300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
    Does anyone know if it is appropriate to invite the BI over to ones house for the interview? Or is the interview confidential and no one can be around (Ie. Parents, siblings, significant other, etc.) ?

Thanks in advance. Patiently waiting for the call.
    My BI asked to meet with me in my house. He also required that everyone else was gone.
    BPA Status
    TSU: 04/24/09
    EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
    Resigned: 10/28/09
    Reapplied: 07/29/11
    NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
    TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
    PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
    Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
    Applied: 06/24/11
    Written: 07/21/11
    NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

Does anyone know if it is appropriate to invite the BI over to ones house for the interview? Or is the interview confidential and no one can be around (Ie. Parents, siblings, significant other, etc.) ?

You could suggest using your home as the meeting place. But it is really up to the investigator. They will conduct it where ever they are comfortable.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Makes sense. Thanks guys!
        United States Border Patrol
        08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

I had my BI come to my house twice. Once while it was just him and I - and once while I had about 20 friends & family over for brunch. My BI brought his wife, we all mingled while he setup an interrogation room in the back room of my house and questioned everyone there. It worked quite well and saved a lot of time I'm sure.

Comment

• I just made it to TSU on the 11th of June. I know it can be a long time to wait there. I am also in the process for the CHP. My CHP BI told me to get a job because the process can be a long one too. I completed backgrounds with the CHP. Meanwhile i am interviewing for a few other civilian jobs until I get the call.
            Thank you to all that serve.

Comment

• yeahh this waiting game sucks really bad!!!!. I wish I would have stayed Active Duty. 62 day in TSU. Got like 25 more to go.... hopefully. I had the chance to deploy to Iraq back in November. I told them no becuase I just got done with the B.I. so i thougt i was like 3 or 4 month away from getting in. Well the batallion gets back in july. I could have made it in time

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                  Hunting people in the dark is a lot of fun.
                  Think of the $$$ they could've saved in recruiting with that line...

Comment

• I'm done.

TPA signing off
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                        Guys it sucks waiting around but this is a pretty fun job when you get out of the academy and field training. Hang in there, where ever you are. Hunting people in the dark is a lot of fun.
                        2nd week FTU guy here.

Let me just point out that this job is freakin' awesome. Attitude as an intern is crucial, but once you have that dialed in, you realize how great you have it as a PA, regardless of how much time you have in.

I know I said I would write more about my experiences thus far but I haven't had the time. Anyways to those of you guys still waiting: It's worth it.
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Thanks guys. You got me pretty motivated

Comment

• TPA3312 CONGRATS BRO!!!!. I saw in honorfirst you got called!!! Im happy to see that we are moving on. We have been to long in this wait is time to get a move on a carry on.

Comment

• I have just entered TSU and am awaiting the final call. One question about the Spanish course after the academy for anyone who's in the agency. Will I still have the opportunity to use the training facilities (i.e. range, gym) while only in the Spanish part of the academy? I'm assuming yes since it is probably an agency priority to keep one proficient with firearms and physical fitness, but still curious.

Comment

• Hey sjhogs3333

During Spanish you will only be learning Spanish and firesarms x2 during the span of time. If nothing else, you will be hitting the gym out of boredom.
                                Standing by to stand by

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12975 users online. 508 members and 12467 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X