300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
    You can take whatever leave you accumulate while at the Academy. You may also be eligible for some administrative leave as well. I'm not 100% on the policy on that. You'll be given more information as you near the end of your stay in Artesia.
    Admin leave is being given out, but how much you get depends on your sector/station. Most of the time what they will try to do is get you all back on the same day to start simultaneously instead of people coming in at different days (even though it happens anyway). Be warned, all leave requests are just that, a request; some guys in my class tried to go for more than 5 days on top of requesting the admin leave and it didn't get approved. I know of a few guys who live only a couple hours away from their duty station and got a full 5 days admin, whereas others live 4 times the distance from their new duty station and got 2 days. The difference was the station.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Hi everyone. I initially took my BP exam back in October of 08', Oral Board October 08', Physical & Medical in Nov. 08', began background investigation in Dec. 08'. I was just cleared on Medical due to my vision. I didn't pass the vision so I had that laser surgery and just got cleared May 13, 2009. I'm now my file is just at the security office...that doesn't sound 'QUICK' to me. I hope I don't have to wait too long anymore!

Comment

• Academy Grads., What was your longest single run during PT?? Myself, I am running 2-3 miles 4-5 times a week. Should I increase my runs 3+miles or is the total 12-15 miles a week enough? Nursing some shin splints, I was running 6 days. Thanks for the encouragement and support. Good Luck to all.
        BORDER PATROL [/COLOR][/I][/U]- WRITTEN PASSED 2/12 ORAL PASSED 2/16
        B/I Packet Turned in 2/24,
        Med/Physical/Drug Screen Passed 3/13/09
        B/I Interview+Quals Complete and Report sent 4-22-09, 5-7-09 SENT TO TSU

EOD 10-5-09
        For those who want to win there is never enough time to train

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Can somebody please give me a little insight into the BI interview? When I did mine in the Army it was a grilling. I've heard that he/she comes to your home?
            "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
            George Orwell

BP
            Written Test - 2/14/2009 Passed
            Medical Exam - 3/13/2009 Passed
            Fitness Test - 3/13/2009 Passed
            Drug Screening - 4/24/2009 Passed
            Structured Interview - 4/29/2009 Passed
            Pre-Employment Forms - Received
            Qualifications - GL-7
            Background Investigation - Met with BI 7/22/2009

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
            Written Test - 5/27/2009 Passed
            NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

• Thanks for the info., just came back from a 2 mile on a "poly"(soft) track. It has helped alot to get off of the street. I also went to a "running store" to check my "gate" and found out I was in the wrong shoes. So I suggest to all, if you have not done so yet, to get a "gate analysis" it has helped the shin splints considerably. Thanks Again....
              BORDER PATROL [/COLOR][/I][/U]- WRITTEN PASSED 2/12 ORAL PASSED 2/16
              B/I Packet Turned in 2/24,
              Med/Physical/Drug Screen Passed 3/13/09
              B/I Interview+Quals Complete and Report sent 4-22-09, 5-7-09 SENT TO TSU

EOD 10-5-09
              For those who want to win there is never enough time to train

Comment

• Originally posted by OEFvet83 View Post
                Can somebody please give me a little insight into the BI interview? When I did mine in the Army it was a grilling. I've heard that he/she comes to your home?
                The BI interview is not really a grilling. They just go over everything you listed on your SF86, and asked detailed question on any questionable answers. He/she will also ask for copies of documents (DL, passport, ect.). From what I have seen on these forums some investigators are more "serious" than others. It just the luck of the draw.

And on the location. It's determined by the investigator. Some like to meet at your home, and some like to meet in public locations like libraries, your work, sheriff/PD stations, or gov. buildings. For me, I met him at my local library, then he followed me home to talk to my neighbors and leasing office.

Good luck, dress casual, and stay calm. Be cooperative, not uptight, but serious about the process.
                Last edited by TPA3312; 05-20-2009, 11:46 PM.
                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by coolhand007 View Post
                  Thanks for the info., just came back from a 2 mile on a "poly"(soft) track. It has helped alot to get off of the street. I also went to a "running store" to check my "gate" and found out I was in the wrong shoes. So I suggest to all, if you have not done so yet, to get a "gate analysis" it has helped the shin splints considerably. Thanks Again....
                  I would suggest getting two pairs of whatever shoes you have for PT. I did the same thing (got them fitted with my arch/gate analysis), and my shoes fell apart after 6 or 7 weeks. Also your suggestion on getting fitted shoes is an excellent idea; either orthopedic in-soles or fitted shoes is the way to go.

Comment

• Sap,
                    What brand shoes fell apart after 6-7 weeks? During training at ART, we wear issued Danners all the time we are not in gym shoes? Thanks.
                    trainee

Comment

• Originally posted by flyfrog View Post
                      Sap,
                      What brand shoes fell apart after 6-7 weeks? During training at ART, we wear issued Danners all the time we are not in gym shoes? Thanks.
                      I'll have to look because I'm not sure. You get issued Danners, but when you change out for PT you will put your gym shoes on.

Comment

• Currently they are calling applicants from mid-March. That's great news. I only have about two weeks left in TSU.
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Curiously, are the Danners the short ones (4.5") or talls ones (8")?
                          trainee

Comment

• What is the Border Patrol's DISRUPT unit? Is there one at every BPA station? What type of experience to BPA's need to be selected for this unit?

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                              Currently they are calling applicants from mid-March. That's great news. I only have about two weeks left in TSU.
                              I check my CASS like 50 times a day to see if my BI is checked off
                              BPA:
                              Written Test: Passed (97%)
                              Reactivated Feb 09
                              Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                              Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                              Medical Exam: Completed
                              Drug Test: Completed
                              Fitness: Completed
                              Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                              Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                              Written Test: Passed (80% )
                              Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                              Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                                What is the Border Patrol's DISRUPT unit? Is there one at every BPA station? What type of experience to BPA's need to be selected for this unit?
                                DISRUPT is an anti-smuggling unit.

Not every station has one but there's generally one in every sector.

You'll need to be off probation. Competition is usually fierce.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10916 users online. 482 members and 10434 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X