 (passed)
              Switched application from northern border to southern border- September 2010
              TSU- Dec 2, 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by stimble View Post
                Are there any former military currently in the BP on this thread that can answer some questions:
                I'll give it a shot.

How long did you have to wait from the time you got out until your EOD?
                You can EOD the day you come off of terminal leave, if that's the day you were offered. I doubt it will synch up that nicely, but one can hope.

How long did it take to get your DD214?
                I was given a copy the day I ETS'ed. I got another copy in the mail later on. I don't remember exactly how long. The copy you get when you ACAP will do.

Did you use the GI Bill for the academy and on-the-job training?
                That program wasn't available when I was on probation. I've seen many Agents use it, though. When you EOD you can inquire about the paperwork and your Sector Human Resources personnel will get you started. It's YOUR money, I suggest you use it with no regrets.

Sorry for all the questions but I will have more. I currently have 14 months left in the Army. We are going to Iraq in November so I might get stop-lossed.
                Stop loss can be tough. Stay safe out there and don't let the kids get hold of your sunglasses.

I originally applied in Sep 2008 and passed the exam but was told to re-apply closer to my ETS date from the Army. I re-applied to the latest announcement and currently waiting to schedule the oral interview.
                You can call the hiring center and let them know what's going on. They most likely will place your application "on hold" until you return. You should probably do this about a month out from your deployment date, so that you an get as much done as possible.

Also, I was hired as a CBP officer in 2007 and they gave me my EOD 6 weeks after I joined the Army.
                Well, that's a "Gee, that sucks," or a "You made the right choice," depending on how you look at it.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

Comment

• What's up guys I received my call today at 1500 for Laredo North. I EOD July 30 and go to nice Artesia August 4. After 91 days in TSU I finally made it. WOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a long journey.

Anyone here currently in Laredo Wants to share what's the work like????

My biggest concern right now is coming from 130ft above sea level to Artesia's 3,300.

My 1.5 mile time here in Florida is 10:13, but i read in Honorfirst that the elevation in Artesia is going change all that.

Anyone wanna share??

,THANKS

Comment

• Congrats on your EOD! Have fun and keep us updated on your new career

Comment

• got an e-mail about the northern border opening up so what the hell, i threw my hat in the ring...hopefully i'll have better luck this time

Comment

• Thanks for the answers Solohammer.

I called MHC and they said they will work with me. I just have to send them a copy of my stop-loss/deployment orders and they will put the application on hold until I get back.
                        BP
                        Test- 9/18/08 (El Paso)
                        NOR- 9/18/08 (98 no vet)
                        PUT ON HOLD B/C OF MILITARY
                        Reactivated- 7/8/09 (103 w/vet)
                        Fitness/physical- July 2009 (passed)
                        Drug test- August 2009 (passed)
                        Oral board - October 2009 (passed)
                        Stop-lossed and deployed to Iraq
                        BI- February 2010 (passed)
                        Switched application from northern border to southern border- September 2010
                        TSU- Dec 2, 2010

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronaldbur View Post
                            What's up guys I received my call today at 1500 for Laredo North. I EOD July 30 and go to nice Artesia August 4. After 91 days in TSU I finally made it. WOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a long journey.

Anyone here currently in Laredo Wants to share what's the work like????

My biggest concern right now is coming from 130ft above sea level to Artesia's 3,300.

My 1.5 mile time here in Florida is 10:13, but i read in Honorfirst that the elevation in Artesia is going change all that.

Anyone wanna share??

,THANKS

Hey Ronald, I got the call yesterday for the same station and dates! I guess Ill see ya there!! The DOTHC really works! I was only in TSU for 47 days. Can't wait to start!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ronaldbur View Post

,THANKS
                              Congrats on the call. I've never been to Florida but from what I understand there is only one small hill in the entire state. Most of us west coasters can always go on a few hikes in the mountains to get an idea of what thinner air is going to feel like. Breathing the air with vociferous force is going to hurt--a lot. I took it especially hard and didn't acclimate until several months into it. I could run a mile and a half in 8:00-8;30 back home--and it wasn't until midterm that I could run it in 8:45.. and I nearly passed out. The one thing you can do for yourself is go on a few runs starting the day you get there. Don't wear yourself out, but if you run a mile or so every day it will help get the adjustment part over with. PT wont start until like the 4th day--then the real fun starts

Comment

• USBP Polygraph

Originally posted by OEFvet83 View Post
                                One of my buddies who tested around the same time as I did (FEB 09) just got a call from his BI to schedule him for a polygraph. Is the border patrol now polygraphing all applicants or is it random?
                                My husband just took the Poly in MI for Border Patrol. The Poly examiner told him that he is one of 23 examiners nationwide and there is no possible way to poly every BP Applicant. He told him they choose "randomly" 12% of the applicants to get poly'd. If you are chosen, be prepared to set aside 4 hours out of your day for the polygraph from beginning to end.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8116 users online. 427 members and 7689 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X