Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
      Cliff notes on transfers...

There are alot of senior agents who accepted transfers to the NB, but later had to decline due to the housing market. Others were selected, but their SB station/sector wouldn't release them because they couldn't loose the manpower. The union and OBP have been butting heads on these and other issues, so they haven't had the usual transfer openings every six months. However, a bunch of guys are moving north in the next month or two.

OBP is trying to stick warm bodies in those open spots and, to get Congress off their backs, decided that any warm body out of the academy is good enough.
      gotcha, thanks wasn't aware...just eager to get goin in the process is all

Comment

• One in Five Border Patrol Applicants are Polygraphed.

Comment

• PL07 where did you get that figure if you don't mind me asking? Congrats on the EOD date by the way!
          "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
          George Orwell

BP
          Written Test - 2/14/2009 Passed
          Medical Exam - 3/13/2009 Passed
          Fitness Test - 3/13/2009 Passed
          Drug Screening - 4/24/2009 Passed
          Structured Interview - 4/29/2009 Passed
          Pre-Employment Forms - Received
          Qualifications - GL-7
          Background Investigation - Met with BI 7/22/2009

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
          Written Test - 5/27/2009 Passed
          NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

• JBThug over at HonorFirst stated this many times. He states that many applicants are chosen at random (1 in 5) and some with suspicious backgrounds are also picked for polygraphs. He has been in federal service for years and has enormous amount of knowledge when it comes to the hiring process. If you have not been over to the Honorfirst forums, I would highly recommend it.

Thank you for the congratulations!

Comment

• Evening. I could not find this on here, and I probably havent looked hard enough at honorfirst....as to testing, are medical and drug screen done near you? I am probably going to put in for montana( I would take anywhere, but only north is open right now). The app said the closest testing location was columbus oh, 350 miles one way, and the oral board was at hampdon roads va. Thats about 1200 miles total. What about the other parts of the test? Are they done local, or are they also at the testing locations?
              Thanks for your info.
              Also, I am confused as to why they would have a announcement for north? Housing prices have dropped, I would have thought that north was desirable? So of the 12k applicants, any idea of the number they plan to hire...200?

Comment

• It depends on what's close to you, the BP has contracts with certain Laboratories to do drug tests, medical examinations and such, so it really is the luck of the draw, I believe they assign you to the places closest to your current address.
                BPA:
                Written Test: Passed (97%)
                Reactivated Feb 09
                Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                Medical Exam: Completed
                Drug Test: Completed
                Fitness: Completed
                Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                Written Test: Passed (80% )
                Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Comprehensive Health Services tries to get drug testing and medical/physical testing done at a contractor site closest to the home of the applicant.

Comment

• A couple questions for anyone familiar with the Michigan area.

Would anyone happen to know what areas or stations that BP would be at in Michigan? Also if you apply for Detroit, does it include other states like ICE or Just within Michigan? Would Detroit/Port Huron be difficult to get?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by JBC View Post
                      A couple questions for anyone familiar with the Michigan area.

Would anyone happen to know what areas or stations that BP would be at in Michigan? Also if you apply for Detroit, does it include other states like ICE or Just within Michigan? Would Detroit/Port Huron be difficult to get?

Thanks!
                      Hopefully an agent can elaborate on what I'm going to say. Though I don't know any specific stations in Michigan, follow the below link to view a map of BP sectors. If you are assigned to the Detroit sector you can end up in any station that is inclusive in it's boundaries (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio). Your chances of getting Detroit/Port Huron would depend on the needs of the agency (as would your chance of getting the Detroit sector in general). I know this is general info, but it was answer an agent gave me when I was wondering what the odds were of actually being stationed in the city of San Diego if sent to the San Diego sector.

http://www.bpsups.org/images/sectors.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by sjhogs3333 View Post
                        Hopefully an agent can elaborate on what I'm going to say. Though I don't know any specific stations in Michigan, follow the below link to view a map of BP sectors. If you are assigned to the Detroit sector you can end up in any station that is inclusive in it's boundaries (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio). Your chances of getting Detroit/Port Huron would depend on the needs of the agency (as would your chance of getting the Detroit sector in general). I know this is general info, but it was answer an agent gave me when I was wondering what the odds were of actually being stationed in the city of San Diego if sent to the San Diego sector.

http://www.bpsups.org/images/sectors.jpg
                        When they make an offer of employment, will they specify what location within the sector you will be assigned to or is is completely up in the air until training is done?

Comment

• To the best of my knowledge a final offer will come via telephone or FedEx. That final offer will include the specific duty station that you will EOD to within your sector. You arrive at the assigned duty station pre-academy, head off the academy, and then go back to your assigned duty station. So, yes, I am almost positive that you know your exact station before ever stepping foot in the academy because you have to EOD there beforehand. Again, if any agents can validate this then that would be helpful. I'm just trying to relay all of the research I've done.

Comment

• Originally posted by sjhogs3333 View Post
                            To the best of my knowledge a final offer will come via telephone or FedEx. That final offer will include the specific duty station that you will EOD to within your sector. You arrive at the assigned duty station pre-academy, head off the academy, and then go back to your assigned duty station. So, yes, I am almost positive that you know your exact station before ever stepping foot in the academy because you have to EOD there beforehand. Again, if any agents can validate this then that would be helpful. I'm just trying to relay all of the research I've done.
                            Thats how it worked for an offer for a CBPO position I had to turn down, I got a call from the MHC with the location. I want to give it a shot even though odds are against me to be placed where I want in the Detroit sector I am guessing.

Thanks for the help SJhogs.

Comment

• Question for existing BPA's

Im just wondering why everyone hates on the BP? When I first started the process everyone tried talking me out of it talking all kinds of nonsense. Now when people find out that I am in TSU and just waiting on the call for EOD the reaction is not much better. I have a buddy in MIA that wants me to apply with them. He introduced me to a co-worker of his that was a BPA and now is MIA. He told his buddy that I was in the process with the BP. I was thinking this guy would have a better attitude about the BP seeing as how he used to work for them......to my surprise he pretty much acted like everyone else.

"BP's not bad I guess(looking like he was in pain). I wouldn't have lasted much longer but its a good start." WTF? What is the deal? This kind of crap makes me angry because even though I am sure of what I want to do, it brings doubt to my mind! Not sure how to take it! Any insight will help and thanks in advance! (Sorry for my rant!)
                              Last edited by Hope2BPA; 07-14-2009, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• On the Fence

Originally posted by JBC View Post
                                When they make an offer of employment, will they specify what location within the sector you will be assigned to or is is completely up in the air until training is done?
                                You will be told when you are called and offered the position.

As someone that is currently attending the Academy, I recommend that everyone "still on the fence" about whether they want the job, do the research. This Academy and this career is no joke. For example, a recent class just graduated 27 out of 50. Although that is not the norm, a class of 30-35 seems common around here.

I'm not trying to scare anyone off. If you want it and you have the skills, you will graduate and be successful. If not, you'll leave and go to "another" academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10063 users online. 339 members and 9724 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X