Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello everybody...I took my BPA exam around mid april and haven't received a NOR through the mail. However, I called MHC this past friday and they sent me me an email NOR with my score. My geographic preference is California...do you all think it will take a while until I receive a TO from CA? How do the vacancies look over there?

    CBPO
    * EXAM: 3/3/09
    * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
    * TO: MID APRIL
    * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
    * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
    * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
    * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
    *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
    *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
    *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
    *EOD: 6/29/09

    *FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04


    BPA
    *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
    *TO: ???

    ICE IEA
    *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

    Comment


    • Some people are in the door 4 months after they take the written. Other people are about 2 years. At this time, I took the exam in Sept '08 and don't plan on being at ART before this Sept. Plan on a year. If you haven't been to Honorfirst.com, go there and read for a few weeks before you post too much. Read, again I say, read.
      trainee

      Comment


      • What happened with that TSU list???? It seems they stopped updating it

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ronaldbur View Post
          What happened with that TSU list???? It seems they stopped updating it
          The new person, Tia, has been on vacation. Steven who used to do it got the call a couple weeks ago. They are calling applicants in TSU from mid-March. I think the last date called was 3/17/09.
          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

          Comment


          • woow it seems that as times goes on the TSU witing time is longer. CRAP!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by flyfrog View Post
              Some people are in the door 4 months after they take the written. Other people are about 2 years. At this time, I took the exam in Sept '08 and don't plan on being at ART before this Sept. Plan on a year. If you haven't been to Honorfirst.com, go there and read for a few weeks before you post too much. Read, again I say, read.
              oh ok...just wondering cuz I had gotten a TO for CBPO fairly quickly. But then again...my score for that exam was higher than the BP one

              CBPO
              * EXAM: 3/3/09
              * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
              * TO: MID APRIL
              * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
              * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
              * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
              * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
              *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
              *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
              *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
              *EOD: 6/29/09

              *FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04


              BPA
              *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
              *TO: ???

              ICE IEA
              *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ronaldbur View Post
                woow it seems that as times goes on the TSU witing time is longer. CRAP!!
                The waiting time has stayed about the same. Averaging about 60-65 days, with 70 days the longest. Patience is needed. I have been spending my days running and lifting, and they have just flown by.
                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ronaldbur View Post
                  What happened with that TSU list???? It seems they stopped updating it
                  This is the new list, the other person (Steven) got the call so Tia took over the duties.

                  http://forums.delphiforums.com/borde...d&u=1879833645
                  BPA:
                  Written Test: Passed (97%)
                  Reactivated Feb 09
                  Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                  Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                  Medical Exam: Completed
                  Drug Test: Completed
                  Fitness: Completed
                  Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                  Background Investigation: Completed


                  IEA ICE
                  Written Test: Passed (80% )
                  Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                  Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by PureLife23 View Post
                    oh ok...just wondering cuz I had gotten a TO for CBPO fairly quickly. But then again...my score for that exam was higher than the BP one
                    As you were suggesting, your score depends on when you are given a TO. MHC will send the first TO to the person with the highest score on their list. The second TO will go to the second highest score. This process will continue until MHC has sent all of the TOs that need to be issued. Since you scored an 86, there are probably quite a few others with a higher score. Thus, that may be the reason you have not received a TO for the BP.

                    I suggest you proceed with the CBPO process. If the BP selects you, I think the transition is not too difficult.

                    Good luck,
                    Section8
                    BPA Status
                    TSU: 04/24/09
                    EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                    Resigned: 10/28/09
                    Reapplied: 07/29/11
                    NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                    TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                    PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                    Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

                    CBPO Status
                    Applied: 06/24/11
                    Written: 07/21/11
                    NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Section8 View Post
                      As you were suggesting, your score depends on when you are given a TO. MHC will send the first TO to the person with the highest score on their list. The second TO will go to the second highest score. This process will continue until MHC has sent all of the TOs that need to be issued. Since you scored an 86, there are probably quite a few others with a higher score. Thus, that may be the reason you have not received a TO for the BP.

                      I suggest you proceed with the CBPO process. If the BP selects you, I think the transition is not too difficult.

                      Good luck,
                      Section8
                      I took the exam in April also, and I scored a 100 without vet points. I havent recieved my TO yet, but hopefully I will get it soon.

                      Comment


                      • ?

                        Ok, so now my CASS was updated again today and all the requirements are gone. It says that I have met all the pre-employment requirements and that my file is under review. It says they will contact me with directions about the next steps in the process. Has anyone else seen this on CASS? Not sure what to think.......good thing or bad thing? Today was my last day on Active duty so Im on terminal leave for a few weeks. I wish I could just get a yes or a no at least even if I don't get that call just yet for the academy!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
                          Ok, so now my CASS was updated again today and all the requirements are gone. It says that I have met all the pre-employment requirements and that my file is under review. It says they will contact me with directions about the next steps in the process. Has anyone else seen this on CASS? Not sure what to think.......good thing or bad thing? Today was my last day on Active duty so Im on terminal leave for a few weeks. I wish I could just get a yes or a no at least even if I don't get that call just yet for the academy!
                          It's a normal step. The final review can take anywhere from days to weeks. After that, it will be an average of 65 days from TSU till "the call."
                          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                            It's a normal step. The final review can take anywhere from days to weeks. After that, it will be an average of 65 days from TSU till "the call."
                            So that means that I should be referred to TSU soon then.............When this happens you pretty much have a position as a BPAT right? Its just a matter of waiting?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
                              So that means that I should be referred to TSU soon then.............When this happens you pretty much have a position as a BPAT right? Its just a matter of waiting?
                              Yes, soon you will be in TSU. Some people it takes 2-3 days, others it takes 2-3 weeks for the final review. It's all in the luck of the draw. And yes, once in TSU you will pretty much have a position, unless something crazy happens like a hiring freeze or arrest.
                              Last edited by TPA3312; 05-26-2009, 09:19 PM.
                              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                                Yes, soon you will be in TSU. Some people it takes 2-3 days, others it takes 2-3 weeks for the final review. It's all in the luck of the draw. And yes, once in TSU you will pretty much have a position, unless something crazy happens like a hiring freeze or arrest.
                                Thanks TPA! This wait is brutal!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8736 users online. 261 members and 8475 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X