Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in georgia and considering a border patrol career should I even consider this seeing as I am in georgia. I don't mind moving to Cal, Tex or somewhere around there but I don't want to move until I know I got a job . Is there anyway to do the testing in georgia etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by madhatter View Post
      Passed the OB on Friday. Now just waiting....still waiting. Can anyone tell me if candidates will always met with the BI, or if they pick and choose who they meet with based on BI results?
      Eventually every candidate will meet with a background investigator.

Comment

• Originally posted by drake View Post
        Is there anyway to do the testing in georgia etc?
        If they are doing testing in Germany, I'm fairly certain they have testing in GA. You even get to pick where.

Comment

• Originally posted by cms405 View Post
          Negative...Unless things have changed-the ONLY way to get GL9 is with the one year experience.

Madchiken-very funny!
          A private investigator w/ 1 yr. work experience (insurance claims) and who can demonstrate his skills, knowledge and ability for the GL-09grade, in addition to his advanced degree has a great possibility to get a GL-09. It does not necessarily have to LE experience. It is easy, but not impossible
          There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
            BTW, I passed my oral on Mon. I am super excited now. I was told BI is between 3-6 mo. So all is left is waiting....

On a different note, what Geo Location would be a more family friendly

991 - South Texas (Laredo Sector and the Rio Grande Valley Sector)
            992 - West Texas/New Mexico (Del Rio Sector, El Paso Sector, and Marfa Sector)
            993 - California (El Centro Sector and San Diego Sector)
            994 - Arizona (Tucson Sector and Yuma Sector)

That sounds about right, I was told 8-14 months is the timeline from passing the test to starting the academy. Common sense tells me that SD would be the most family friendly, seeing as how its one of the biggest cities in America. My friend was a BPA in a Texas town with a population of 5000, that must have been a hardship.

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
              BTW, I passed my oral on Mon. I am super excited now. I was told BI is between 3-6 mo. So all is left is waiting....

On a different note, what Geo Location would be a more family friendly

991 - South Texas (Laredo Sector and the Rio Grande Valley Sector)
              992 - West Texas/New Mexico (Del Rio Sector, El Paso Sector, and Marfa Sector)
              993 - California (El Centro Sector and San Diego Sector)
              994 - Arizona (Tucson Sector and Yuma Sector)

No one knows exactly how MHC operates. Often times, they expect to receive what they asked for by the deadline. However, it doesn't hurt to call them and let them know what happened. Your 2nd question: Everyone has a different opinion about each sector. Fact: California is pretty expensive, especially on 5/7 pay. Tucson Sector is average and Texas is pretty affordable. If you get stationed next to any city, you would be ok.
              There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

• OB posted on CASS. That puts BPA one check mark ahead of CBPO (still waiting on them to post my VBT results).
                USSCP
                Faxed App 7/28/10
                Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                  OB posted on CASS. That puts BPA one check mark ahead of CBPO (still waiting on them to post my VBT results).
                  Indeed! OB is posted on CASS here as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by phillystactical View Post
                    A private investigator w/ 1 yr. work experience (insurance claims) and who can demonstrate his skills, knowledge and ability for the GL-09grade, in addition to his advanced degree has a great possibility to get a GL-09. It does not necessarily have to LE experience. It is easy, but not impossible
                    Not to keep beating the horse...Experience requirements for GL9. There are no additional educational enhancements or substitutions. However there are some for GL5 and GL7. There are at least five of these that could not be met as a non-sworn, non-LE investigator.

1. Develop cases, conduct interviews or interrogations, apprehensions, and arrests in order to further the process or cease development.

2. Prepare cases and appear as a professional witness in court.

3. Exercise sound judgment in the use of firearms and conduct training, qualification exercises, or courses in the proper care and use of firearms.

4. Deal effectively with individuals or groups of persons in a courteous and tactful manner in their detention, control or interrogation, and work to promote effective community outreach programs and public relations.

5. Analyze and disseminate intelligence information and data rapidly; and apply a practical knowledge of the laws, concepts, operational practices and law enforcement methods and techniques in order to independently perform duties typically encountered in law enforcement.

6. Develop and maintain contact with a network of informants, social and political organizations, state and local enforcement agencies, and private citizens, to ensure continuity of enforcement work and to carry out enforcement responsibilities.

7. Use a variety of law enforcement databases and information retrieval systems, such as TECS, NCIC, and NEXUS.

8. Prepare reports and write other documents that deal with the collection, protection, and recording of evidence, the presentation of testimony, and the retention of informational materials concerning illegal activities and practices encountered during daily activities.

Comment

• FINALLY AFTER 7 MONTHS I GOT MY FIRST CHECK OFF ON CASS

MY PRE EMPLOYMENT FORMS HAVE ALL BEEN RECEIVED

WOO HOO LOL

Sorry but Im just a tad bit excited

Comment

• Congrats sokalcopkid. In the process for my BI right now, those guys are thorough.
                        Standing by to stand by

Comment

• Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
                          FINALLY AFTER 7 MONTHS I GOT MY FIRST CHECK OFF ON CASS

MY PRE EMPLOYMENT FORMS HAVE ALL BEEN RECEIVED

WOO HOO LOL

Sorry but Im just a tad bit excited

Another step forward
                          Border Patrol Process

Written Test---4/21 (101 testers-23 passed)
                          Medical--------5/19
                          Oral Board------5/19
                          Physical Agility--5/19
                          Credit Report Pulled---6/06
                          Random Drug Test-----6/13
                          B.I. Started Field Interviewing---6/24
                          Employment Qualifications Cleared For G-5 6/26
                          Meet With B.I. From The D.H.S.-------7/7

http://<span style="font-size:12px">...rst.com</span>

Comment

• i know BPA2b finally got the ball rollin i hope we will be workin together man that would be awesome

we still gotta go to the range sometime soon

Comment

• Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
                              i know BPA2b finally got the ball rollin i hope we will be workin together man that would be awesome

we still gotta go to the range sometime soon
                              My B.I. said her report on me was due back on 7/21/08 so we'll see what happens.

If the wife did'nt make any plans for me, maybe we can hit the range next weekend..let me know
                              Border Patrol Process

Written Test---4/21 (101 testers-23 passed)
                              Medical--------5/19
                              Oral Board------5/19
                              Physical Agility--5/19
                              Credit Report Pulled---6/06
                              Random Drug Test-----6/13
                              B.I. Started Field Interviewing---6/24
                              Employment Qualifications Cleared For G-5 6/26
                              Meet With B.I. From The D.H.S.-------7/7

http://<span style="font-size:12px">...rst.com</span>

Comment

• I have a VBT this coming Fri for the CBPO position.

How long does it last?

Thanks

BPA
                                test: 04/08
                                Results: Passed - 04/08
                                COE Received - 05/08
                                Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                                Panel: 07/08: Passed
                                BI: ?..
                                CBPO
                                test: 03/08
                                Results: Passed - 04/08
                                COE Received: 06/08
                                Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                                VBT: Passed 07/08
                                BI: ???
                                FBI
                                Phase I: 05/08
                                Results: Passed 05/08
                                Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                                Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                                Panel: 10/08: ???
                                PFT: 11/08: ???
                                USSS
                                TEA test: 08/07
                                Panel: 02/08

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9926 users online. 463 members and 9463 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X