300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
    I was wondering, were border patrol agents authorized to carry off duty before H.R.218 was passed? What about cbp officers?
    That's a yes on both, but it has to be the issued firearm.
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
      Those of you who want SD might be in luck. My boss said 80 new nugs are coming to my station in east county this year. Good luck to you all.
      Thanks for the information SHU. I have been in TSU for about 85 days I believe. Maybe they are holding out to offer me SD! That's probably just wishfully thinking but it doesn't hurt. I hope you're having a good week.

- Option

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Removed by owner
          Last edited by TPA3312; 06-12-2009, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• I've carried almost every day for the past 8 years. I didn't carry much at first, but then I ran into someone I had recently put in jail. It doesn't matter where you live as this was in a nice area of a major city. Saying that it was not a good feeling would be quite the understatement... No one has ever seen my weapon and IMHO, I'd rather be slightly uncomfortable than feel the way I did that night.

The chances of something happening are fairly small, but I'd rather be prepared...

Comment

• I wasn't carrying only cause I've been busy moving towards the station and what not, but after my coworker almost ran into some trouble the other night (after our FIRST DAY no less), I'm carrying everywhere I go, minus the exceptions where I can't. My holster conceals very well and is dang comfortable so I'm not terribly worried about printing too.

Friday will wrap up my first week at my duty station. So far it's been pretty boring because we're doing post-academy paperwork and what not. I'll maybe write up a bit more over the weekend.
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• whats up guys?. Whats new? Did they started calling people from april?
                  Almost 60 days in TSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ronaldbur View Post
                    whats up guys?. Whats new? Did they started calling people from april?
                    Almost 60 days in TSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Nope, they are still in late March.

Comment

• I bet man the closer you get the worse it gets!! I only got 3 more days for my 60th day in TSU and they havent even started with the first people from april!!!!

Comment

• Removed by owner
                        Last edited by TPA3312; 06-12-2009, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                          It's not too bad. Patience is needed for government work. How the wait is going now, it seems 85-90 days is the new wait time. It may even get longer.

I'm more nervous about going to Artesia. It's been about 5 months I have been training, and I just hope it has been enough.
                          Just don't quit and you should be fine. I hear a lot of people dropping on the runs are early 20-somethings without much heart. Who knows for sure...just give it your all and you should prevail. Artesia is just the beginning my friend!

- Option

Comment

• Removed by owner
                            Last edited by TPA3312; 06-12-2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know if it is appropriate to invite the BI over to ones house for the interview? Or is the interview confidential and no one can be around (Ie. Parents, siblings, significant other, etc.) ?

Thanks in advance. Patiently waiting for the call.
                              United States Border Patrol
                              08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12929 users online. 437 members and 12492 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X