300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Colorado LEO 2B View Post
    To think this is all started with a simple question.......

I apologize if I've started something here

Thanks to all that have contributed to the thread, it has truly answered 99% of the questions I'm afraid to ask at ww.honorfirst.com, I only read overthere; not post.
    You have no need to apologize, the little spat started when our little troll friend kept trying to put out misinformation. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Comment

• I've searched this thread for an answer to this specific question, but to the best of my knowledge I didn't find an answer. Apologies in advance if it's in here somewhere and I missed it.

I e-mailed the hiring unit a couple of days ago with a question about my qualifications but also asked for an update on my BI if there was one not reflected on CASS. The answer I received from Minneapolis regarding that portion was "Your background investigation is still pending. It can take anywhere from 3-9 months to complete."

None of this is a surprise, of course, but today I also got a call from my investigator asking me to forward her one of the investigation forms that didn't get forwarded with the rest of my package to HQ, where someone there noticed it was missing. So my BI is sitting on someone's desk and is being reviewed, and that is encouraging.

My question is does anyone know for certain what the 3-9 month figure is taking into account? I took the written exam in early December, completed all the other requirements in the following couple of months, and was finally contacted by my investigator in late May. Is it 3-9 months from the initial interview or 3-9 months once it hits HQ? I'm trying to gauge where I am in the process, though I am in no danger of losing my patience. This is strictly for my own curiosity.

Comment

• Originally posted by RLB4104 View Post
        I've searched this thread for an answer to this specific question, but to the best of my knowledge I didn't find an answer. Apologies in advance if it's in here somewhere and I missed it.

I e-mailed the hiring unit a couple of days ago with a question about my qualifications but also asked for an update on my BI if there was one not reflected on CASS. The answer I received from Minneapolis regarding that portion was "Your background investigation is still pending. It can take anywhere from 3-9 months to complete."

None of this is a surprise, of course, but today I also got a call from my investigator asking me to forward her one of the investigation forms that didn't get forwarded with the rest of my package to HQ, where someone there noticed it was missing. So my BI is sitting on someone's desk and is being reviewed, and that is encouraging.

My question is does anyone know for certain what the 3-9 month figure is taking into account? I took the written exam in early December, completed all the other requirements in the following couple of months, and was finally contacted by my investigator in late May. Is it 3-9 months from the initial interview or 3-9 months once it hits HQ? I'm trying to gauge where I am in the process, though I am in no danger of losing my patience. This is strictly for my own curiosity.
        Nobody can give you a definite answer on this. The biggest factor is how quick your particular investigators are and how much of a backlog they have. Just be patient, it will get done eventually.

Comment

• Immature arguing about discrimination and who knows what has been deleted. Keep on topic and leave the "mine's bigger than yours" type debates out or the thread will end up closed if not totally deleted.

Comment

Last edited by rbakous1; 07-09-2009, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• so, out of curiosity...

for those of us playing the waiting game in the process for southern border, which is basically in a holding pattern for now...

i saw northern border opened for spots.....if we changed preference to N border, would that speed things up or no? Wasn't sure if the backlog was just with teh SW, or if N border might move faster...

sorry for dumb question

Comment

• I was wondering the same thing. I got a email from the BPA saying "we dont anticipate hiring anybody for the southwest border for several months" and it seemed to incourage that I apply on the Northern Border. So I picked Detroit, hopefully it will speed things up

Comment

• I talked to a lady on the phone today about the northern border situation. I was referred to TSU about a month ago (formerly Cali geo preference). Since I saw northern border spots opening up I asked her if I could literally transfer my whole file over to a northern border vacancy without redoing the process. She said yes and told me just to apply for a certain sector and everything (written, fitness, oral, background, medical) would be transferred over. I'm going to choose Detroit when I have time this afternoon. I understand that there is still about a year to year and a half training period on the SW border anyway. However, knowing that I'd be moving up north in about 15 months would sit very well with me - as opposed to being stuck in the desert for too long.

As far as people's questions over how much faster northern border positions will be filled. Personally, I didn't get the vibe like they were in any great rush. Certainly far from the rush to fill SW border vacancies over the past couple years. I expected to be in TSU for at least two more months anyway (based on the seniority list). If I have to wait a tad longer for a spot up north, its well worth it. For me, anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by sjhogs3333 View Post
                    As far as people's questions over how much faster northern border positions will be filled. Personally, I didn't get the vibe like they were in any great rush. Certainly far from the rush to fill SW border vacancies over the past couple years. I expected to be in TSU for at least two more months anyway (based on the seniority list). If I have to wait a tad longer for a spot up north, its well worth it. For me, anyway.
                    FWIW, people who are applying for the N. Border Announcements that were just announced are being given the choice of an end of August and an end of September exam date. I'll leave it to the timeline calculators to figure out how long it will take people to arrive at the academy through those announcements.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeeOwed View Post
                      FWIW, people who are applying for the N. Border Announcements that were just announced are being given the choice of an end of August and an end of September exam date. I'll leave it to the timeline calculators to figure out how long it will take people to arrive at the academy through those announcements.

PeeOwed,

Thanks for being more direct with those just starting the process for N. Border vacancies. I realized my previous post was a little vague. I definitely agree with you though that those just starting the process fresh for a NB vacancy are in it for the long hall.

However, for someone like myself, who's already in TSU and is done with all the phases, the EOD offer for up north shouldn't be too far down the road. Correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by sjhogs3333 View Post
                        PeeOwed,

Thanks for being more direct with those just starting the process for N. Border vacancies. I realized my previous post was a little vague. I definitely agree with you though that those just starting the process fresh for a NB vacancy are in it for the long hall.

However, for someone like myself, who's already in TSU and is done with all the phases, the EOD offer for up north shouldn't be too far down the road. Correct?
                        No idea. I threw out the exam dates since someone with deeper knowledge may be able to figure out when they might want people for those slots in the academy. Just speculating, I don't think having all your ducks in a row from a prior applicaton would expedite your time to receiving a class date if the ad is posted under the assumption that everyone in consideration for that ad would be attending a certain range of academy dates. In other words, you're in TSU now, and you'll be in TSU until they develop they develop the candidate base they want for that announcement on that announcement's timetable. Hope that makes sense. Basically of course, being all done but the wait gives you an advantage over everyone else just starting the process, but you still need to wait till that announcement's process is ready to place a class (probably planned in some sort of timeframe in relationship to those upcoming exams).

Besides, Northern Border is all about waiting for something to happen. Consider it a final test. (Before every N. border agent on the board jumps me, just kidding folks).

Wasn't there a similar N.B. announcement sometime between Jan. and spring?

It's been mentioned before, but HonorFirst's boards, while it's got an annoying interface _and_ seems to have a huge troll population and the resulting signal/noise problems, is probably the best place to get insight into particular announcements timeline. Just read _thoroughly_ before posting, and write with a thick skin, they can be brutal on people posing FAQs that are well addressed elsewhere on the board.
                        Last edited by PeeOwed; 07-10-2009, 03:40 PM. Reason: remembered something

Comment

• so for someone who's only taken teh written test so far and is waiting to get a packet, would it make more sense to stay where im at with cali, or to try the N for a quicker route to artesia?

Comment

• Quick question is a BPA considered Law enforcement? as far as status?

Comment

• Originally posted by CATRSD View Post
                              Quick question is a BPA considered Law enforcement? as far as status?
                              Law Enforcement? Of course.

Peace officer? depends on the state.
                              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by CATRSD View Post
                                Quick question is a BPA considered Law enforcement? as far as status?
                                I hope that was a joke.

You should ask that question over on Honor First. They will be glad to help you out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11978 users online. 446 members and 11532 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X