300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quannj View Post
    ok this remark has ****ed me off..i was @ the correct website and the sectors that was listed matched up correctly..

how about MAYBE customs and border protection is under the same wing and depending on where u choose sends you to border or customs... there's nothing on the site that says hey if u pick washington -other sectors you choosing customs..if u choose washington (and it names towns your picking patrol) or in my case you pick los angeles is chose customs and i needed to pick el centro to get patrol

SO HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM????

DO I NEED TO CANCEL MY APP AND START OVER
    You don't make any sense and I didn't understand anything that you wrote. I can only guess you are asking how to apply to the Border Patrol.

http://www.usborderpatrol.gov/

Click on the big letters that say 'Join us. Apply Now.' .

Comment

ok this remark has ****ed me off..i was @ the correct website and the sectors that was listed matched up correctly..

how about MAYBE customs and border protection is under the same wing and depending on where u choose sends you to border or customs... there's nothing on the site that says hey if u pick washington -other sectors you choosing customs..if u choose washington (and it names towns your picking patrol) or in my case you pick los angeles is chose customs and i needed to pick el centro to get patrol

SO HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM????

DO I NEED TO CANCEL MY APP AND START OVER
      Go to usajobs, find the listing for Border Patrol Agent, and apply that way. CBPO is a completely different listing. It doesn't matter what location you pick.
      USSCP
      Faxed App 7/28/10
      Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
      Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• ok did some digging and submitted another app going off a link from the border patrol website..i opted for compressed testing to speed things up..neg. part is the 400 miles i have to drive to get there...o well..make a lil trip out of it..maybe i can do some good 4 wheeling while in the buffalo area

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
          Go to usajobs, find the listing for Border Patrol Agent, and apply that way. CBPO is a completely different listing. It doesn't matter what location you pick.
          thanks gitmo but i figured it out,, this other poster comes across as a D^&* but i'm not one to start an online ****ing match...

i started off the cbp site..even though it speaks on the site about border patrol and etc they never show different links so one would assume that one app is good for both jobs

i found an offical BP site with the apply link there

Comment

• Is there any way to qualify for Grade 9 with education rather than 1 year work experience?

Comment

• Passed the OB on Friday. Now just waiting....still waiting. Can anyone tell me if candidates will always met with the BI, or if they pick and choose who they meet with based on BI results?

Comment

ok did some digging and submitted another app going off a link from the border patrol website..i opted for compressed testing to speed things up..neg. part is the 400 miles i have to drive to get there...o well..make a lil trip out of it..maybe i can do some good 4 wheeling while in the buffalo area

Glad I could help.

Another FYI - You will be making two 400 mile trips to the compressed testing site. One for the written test, and, if you pass, you will go back to the same location for the Oral Board.

It may or may not be worth the drive. At least when I went through the process, there was only a month in between written test and OB for the compressed testing. Non-compressed testing would have been more convenient, but there would have been approximately 3 months between the written and OB. So I saved two months by doing the compressed testing.

You can go to honorfirst and get more up to date info on whether its really that much quicker. The process is moving faster now than before, so compressed testing may not offer that much of a benefit.

Comment

• Originally posted by madhatter View Post
                  Passed the OB on Friday. Now just waiting....still waiting. Can anyone tell me if candidates will always met with the BI, or if they pick and choose who they meet with based on BI results?
                  In the past you always had to meet with the BI, but I have read on honorfirst that some folks are getting academy dates and having the BI process started while at the academy.

But eventually you will have to meet the BI. It is an easy process. Not a grilling or interrogation, if that is what you are wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tirofijo View Post
                    Glad I could help.

Another FYI - You will be making two 400 mile trips to the compressed testing site. One for the written test, and, if you pass, you will go back to the same location for the Oral Board.
                    Not neccesarily. I drove for six hours to my compressed test in Chicago, but my OB was in Cincinatti only two hours away.
                    Last edited by GitmoVet; 07-14-2008, 09:43 PM.
                    USSCP
                    Faxed App 7/28/10
                    Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                    Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• I submitted an application today, does anyone know who I'll work for or what I'll be doing...?

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                        I submitted an application today, does anyone know who I'll work for or what I'll be doing...?
                        Careful, you are going to hurt someone's feelings and the next thing you know they'll call you names. You know it's not their fault that they couldn't figure out how to apply to the proper agency.

Next thing you know you will be giving out good advice like, yes, a business attire really is necessary for the OB, and he'll just resent the help.
                        Last edited by Tirofijo; 07-15-2008, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                          I submitted an application today, does anyone know who I'll work for or what I'll be doing...?
                          Mad: You are too funny....lol.... audi0splode: To get GL-09 without any law enforcement experience is going pretty challenging, but not imposible. If you have an advaced degree, you should be ok as long as you KSA's are squared away.
                          There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

• Originally posted by phillystactical View Post
                            Mad: You are too funny....lol.... audi0splode: To get GL-09 without any law enforcement experience is going pretty challenging, but not imposible. If you have an advaced degree, you should be ok as long as you KSA's are squared away.
                            I had to decline a GL-7 position during the paperwork process because my official transcripts were not from an agency they listed. The time frame I was given to turn in papers, did not allow me to do what they asked. I kind of regret it now. Is there a way to correct that?

BPA
                            test: 04/08
                            Results: Passed - 04/08
                            COE Received - 05/08
                            Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                            Panel: 07/08: Passed
                            BI: ?..
                            CBPO
                            test: 03/08
                            COE Received: 06/08
                            Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                            VBT: Passed 07/08
                            BI: ???
                            FBI
                            Phase I: 05/08
                            Results: Passed 05/08
                            Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                            Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                            Panel: 10/08: ???
                            PFT: 11/08: ???
                            USSS
                            TEA test: 08/07
                            Panel: 02/08

Comment

• BTW, I passed my oral on Mon. I am super excited now. I was told BI is between 3-6 mo. So all is left is waiting....

On a different note, what Geo Location would be a more family friendly

991 - South Texas (Laredo Sector and the Rio Grande Valley Sector)
                              992 - West Texas/New Mexico (Del Rio Sector, El Paso Sector, and Marfa Sector)
                              993 - California (El Centro Sector and San Diego Sector)
                              994 - Arizona (Tucson Sector and Yuma Sector)
                              Last edited by jumbojack; 07-16-2008, 01:19 PM.

BPA
                              test: 04/08
                              COE Received - 05/08
                              Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                              Panel: 07/08: Passed
                              BI: ?..
                              CBPO
                              test: 03/08
                              COE Received: 06/08
                              Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                              VBT: Passed 07/08
                              BI: ???
                              FBI
                              Phase I: 05/08
                              Results: Passed 05/08
                              Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                              Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                              Panel: 10/08: ???
                              PFT: 11/08: ???
                              USSS
                              TEA test: 08/07
                              Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Negative...Unless things have changed-the ONLY way to get GL9 is with the one year experience.

Madchiken-very funny!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8083 users online. 266 members and 7817 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X